Arne Slot | Liverpool manager (Posture Watch)

Hard to ascertain if Slot is a top tier manager until Liverpool's CL campaign begins but he's at least done Utd a huge favour and exposed his Dutch compatriot as a Pep Guardiola is my idol very early in the season :lol:
Working class background vs nepobaby, it was never close unfortunately

His style of play is mistakes from Casemiro and Salah brilliance.

Top manager. Very level headed. They will be the ones to challenge city.

He already has benched Elliott,Gakpo,Nunez,Endo and the liability Quanash after 45mins. Basiclly told Joe Gomez to get lost. Absolutely ruthless. Probably already planning to move them all on and get in better players.

Last edited:
Meh. Beaten a few mid-table teams so far. Got lucky with the first three fixtures. Let's wait for them to play City, Arsenal, and Brighton.

Erik please focus on the in-game management, the time for excuses is during the press conferences
We're not talking about ETH here. What did Slot do so well today? The difference was 3 big mistakes, Salah quality and Allison making some saves and Onana not.

I know it feels shit and it is shit losing to anyone, but like this to Liverpool especially. But today is fine margins. Allison makes 3 good saves, not great but good. If we have Salah creating or finishing those chances, we score at least one, and if Allison is in goal for us, they don't score their second or third.

I'll repeat again, we're not talking about ETH or his mistakes. He signed Onana etc. Yes I know, that's for another thread. I just don't think Slot did anything brilliant today. Even in pre-season 3-0, they were just clinical and we weren't.

I’ll wait a few months to see how we get on as the season opens up. Our next four games are very winnable in the league though.

Good start.

ETH signed Onana. I just don't think Slot did anything brilliant today.

The difference seems to be that ETH has spent 300m on meme players from Ajax like Onana and Anthony (are we sure Ajax isn't giving him a cut of the proceeds because Utd have spent the GDP of a micronation on absolute dross) yet he pretends to be managing some sort of underdog that needs 5 years to get results; Slot contrastingly is producing results with barely any new transfers and no complaints about the lack of shiny new toys.

I’ll wait a few months to see how we get on as the season opens up. Our next four games are very winnable in the league though.

Good start.
Good start but as the season progresses I reckon the lack of a top striker will cost you games.

The difference seems to be that ETH has spent 300m on meme players from Ajax like Onana and Anthony (are we sure Ajax isn't giving him a cut of the proceeds because Utd have spent the GDP of a micronation on absolute dross) yet he pretends to be managing some sort of underdog that needs 5 years to get results; Slot contrastingly is producing results with barely any new transfers and no complaints about the lack of shiny new toys.
Like I said, not about ETH. I agree with what you're saying but that's got nothing to do with Slot or what he's "implemented".

My point was the difference in quality of players. Funny you mention Antony and Onana when I've made specific points about Allison and Salah.

His style of play is mistakes from Casemiro and Salah brilliance.
Well he's got the Salah part down like nobody's business, now needs to find a way to have Casemiro play for all their opponents!

Good start but as the season progresses I reckon the lack of a top striker will cost you games.
I don’t think we’ll have any problem scoring goals. My worry is that if we get a midfield injury or two then we’re in trouble. A Van Dijk injury would devastate us as well.

This guys actually likeable as an interview. Ugh. Not having it. Someone fix this illusion for me.

Well he's got the Salah part down like nobody's business, now needs to find a way to have Casemiro play for all their opponents!
He hasn't made Salah better. He's just world class and has been for 7 years or so. We're not crediting Slot for Salah are we?

This guys actually likeable as an interview. Ugh. Not having it. Someone fix this illusion for me.

Stuck out like a sore thumb, he can convey his points without sounding confusing.

Tottenham supposedly rejected Erik on the basis of his communication and it does feel like it's a bigger impact on a coaches ability to imbed players with ideas if there's a bad language barrier.

He already has benched Elliott,Gakpo,Nunez,Endo and the liability Quanash after 45mins. Basiclly told Joe Gomez to get lost. Absolutely ruthless. Probably already planning to move them all on and get in better players.

He's a good manager but they're not gonna finish higher than 3rd.

He’s made a good start but feck me it’s not been made difficult for him has it? Faces a Championship side in his first game, followed by a Toney-less Brentford and then the absolute shit show that is Man Utd under ETH. There will be much tougher tests to come. Let’s see how he copes when things aren’t all rosy.

Their attacking players defensive positioning is very impressive

Look at their players after Szobo messed up that certain goal when 3-0 up. Within five seconds everyone managed to get back behind the ball. That's proper coaching.

Then you take a look at us in similar situations and the opposition would counter with 5 vs 2.

He’s doing his Job

So far so good, he inherited a very strong squad in the first place, Klopp laid a pretty tasty foundation for him.

The thing Slot has done is not come in bashing walls down, changing everything, he even said that there’s no need too with everything Klopp has built, not often managers get too come into a healthy environment squad wise, Slot so far has taken it in his stride, kept it simple.

A long way too go yet.

Klopp didn't seem too bad to begin with until we all realised that he was Liverpool manager and therefore a cnut.

Far too early to judge him.

I remember Luiz Felipe Scolari smashing it at Chelsea before it tailed off.

Solid start though.

Seems like an intelligent, tactically astute bloke. Not sure if he has the fire to take the fight to Pep and Arteta who are both mad bastards but we'll see.

They got Forest and Bournemouth at home next. He can legit go 5 wins in 5 without conceding a goal.

Last edited:
United fans seriously questioning Slot and calling him lucky looking at the dross we have at our club? Timing isn’t the best is it?

Seems like an intelligent, tactically astute bloke. Not sure if he has the fire to take the fight to Pep and Arteta who are both mad bastards but we'll see.
To come to a Liverpool with that team without anyone going out have helped him a lot. Test will be when they start dropping points. How quickly he can turn around things and how he behaves.

Liverpool are more solid defensively under Slot. They could win the CL again. And Chiesa will be an amazing player.

Meh time will tell. They weren’t exceptional today and for all the talk Ten Hag still has a weaker team at his disposal than the one Slot has inherited. That’s the reality of the situation Ten Hag inherited.