Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

Because you seemed to leap in to defend that poor defenceless poster from my mean 'ad hominem' remarks. So it rather seemed like you were defending them.
Never mentioned them or their posts. My only opinion it was unnecessary to use "incel". That's it.

Never mentioned them or their posts. My only opinion it was unnecessary to use "incel". That's it.
Ok, well, glad you rode in on your shining steed to right that particular wrong. Don't forget to aim at the windmills on your way back out.

This sort of childish, point scoring trolling around a subject as serious as this bothers me. There's also a dozen or so more in locked threads that can't be quoted. But sure, my post was the one that bothers you.

He's the only poster I have on ignore and the reason he's there is because of his views on women. So it's no surprise if he's joking around a subject like this.

He's the only poster I have on ignore and the reason he's there is because of his views on women. So it's no surprise if he's joking around a subject like this.

Not that you'll see this, but I'm astounded anyone can deduce my "views on women" with any level of accuracy on here. Such an arrogant take.

Nah. You're arrested first, charged second.

But was he only charged 10months later, and bailed in between that and being charged?

Was he released without charge or is the bail a holding zone?

Such a minefield but will no doubt shape how we deal with Antony albeit a totally different scenario.

It's the woke era people care more about being/looking morally right than being fair.
Nothing to do with woke era people, what a ridiculous post. The British, Americans and Spanish have a pretty long history of wanting to look morally superior without being fair in the slightest. The word woke has just been weaponised to defend somebody's own interests when they don't actually care about fairness in the slightest.

I'm not saying Antony should be thrown in jail without any evidence, but there's no need for so many to play detective and try to defend him, just because he's our player. Just let the police do their jobs and let justice take its course.

Taking him out of the firing line is absolutely the right thing for the club to do, he's already been pretty average this season and he'll be getting all sorts of abuse from the stands regardless of whether or not he is actually guilty. The club has a duty of care to these young men, regardless of how much money they're paying them.

Didn't the guy come out and say he was going to seek help for mental health reasons? Not really something to make fun of tbf.
I wasn't making fun of it. I honestly meant it when I said there seems to be a lot of pressure on these guys. Maybe even more than their European counterparts.

But was he only charged 10months later, and bailed in between that and being charged?

Such a minefield but will no doubt shape how we deal with Antony albeit a totally different scenario.

He was released on bail. I don't know the conditions, aside from the one he broke about contact with the victim.

United suspended him before he was charged.

It won't. The difference between someone not being arrested and someone being arrested and awaiting an outcome about whether they'll be charged, is significant.

Antony hasn't even been arrested. His status is the exact same as you or I.

The club made their bed with Greenwood.

They can't set a precedent then pick and choose when to impliment it.

Antony should be suspended until there's an outcome from Police.

The worst take.

Except for the people saying neither of them should be suspended.

I wasn't making fun of it. I honestly meant it when I said there seems to be a lot of pressure on these guys. Maybe even more than their European counterparts.
They should talk to Maguire. He's achieved nothing and thinks he's nothing to prove.

Greenwood was suspended before the police even got involved.

No he wasn't

"Greenwood, now 21, was first arrested in January 2022 on suspicion of attempted rape and assault after images and an audio file were circulated online.

United later released a statement to confirm that Greenwood would be suspended from training and matches"

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...-final-stages-making-mason-greenwood-decision

Also the difference between being arrested for attempted rape and accused of assault are very different

I'm not saying Antony should be thrown in jail without any evidence, but there's no need for so many to play detective and try to defend him, just because he's our player. Just let the police do their jobs and let justice take its course.

Like there was no need for so many to play detective (or even skip that part) and find him guilty at the start. A slightly double standard post is it not, unless you include both perspectives.

Greenwood was suspended because of the audio and pictures. There was no way they were going to play him with that stuff out there

She (the student/the third accuser) claims that she was attacked by a woman and by Antony himself. The details there are pretty vague, but she definitely accuses Antony of something (not just the other woman).

Meanwhile, the Brazilian newspaper Extra has reported that De Freitas filed a complaint to police on 20 May 2022 claiming she had been physically assaulted by Antony and a woman.

