Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

Thanks, too many smug idiots with a revisionist approach to history on here.

Like I said, it happened before he was arrested/questioned.

I don't know if the club were tipped off, neither do you.

Point remains, Antony should be suspended until the Police give an outcome - as per the standard set by the club.

So, I guess being wrong is actually your fetish. Who would have thought!
JustCoco ATTACKED ME in the piece and queit of my own home. He threw plates at me and broke my finger!! I'm calling on all Redcafe forum admins to suspend this lunatic

With Greenwood, Antony and Sancho all having disciplinary actions taken against them by the club. What this really speaks to is whoever is scouting the players or helping these players settle into Manchester seems to not be good at their job.
We need to better understand these lad's character before dumping 10's of millions into their pockets.

Greenwood was an academy player, but you cant tell me the writing wasnt on the wall when he and Phil Foden got in trouble on International duty. It was a sign of things to come.
Sancho was said to have been labeled as a problem child by his old club.
Antony is hooking up with people on snap chat to bang... what you think is gonna happen???
Poor decisions all around

We need people that can judge character better.... period!
Don't be such a wimp. Greenwood and Foden sneaking out to hook up means feck all, it was two stupid teenagers doing stupid teenager things. Antony, a young man, using social media to bang.. the horror! Is pious posting in at the moment?

Point remains, Antony should be suspended until the Police give an outcome - as per the standard set by the club.

Why?
I believe the club are doing the right thing here, I also believe the club did the wrong thing in the Greenwood situation and have learned from it.
Antony should only be suspended if charged by the authorities. If he is suspended before hand it can prejudice his case

JustCoco ATTACKED ME in the piece and queit of my own home. He threw plates at me and broke my finger!! I'm calling on all Redcafe forum admins to suspend this lunatic
This. I’d hate to live in that world. In fact we kind of do with some things. I hear about stories about innocent ‘suspected’ terrorists being prisoned for months.

With Greenwood, Antony and Sancho all having disciplinary actions taken against them by the club. What this really speaks to is whoever is scouting the players or helping these players settle into Manchester seems to not be good at their job.
We need to better understand these lad's character before dumping 10's of millions into their pockets.

Greenwood was an academy player, but you cant tell me the writing wasnt on the wall when he and Phil Foden got in trouble on International duty. It was a sign of things to come.
Sancho was said to have been labeled as a problem child by his old club.
Antony is hooking up with people on snap chat to bang... what you think is gonna happen???
Poor decisions all around

We need people that can judge character better.... period!
I think this is where you can see that your owners are American. US sports teams simply don’t give a shit about players characters and they seem to think this can be transferred to football. Which it obviously can’t.

Don’t really see your point here? Should City have got rid of Foden after this incident, then?

No, but they should have and probably did keep a keen eye on him at City to see if his behavior was becoming trendy.
I should have better elaborated my point as its not just the Antony, Greenwood and Sancho situations...
Its the DiMaria situation. Its the Pogba shit.. Its Harry calling his own shots apparently caring more about a couple million rather than consistent first team football.

There is something to be said about the lack of research and due diligence when it comes to judging character for the players we bring into this team. I don't think United do a good job with that at all. I don't think the players are protected enough or they are left to their own devices with little concern about off the pitch behavior. I understand players are going to do dumb shit, but this should be one off's and not 2-4 times a season.

ETH alone has had to fix sooo much shit that he inherited from horrible business deals.
Since this is an Antony thread, to bring the focus back to him... of all the situations listed above, his is possibly the least of the issues we have had in the sense that he very well may be innocent. He also plays with passion and you can tell he wants to wear the shirt. I like him and honestly hope this clears up so he can show everybody what he is truly capable of, but I do think he needs to make better decisions off the pitch, or hang with people that will guide him better, otherwise this could happen again.

I don't like how the club is handling the Antony situation. An organization should trust and support their employees and members unless convicted or there is clear evidence of criminal behavior. If an organization does not show loyalty to their employees, then they can't expect the employees to have real loyalty.

This could be a real problem going forward.

I don't like how the club is handling the Antony situation. An organization should trust and support their employees and members unless convicted or there is clear evidence of criminal behavior. If an organization does not show loyalty to their employees, then they can't expect the employees to have real loyalty.

Nah, not a chance. United is a social media behemoth and they try to distance themselves. If Anthony is proven tomorrow to be guilty or anything else, the club would have stood by a rapist/aggressor/etc .

The sensible decision is to distance themselves. If he is not guilty he comes back and nothing happened.

Nah, not a chance. United is a social media behemoth and they try to distance themselves. If Anthony is proven tomorrow to be guilty or anything else, the club would have stood by a rapist/aggressor/etc .

The sensible decision is to distance themselves. If he is not guilty he comes back and nothing happened.

Loyalty is a two-way street. If he is not guilty, he will come back but he will realize that United didn't believe him and didn't support him. Do you think he'll return to the club with the same passion? Not a chance.

What does “stood by” mean? He’s our employee and I don’t see the issue with him providing us his services till there’s anything concrete wrt his alleged guilt. At the same time if it’s in the club and his interest for him to be given time to deal with this then that’s also fair.

What I am hoping for is that he will be cleared and will be able to play football without this hanging over his head and potentially having an effect on his performances. He may come back with a 1000 pounds lifted off his shoulders because its over.

Green wood was suspended because the hard evidence was in public domain. These cases are not even close.

Why are none of you believing they actually made a mutual agreement? The whole situation clearly affects Antony. Maybe it wouldn’t be that fun with a twisted mind, the media all over you and to give it all in matches for your teammates and club.
They are goddam humans - look at Richarlison (completely different I know).
I actually believe it means the club is behind him and supports him. Giving him time to hopefully clear himself and get back with energy again. The media could run him down for every tackle he makes, because a tackle in football = violence in private.

There's a lot more to it than that, do you not think that the employee might actually appreciate the time off when they have something like this going on in their life, especially the public nature of it.

Being loyal doesn't mean throwing the player into the firing line to be subjected to abuse by opposition fans. Partey's case was different as he was already a bit older than Antony when the allegations came to light and Arsenal players simply don't get as much media attention as United players so the spotlight isn't firmly on them at all times.

Are you comparing a video and audio showing disgusting probably illegal behaviour to Antony who has been accused seemingly with very little evidence ?.

It’s not a “standard” response you react to the evidence /individual situation…

Loyalty is a two-way street. If he is not guilty, he will come back but he will realize that United didn't believe him and didn't support him. Do you think he'll return to the club with the same passion? Not a chance.
On the assumption that we forced the assumption upon him, which isn't necessarily the case. From what we've heard, both the club and Antony agreed it was the right thing to do

On the assumption that we forced the assumption upon him, which isn't necessarily the case. From what we've heard, both the club and Antony agreed it was the right thing to do

If you are having personal problems or problems with the law, would you rather be at your home near your friends and place of work, or thousands of miles away? I think it's a good assumption that the club pressured Antony stay in Brazil. And I think Antony is going to regret that that decision was forced on him and as the cases get dragged out.

If you are having personal problems or problems with the law, would you rather be at your home near your friends and place of work, or thousands of miles away? I think it's a good assumption that the club pressured Antony stay in Brazil. And I think Antony is going to regret that that decision was forced on him and as the cases get dragged out.
You mean thousands of miles away in his actual homeland?

He's not in some strange wilderness, he's probably around friend's and family as the only reason the few who came to Manchester were there in the first place was him.

You mean thousands of miles away in his actual homeland?

He's not in some strange wilderness, he's probably around friend's and family as the only reason the few who came to Manchester were there in the first place was him.

He's lived in Europe for 4 or 5 years now and Manchester for a 1 1/2 years.

He's lived in Europe for 4 or 5 years now and Manchester for a 1 1/2 years.

He isn’t being forced to stay in Brazil though, so he could happily return to Manchester if that’s better for him. He’s just been given some time to sort things out - perfectly normal for a club when a player is facing a significant personal issue.

No, but they should have and probably did keep a keen eye on him at City to see if his behavior was becoming trendy.
I should have better elaborated my point as its not just the Antony, Greenwood and Sancho situations...
Its the DiMaria situation. Its the Pogba shit.. Its Harry calling his own shots apparently caring more about a couple million rather than consistent first team football.

There is something to be said about the lack of research and due diligence when it comes to judging character for the players we bring into this team. I don't think United do a good job with that at all. I don't think the players are protected enough or they are left to their own devices with little concern about off the pitch behavior. I understand players are going to do dumb shit, but this should be one off's and not 2-4 times a season.

ETH alone has had to fix sooo much shit that he inherited from horrible business deals.
Since this is an Antony thread, to bring the focus back to him... of all the situations listed above, his is possibly the least of the issues we have had in the sense that he very well may be innocent. He also plays with passion and you can tell he wants to wear the shirt. I like him and honestly hope this clears up so he can show everybody what he is truly capable of, but I do think he needs to make better decisions off the pitch, or hang with people that will guide him better, otherwise this could happen again.
Its the high wages they sign on at as well. Maguire was reportedly on 60k a week at Leicester. We could have offered him double to come here not treble and he would probably be a WHU player now. Antony from 20k to 200k shows the 'new regime' still havent fully learned from the old one. Pogba moaned we didnt respect him and offer him enough to stay at the end, yet signed on at Juventus for half the salary he was on.
We must change this unless we are signing a superstar already on 250-300k a week, although ready made superstars dont suit Utd as we have had our fingers burnt so many times .

