Argentina players singing racist chant targeting French players after Copa America final

Hideous. I can only hope Martinez and Garnacho weren’t involved, or they’ll have lost my respect completely.

Licha and Garnacho may or may not have participated in the chants, but i dont see them in the video above. You can obviously see Enzo and maybe another one or two (dont want to speculate), but for the rest, you cannot tell. Unless there is more footage.

Beyond shameful.

Um there is a colossal fecking difference between calling someone an idiot and participating in a disgusting racist chant?

He's also a history with tax fraud - Our very own fans are all too eager to call Sir Jim a cnut amongst other many names and he hasn't been convicted of anything.

Hard to tell who is who in that video, and also impossible to tell who is and isn’t joining in off camera. It’s going to be an absolute clusterfeck to review and unfortunately for Enzo he could well be the fall guy when they all deserve equal punishment.
„Unfortunately“ is not the word, I‘d use. He is singing a racist song. Nothing unfortunate about him getting fined/suspended/fouled at the next Chelsea practice.

More disciplinary work cut out for INEOS. How do United players feel about Licha/Garnacho after seeing that? Also, did no one think this was a bad idea? Was Messi around when this was being sung?
Messi apparently stayed in Miami because of the injury and didn’t travel in the team bus. At least that’s what I’ve read.

The first is him calling Weghorst 'bobo' after a very angry and heated match marred with incidents. The second is a racist chant. I get that you hate the prevalence of his 'nice guy' image, but I hope you understand that it's a huge leap in assumption from 'not nice' to 'racist'.

All that said, if he's involved, would like to see the same consequences that others (hopefully) face.
All good. I didn't mean to say that those things are the same, of course.
But, group of 20-30 people celebrating a huge win, emotions are high, probably little bit drinking; by the noise and atmosphere i doubt that only these 4 or 5 idiots on video are singing.

Apparently, both Lisandro and Garnacho can be seen on video but when other chant starts.

I have watched the video 5 times, but i dont see Garnacho at all. Licha maybe at the back on the left standing at the window, but hard to say, as the quality is not good and they all look similar with their short haircuts on the sides/back nowadays.

I have watched the video 5 times, but i dont see Garnacho at all. Licha maybe at the back on the left standing at the window, but hard to say, as the quality is not good and they all look similar with their short haircuts on the sides/back nowadays.
That's racist

More disciplinary work cut out for INEOS. How do United players feel about Licha/Garnacho after seeing that? Also, did no one think this was a bad idea? Was Messi around when this was being sung?

Currently, there’s zero evidence that they were involved.

They have zero control over there teammates actions so at present they are guilty of nothing.

What idiots, how stupid do you have to be to know that this is wrong?

This is terrible. He has to go now. It’s not like Enzo has been a world beater for them too, they should should get rid.
He's not going anywhere with his 25 years contract. I suspect FIFA will fine the Argentine FA and suspend Enzo for a few games. The PL will probably do the same but he will be back playing by September/October

They have zero control over there teammates actions so at present they are guilty of nothing.
Yeah, I don’t like the leap to “they were all together so everyone must be guilty of singing it” on such a serious issue. If there’s evidence of it, by all means, throw the book at them and give them the deserved punishment.

From this video, definitely. No evidence that anyone other than Enzo himself was singing it.

But you can hear the voices in the background - there's more. You don't know who else is singing, but you know this is a group chant. You can infer this is not the first time this chant's come up, either. So while there may be no legal action against our duo, there will certainly be questions asking if one of those voices was theirs. As there should be.

„Unfortunately“ is not the word, I‘d use. He is singing a racist song. Nothing unfortunate about him getting fined/suspended/fouled at the next Chelsea practice.

I guess the context I meant it is that whoever was involved (and I imagine there are a lot) all deserve equal punishment, but Enzo is currently the only one where the evidence lies.

But yes, severe punishment is needed.

“Listen, spread the word

They play for France but they are all from Angola

How nice, we are going to make them run, like that tr*nny f*cker Mbappe

His mom is Nigerian

His dad is Cameroonian

But in the documents

Nationality Francais”

Is it really that Racist? They start by making fun of his sexuality with the trans model, then question how French he really is. Obviously, born and raised in France but is it any different from all the German jokes with all the Austrians and Poles that represent them etc

Is it really that Racist? They start by making fun of his sexuality with the trans model, then question how French he really is. Obviously, born and raised in France but is it any different from all the German jokes with all the Austrians and Poles that represent them etc
That's not a thing and only ever brought up by racists

And the award for stupidest post of the day goes to...

These footballers are not the brightest people, eh? Seems like Licha/Garnacho were singing as well? Lost my respect to them.

There's no evidence whatsoever they were singing that song. The video is grainy as feck. I can't even see and identify Garnacho and Martinez during the first part of the clip.

Most importantly, the racist song starts at around 34 seconds (the last 10 seconds) and that part was even more blurry.

The following is the translation of the song (it seems):

"Listen, spread the word;
They play in France, but they are all from Angola;
How nice it is! They are going to run;
They are 'cometravas'*, like fecking Mbappé;
Their mom is Nigerian;
Their dad, Cameroonian.
But in the document ..Nationality: French".

*cometravas is a slang term that loosely translates to someone who likes fecking transgender people.

The above is transphobic for sure which makes it quite distasteful. The heat that this video gets should be about this.

But, Racist? Are we sure?
  • Could this be more of a mocking of how France poaches players and talents from all over Africa and yet "we" beat them?
  • Is the premise of the chant any different from the one used by Trevor Noah for this segment? Did Africa Just Win The World Cup? | The Daily Show With Trevor Noah (youtube.com)
  • When USA beat Pakistan in the T20 cricket world cup. Many were joking about how India's H1B team (and not USA) beat Pakistan. Is the Argentina song about the nationality of the player's parents any different?
These players have exposure, have colleagues and friends who have roots in Africa and play for Franch/Netherlands/Germany etc. Can we not assume the best in them and think that all this is not coming from a bad place. Is it possible this is healthy banter?

Last edited:
Any wider of the mark and you start up front for Uruguay

Is it really that Racist? They start by making fun of his sexuality with the trans model, then question how French he really is.

Not even getting into the rest of your post, but that's not how they start. You missed the second line despite quoting it. It's not just about Mbappe. And it's certainly not about his nationality.

Messi apparently stayed in Miami because of the injury and didn’t travel in the team bus. At least that’s what I’ve read.
Messi gone for five minutes and everything falls apart

Their mom is Nigerian;
Their dad, Cameroonian.

*cometravas is a slang term that loosely translates to someone who likes fecking transgender people.

The above is transphobic for sure which makes it quite distasteful.

• Could this be more of a mocking of how France poaches players and talents from all over Africa and yet "we" beat them?
  • Is the premise of the chant any different from the one used by Trevor Noah for this segment? Did Africa Just Win The World Cup? | The Daily Show With Trevor Noah (youtube.com)
  • When USA beat Pakistan in the T20 cricket world cup. Many were joking about how India's H1B team (and not USA) beat Pakistan. Is the Argentina song about the nationality of the player's parents any different?
These players have exposure, have colleagues and friends who have roots in Africa and play for Franch/Netherlands/Germany etc. Can we not assume the best in them and think that all this is not coming from a bad place. Is it possible this is healthy banter?

Maybe you should ask Wesley Fofana.

Their mom is Nigerian;
Their dad, Cameroonian.

The above is transphobic for sure which makes it quite distasteful.

Many Argentinians have their roots in other countries they just happen to be mostly white countries so it's fine because their families came from Italy, Spain, Germany etc.