Arne Slot | Liverpool manager (Posture Watch)

Any manager coming into Liverpool with Klopp's team were going to be okay. All Slot has done is tweak a well oiled machine. If he doesn't get top 4 with this team, he needs to be sacked. His real test will be next season when Salah, VVD and Trent have gone on free transfers and Liverpool will need to find 150m to rebuild.

If he has Liverpool challenging for the title and back in the championship league those players are likely to stay.

He just had to turn up and tell them to just keep doing what they have been for the last 5 years.

He has no new signing either, it's basically the same team that finished 3rd on 82 points a month ago.

The comparisons with United are a just being made so the sports panels can stick the knife into United for another segment before the ad break.

Can't wait for Salah, Trent, Virgil and Alisson to leave next season.
You just know they will find good replacements..really annoying haha

You seriously need to be clueless to think that it's easy to take over from Klopp. Klopp massively overachieved with that team for years, they didn't spend a lot at all in comparision with teams around them, and they have total of minus 5 million net spend to back up Slot this season, with two players coming almost at the end of transfer window.

If Manchester United's manager took over this kind of squad people would say top8 is realistic for this season.

Ten Hag also looked promising at the start
Like Van Gaal
Like Donny
Like Depay
Like Blind
Like Buttner
(and I might have missed a few more)

I'm not a nationalist but there are a lot of early bloomers that turned out to be average from the netherlands in PL. Just wait and see.

I think its too early to tell.

Everyone thought we'd just carry on as we were when Moyes' United beat Swansea City 4-1 in our first league game.

You seriously need to be clueless to think that it's easy to take over from Klopp. Klopp massively overachieved with that team for years, they didn't spend a lot at all in comparision with teams around them, and they have total of minus 5 million net spend to back up Slot this season, with two players coming almost at the end of transfer window.

If Manchester United's manager took over this kind of squad people would say top8 is realistic for this season.
Funny, isn't it? Especially when the narrative on here has been for years that we'd regress to the mean after Klopp left because he was making the team punching above its weight. And also especially because you yourself have had a manager follow up a legendary manager not that long ago and you all had to sit through how that went, but suddenly it's easy to succeed a successful manager (and yes I know there are differences between SAF and Klopp, but still).

Still way too early to tell whether he'll actually succeed though, of course. First two games were against bad teams, and, while the Utd result and performance was encouraging at the very least, you were very bad imo. But nonetheless, nice to have 9 points out of 9 and no goals conceded going into the international break. If anything it's been a great start to relieve some of the pressure off of him, imagine us losing at Old Trafford and drawing one of the other games against Brentford or Ipswich and you already have doubts and a mini crisis a few weeks into the season. So in that respect, really couldn't have gone any better for him so far. Also encouraging that he seems to have completely transformed Gravenberch into an actual midfielder and he's been able to keep some of Klopp's features in the squad while also already putting his own touch on our play (a tad slower, more controlled, but still ruthless if we can afford to such as the first goal on the counter against Brentford).

Like Van Gaal
Like Donny
Like Depay
Like Blind
Like Buttner

I'm not a nationalist but there are a lot of early bloomers that turned out to be average from the netherlands in PL. Just wait and see.
I think if you make a list of all nationalities in the premier league, the overwhelming percentage of them aren't good enough. Being good enough for the premier league is very hard. You did in fact miss a few, like Stam, Van Nistelrooy and Van Persie :p

I do always crack up when I'm reminded of the fact Alexander Buttner played for United :lol:

Funny, isn't it? Especially when the narrative on here has been for years that we'd regress to the mean after Klopp left because he was making the team punching above its weight. And also especially because you yourself have had a manager follow up a legendary manager not that long ago and you all had to sit through how that went, but suddenly it's easy to succeed a successful manager (and yes I know there are differences between SAF and Klopp, but still).

Still way too early to tell whether he'll actually succeed though, of course. First two games were against bad teams, and, while the Utd result and performance was encouraging at the very least, you were very bad imo. But nonetheless, nice to have 9 points out of 9 and no goals conceded going into the international break. If anything it's been a great start to relieve some of the pressure off of him, imagine us losing at Old Trafford and drawing one of the other games against Brentford or Ipswich and you already have doubts and a mini crisis a few weeks into the season. So in that respect, really couldn't have gone any better for him so far. Also encouraging that he seems to have completely transformed Gravenberch into an actual midfielder and he's been able to keep some of Klopp's features in the squad while also already putting his own touch on our play (a tad slower, more controlled, but still ruthless if we can afford to such as the first goal on the counter against Brentford).
Has it? I think most of the narrative has been around how good your transfer activity has been and that can't be sustained. I think he's done well to seamlessly slip into the shoes of Klopp and the foundations he's laid, he's smart enough to not try and completely change what you are, but it's the big decisions where you'll see what he's made of.

Not that is was a hard spot, but he obviously saw that our team wasn't capable of handling an extremely aggressive press and managed to get his team to execute it perfectly. The best example for me was how often VVD jumped out to engage - not really his style. Bodes well for you he can put a game plan together and with the Quansah sub against Ipswich, he reacts quickly.

Like Van Gaal
Like Donny
Like Depay
Like Blind
Like Buttner

Yeah that 0-4 with Brentford second game in charge (he already lost the first one to Brighton at home) was surely a promising start if we compare the first few weeks :lol:

Can't recall Depay looking promising, he had one good game against Club Brugge.

Has it? I think most of the narrative has been around how good your transfer activity has been and that can't be sustained. I think he's done well to seamlessly slip into the shoes of Klopp and the foundations he's laid, he's smart enough to not try and completely change what you are, but it's the big decisions where you'll see what he's made of.

Not that is was a hard spot, but he obviously saw that our team wasn't capable of handling an extremely aggressive press and managed to get his team to execute it perfectly. The best example for me was how often VVD jumped out to engage - not really his style. Bodes well for you he can put a game plan together and with the Quansah sub against Ipswich, he reacts quickly.
I've read a lot of "I can't wait until Klopp fecks off and they get average again" on here over the last few years. Our transfer activity was great during one particular timeframe (the Salah-Firmino-Mane-VVD-Alisson days were all 2015-2018 so quite some time ago) but was already very hit and miss during Klopp's final years when we still were competitive (AOC, Naby Keita, to name a few).

I've read a lot of "I can't wait until Klopp fecks off and they get average again" on here over the last few years. Our transfer activity was great during one particular timeframe (the Salah-Firmino-Mane-VVD-Alisson days were all 2015-2018 so quite some time ago) but was already very hit and miss during Klopp's final years when we still were competitive (AOC, Naby Keita, to name a few).
Ah yeah, I think that's more a long term dig though. Yeah but VVD, Salah and Alisson are still arguably your best players! I think Slot will be tested when these big renewal decisions happen, Salah, VVD and Trent. Maybe you'll be like us and play them until their 40 :lol:.

For any decently organized team we are super easy to play against. Over the last couple of years we've been thoroughly outplayed and beaten by Brighton, Brentford, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Fulham and Crystal Palace.

It’s sad as Thomas Frank, Arnie Slot, Brendford players explained on tv how to play against Manchester United. I am no tactical expert but it was easy for to understand what needs given done to hurt us.

Ah yeah, I think that's more a long term dig though. Yeah but VVD, Salah and Alisson are still arguably your best players! I think Slot will be tested when these big renewal decisions happen, Salah, VVD and Trent. Maybe you'll be like us and play them until their 40 :lol:.
No idea, usually I'm more in the camp of "sell them when they're still worth something" but given their expiring contracts, can't really be applied in their situations.

I think TAA wants to see how we do under Slot this season before committing himself long-term to the club, but I think Salah wouldn't mind a new 2-3 year contract. His only feasible alternative seems to be Saudi Arabia though, or perhaps some Italian team would still take a punt on him.

I think the "Finally a worthy number 7" thread was started after that game.
The general feeling was concern it took Club Brugge for him to look good, before and after he was very poor. there was no promising period, just this one game with at the time poor opposition.

No idea, usually I'm more in the camp of "sell them when they're still worth something" but given their expiring contracts, can't really be applied in their situations.

I think TAA wants to see how we do under Slot this season before committing himself long-term to the club, but I think Salah wouldn't mind a new 2-3 year contract. His only feasible alternative seems to be Saudi Arabia though, or perhaps some Italian team would still take a punt on him.
It's a real tough one, feels like you've made the decision on Alisson with the keeper you just bought, but Salah feels like an impossible decision. He just keeps turning up when you think he's done for, but he will demand a top wage. It's going to be an interesting time for you, for sure.

Nobody can judge Slot vs ETH from tactical point of view, it’s far too early for that. However, I can’t help but feel that Slot being far more articulate in English must be some kind of advantage… when managing an English team.
Slot looks like he's coming off doing a 3-day dj set at a rave

Ten Hag looks like his wife cheats on him because she actually forgets he exists

However, I can’t help but feel that Slot being far more articulate in English must be some kind of advantage… when managing an English team

Of course it is, not a lot has been said about it but I find it amazing that someone like him can motivate players talking in english before the game.

Slot looks like he's coming off doing a 3-day dj set at a rave

Ten Hag looks like his wife cheats on him because she actually forgets he exists
It's because of the hair. He was far more handsome in his youth

1024x576a.jpg

Or was he...

It's because of the hair. He was far more handsome in his youth

1024x576a.jpg

Or was he...
Major "Tell me you're Dutch whithout telling me you're Dutch" vibes, that picture.

One thing I like most about Slot, aside from tactics and in-game adjustments, is his ability to tweak the team's attitude. I've noticed that Trent has become more focused on his defensive duties. He now commits fully, getting up and down the pitch without any hesitation, and is more willing to go into challenges, unlike before, especially during the latter stages under Klopp when he often seemed a bit lackadaisical and not as committed as he should have been.

Van Dijk is another player who’s now more willing to play on the front foot, especially on the ground, compared to the post-2022 Klopp era when he would mostly cover the ground. In aerial duels, he has always been dominant, but now we also seem to embrace a more physical approach, particularly with slide tackles from the midfielders, which is a marked difference from the Klopp era when we were often exposed during counterattacks. I believe these changes will reduce the risk of one-on-one situations against Alisson.

I've observed these subtle changes in the first three matches and even in the friendlies (though it's hard to gauge much from them, as teams often experiment with players, formations, or try to identify strengths and weaknesses—winning in friendlies doesn’t reveal much).

I like that he isn't playing to the cameras.

Klopp always seemed to be doing something silly whenever the camera went on him.

Needs an earth-shattering defeat but I honestly can't see him losing anytime soon.

It is unlikely he'll win the league in his first season but I can see him winning this seasons CL.

Very fortunate to get such an easy start. I wouldn’t go overboard with the platitudes yet. I don’t think they have looked particularly great in any of their games.

This, Liverpool have been criticised here how their midfield is a joke how they're in decline and as soon as Klopp goes they'll go back to being mediocre.

But now it's as if Slot has inherited an ATG side.

The truth is time will judge but anyone even before this season could see Liverpool have a good set of players who have a high potential. Ofcourse an injury to VVD would be damaging. But otherwise waiting the season and then judging is best

Yeah that 0-4 with Brentford second game in charge (he already lost the first one to Brighton at home) was surely a promising start if we compare the first few weeks :lol:

We finished 3rd with a very busy season. We played twice a week every week after the world cup until we got hammered by Sevilla. We won the Carabao as well. Adding Ronaldo’s drama and all it sounded like a decent first season that needed a few signings and we are good to go…

He's beaten three easy opponents so far (yes, that's what we are under ETH) so let's wait for his first real test.

Was asked to pick his greatest pl manager and went with dalglish and klopp which is hilarious considering that both only won one each and in the case of the former did little else besides.

Obviously football didn't begin in 92 as dalglish had decent managerial career beforehand but I found his endeavor to endear himself to Liverpool fans amusing nonetheless.

Was asked to pick his greatest pl manager and went with dalglish and klopp which is hilarious considering that both only won one each and in the case of the former did little else besides.

Obviously football didn't begin in 92 as dalglish had decent managerial career beforehand but I found his endeavor to endear himself to Liverpool fans amusing nonetheless.

It's Sir Alex and Pep. Any other answer is just pandering nonsense.

It's Sir Alex and Pep. Any other answer is just pandering nonsense.
Most managers gave somewhat pandering answers, the Spanish and those who worked under him unanimously picked Pep while arteta named both Pep, sir Alex and Wenger.

Silva the sole the Portuguese interviewed gave jose as his answer.

But either way those answers make sense even if they come from a place of indulgence but slot's is hilarious because I doubt beside the most stringent Liverpool fans anyone would think of dalglish when asked of their best pl manager.

Inherited a full functioning, basicly unchanged team that challenged for the title on a regular basis and is winning with that team. What a genius, mind blowing really.

Inherited a full functioning, basicly unchanged team that challenged for the title on a regular basis and is winning with that team. What a genius, mind blowing really.
He's this season's postecoglou who was last season's de Zerbi who was whoever the flavour of the month was before that.

Kind of disappointed with that. Not really like him to give such a pandering answer.

Last edited:
I know that anger talks through me now but he is a really lucky bastard.
Inherited very good team, zero injuries, absolutely perfect schedule in first 7-8 games and perfect xg.

Yes, i am jealous.