He isn’t being forced to stay in Brazil though, so he could happily return to Manchester if that’s better for him. He’s just been given some time to sort things out - perfectly normal for a club when a player is facing a significant personal issue.
This is just your assumption, right? I haven't read or heard anywhere that he's allowed to come back whenever he wants.

This is just your assumption, right? I haven't read or heard anywhere that he's allowed to come back whenever he wants.

Of course he can return to Manchester - he isn’t the subject of any international travel ban or prevented from leaving Brazil.

Edit - if you mean return to the United team, I’d imagine that there would be discussions about that. However, I doubt the club would have an issue if he wanted to return to training/attend the club - he isn’t suspended.

Of course he can return to Manchester - he isn’t the subject of any international travel ban or prevented from leaving Brazil.

Edit - if you mean return to the United team, I’d imagine that there would be discussions about that. However, I doubt the club would have an issue if he wanted to return to training/attend the club - he isn’t suspended.
I see what you mean, but the whole point of this leave was to not cause a distraction for the team. Him coming back to Manchester would probably do exactly that.

Its the high wages they sign on at as well. Maguire was reportedly on 60k a week at Leicester. We could have offered him double to come here not treble and he would probably be a WHU player now. Antony from 20k to 200k shows the 'new regime' still havent fully learned from the old one. Pogba moaned we didnt respect him and offer him enough to stay at the end, yet signed on at Juventus for half the salary he was on.
We must change this unless we are signing a superstar already on 250-300k a week, although ready made superstars dont suit Utd as we have had our fingers burnt so many times .

I don’t even understand how these negotiations go. Maguire was on about £75k at Leicester I think. Lindelof and Jones were our main CB when we signed him and they were both on £75k.

How did anyone come up with £190k from that? I can see increasing it to £100k or maybe £120k but more than double?? Not only that but we then more than doubled Lindelof’s wage about a month after signing Maguire, presumably as Lindelof said he wanted a similar wage. What on earth did Lindelof do in his first few years at United to deserve that wage?

As you say, Antony and Sancho are similarly incredibly bizarre why we agreed to pay them so much. Sancho especially being on £350k makes no sense at all.

I see what you mean, but the whole point of this leave was to not cause a distraction for the team. Him coming back to Manchester would probably do exactly that.
Was it? I thought it was because he wouldn't be in the right head space to be able to focus on football right now.

I've read some stupid stuff on here but there's nothing stupider than equating two different things.

Greenwood had an incredibly bad recording come out against him, charged or not. If indeed some of the dumb excuses were true, he would have come out and got ahead of it. Instead, he got charged and we rightfully froze him out.

With Antony, there was no public evidence directly linking him to the victim(s). Then further evidence comes out from Antony himself to cast further doubt.

Honestly, some of these conversations just prove why most people should stick to football discussions and stay out of those on the law.

I've read some stupid stuff on here but there's nothing stupider than equating two different things.

Greenwood had an incredibly bad recording come out against him, charged or not. If indeed some of the dumb excuses were true, he would have come out and got ahead of it. Instead, he got charged and we rightfully froze him out.

With Antony, there was no public evidence directly linking him to the victim(s). Then further evidence comes out from Antony himself to cast further doubt.

Honestly, some of these conversations just prove why most people should stick to football discussions and stay out of those on the law.
You're clearly missing the point, alongside all the other clowns losing their minds at my comment.

Recording or not, the club acted before the police said they were investigating.

That's my point.

A good comparison - Mendy was suspended by City due to allegations, before the police ever got involved. Looking at that thread, people said the club were correct, even after Mendy was deemed innocent (club have to take precautions etc) - oh that's not the same though, because that's a City player, right?

You're clearly missing the point, alongside all the other clowns losing their minds at my comment.

Recording or not, the club acted before the police said they were investigating.

That's my point.
Nope, you're the one missing the point.

The situations and evidence are not the same. But please continue to call others who can see the nuance clowns, that'll go well for you.

Nope, you're the one missing the point.

The situations and evidence are not the same. But please continue to call others who can see the nuance clowns, that'll go well for you.
Ignore the precise like-for-like Mendy example. Sure thing bubba.

No wonder this place gets clowned on by other fan forums. Biggest sperg show on the planet.

Ignore the precise like-for-like Mendy example. Sure thing bubba.

No wonder this place gets clowned on by other fan forums. Biggest sperg show on the planet.
Mendy played for United, did he? You really believe your own hype

And people believe Arnold's extensive detective work on Mason...

- Arnold: Mason, did you do anything bad?
- M: No, I am a good boy.
- A: Do you have any proof?
- M: Cross my heart!
- A: Great!

Announcement: New evidence makes us believe he is innocent.