According to Extra, which posts what it claims are copies of the police report, De Freitas claims she left a São Paulo nightclub with the pair in Antony’s car. A row then followed and De Freitas claims she was attacked first by the woman and then Antony, who was driving the car. De Freitas then reportedly escaped the vehicle at a traffic light.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-accused-of-assault-by-two-more-women-reports

Meanwhile, the Brazilian newspaper Extra has reported that De Freitas filed a complaint to police on 20 May 2022 claiming she had been physically assaulted by Antony and a woman.

According to Extra, which posts what it claims are copies of the police report, De Freitas claims she left a São Paulo nightclub with the pair in Antony’s car. A row then followed and De Freitas claims she was attacked first by the woman and then Antony, who was driving the car. De Freitas then reportedly escaped the vehicle at a traffic light.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-accused-of-assault-by-two-more-women-reports

This too seems bogus to me. 2/3 down, 1 to go.

This sort of childish, point scoring trolling around a subject as serious as this bothers me. There's also a dozen or so more in locked threads that can't be quoted. But sure, my post was the one that bothers you.
I usually ignore his drivel. I advise you to do the same.

How long until we start interviewing players partners and asking them if they've ever been abused or sexually assaulted by their partner as part of our signing requirements?

It's the woke era people care more about being/looking morally right than being fair.
I've always found this to be such a sad example of someone losing his job.
NBC 7 spoke to the man who originally posted the picture on Twitter. He has since deleted his account and said he may have gotten "spun up" about the interaction and misinterpreted it. He says he never intended for Cafferty to lose his job.
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...esture-says-he-was-cracking-knuckles/2347414/

I usually ignore his drivel. I advise you to do the same.

He used to be such a good poster, no idea what happened there. Haven't exactly been posting regularly over the past few years, so the abrupt change is quite jarring.

Hopefully everything is all right with him. Feel free to drop me a PM if you need to chat or something @adexkola

With Greenwood, Antony and Sancho all having disciplinary actions taken against them by the club. What this really speaks to is whoever is scouting the players or helping these players settle into Manchester seems to not be good at their job.
We need to better understand these lad's character before dumping 10's of millions into their pockets.

Greenwood was an academy player, but you cant tell me the writing wasnt on the wall when he and Phil Foden got in trouble on International duty. It was a sign of things to come.
Sancho was said to have been labeled as a problem child by his old club.
Antony is hooking up with people on snap chat to bang... what you think is gonna happen???
Poor decisions all around

We need people that can judge character better.... period!

With Greenwood, Antony and Sancho all having disciplinary actions taken against them by the club. What this really speaks to is whoever is scouting the players or helping these players settle into Manchester seems to not be good at their job.
We need to better understand these lad's character before dumping 10's of millions into their pockets.

Greenwood was an academy player, but you cant tell me the writing wasnt on the wall when he and Phil Foden got in trouble on International duty. It was a sign of things to come.
Antony is hooking up with people on snap chat to bang... what you think is gonna happen???

While i agree that players character should be a big part of who we bring to the club, hooking up with someone on snapchat for a good time is normal i would think.
And Foden managed to not be a asshole after the situation with Greenwood. Just shows how hard (if not impossible in some cases) it is to see these things coming.

Don’t really see your point here? Should City have got rid of Foden after this incident, then?

I think that's three very different situations (though Greenwood and Antony have issues stemming from the same sort of quadrant).
I know a lot of people are thinking it's just semantics but Antony is not under disciplinary action (yet ?) as well.
But walking from one to another in such a short amount of time is a little tiring.

He isn’t wrong. Greenwood was suspended before he was arrested.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news...ter-manchester-united-suspend-mason-greenwood
Thanks, too many smug idiots with a revisionist approach to history on here.

So the same day, because they'd been informed that he'd be arrested.
Like I said, it happened before he was arrested/questioned.

I don't know if the club were tipped off, neither do you.

Point remains, Antony should be suspended until the Police give an outcome - as per the standard set by the club.

So, I guess being wrong is actually your fetish. Who would have thought!

Last edited: