Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

So is that two out of three that now Seem a bit dodgy?

The voice conversation that was leaked. I think was between his ex gf and the supposed banker.. so if that’s correct of the three: 2 are very dodgy and one has been formally withdrawn.

The voice conversation that was leaked. I think was between his ex gf and the supposed banker.. so if that’s correct of the three: 2 are very dodgy and one has been formally withdrawn.

No, it was between the banker and his agent. Nothing has been released that has, so far, discredited the main complainant.

I'd expect Antony to be back for the game after Burnley at this rate.

While acknowledging that we don't have the full picture, it looks like these 3 girls should be the ones getting crucified in the media and be on the receiving end of criminal charges.

Wonder when we'll see him back in the team.

Antony gets a lot of hate but we really need him back asap. Our options aren't good and just his energy in the press and off the ball makes us a better team.

Regarding Antony?

Sorry for the delay. No about the running of the club in general. So someone may leaked to Ducker about the recruitment of Anthony and United's decision making in that.

There are executives that trying to outline the absentee owners.

He still gets sacked though right.
clothing

While acknowledging that we don't have the full picture, it looks like these 3 girls should be the ones getting crucified in the media and be on the receiving end of criminal charges.

Wonder when we'll see him back in the team.

The original complainant, whose case is under investigation by the authorities, is still credible as far as I'm aware.

The original complainant, whose case is under investigation by the authorities, is still credible as far as I'm aware.
It's his word versus hers at this point, which is a far cry from the "multiple accusations = surely guilty" conclusion many here had reached last week.

It's his word versus hers at this point, which is a far cry from the "multiple accusations = surely guilty" conclusion many here had reached last week.

I'm just letting people know there is still an ongoing case which will likely take a long time to get to court. The alleged victim in that case has not been discredited.

Sorry for the delay. No about the running of the club in general. So someone may leaked to Ducker about the recruitment of Anthony and United's decision making in that.

There are executives that trying to outline the absentee owners.
Alright, thanks. Lets see if more comes i guss

I'm not suggesting he's the answer to our prayers but surely he'll be back soon? He can't be out indefinitely.

I'm not suggesting he's the answer to our prayers but surely he'll be back soon? He can't be out indefinitely.
Now that we're down to one 'he said, she said' accusation, he should be brought back unless arrested and charged.

He'll be out for as long as the media demands that we keep him out for. I mean, he hasn't been arrested or charged with anything so the only reason we're keeping him away is to appease the media.

Now that we're down to one 'he said, she said' accusation, he should be brought back unless arrested and charged.
Personally am disappointed he was dropped, I get why the club thought he might want to be out of the limelight but we should just have a rule where if you are arrested you are immediately suspended.

He'll be out for as long as the media demands that we keep him out for. I mean, he hasn't been arrested or charged with anything so the only reason we're keeping him away is to appease the media.

The media have demanded?

The media have demanded?
I'm assuming that he's been sent away due to media (and I include social media in that) pressure on the club. By "media demanding" I mean when the club can play him without his presence resulting in multiple stories forcing the club to comment on the accusations.

He hasn't been charged with anything and he hasn't been arrested, and going by the statement the club put out they've sent him away as to not be a distraction for the club. Who's causing the distraction if not the media attention on the accusations?

I'm assuming that he's been sent away due to media (and I include social media in that) pressure on the club.

He hasn't been charged with anything and he hasn't been arrested, and going by the statement the club put out they've sent him away as to not be a distraction for the club. Who's causing the distraction if not the media attention on the accusations?

The media are reporting the issue. Not causing it.

The media are reporting the issue. Not causing it.
Many players have been accused of things without media reports becoming such a distraction that the player needs to be sent to the other side of the world.

Many players have been accused of things without media reports becoming such a distraction that the player needs to be sent to the other side of the world.

Which is all down to the club handling the Greenwood situations badly. Even assuming the Anthony issue would have been handled differently otherwise. Which is far from certain.

It should only be a temporary break, I always saw it more of an extended international break while he was back in Brazil so he could comply with the investigation

He should be back in training soon~ish as it’s not like he was banished from Carrington.

Which is all down to the club handling the Greenwood situations badly. Even assuming the Anthony issue would have been handled differently otherwise. Which is far from certain.
And the club should've stood firm on this one, given that Antony, unlike Greenwood, hasn't been charged with a crime or arrested. There are other players arrested for more serious crimes who aren't being sent on "mutually agreed leave" by their club. Media could report on international reports, just like they've done in the Antony case when his accuser made an interview in Brazil, but they haven't done so. So I stand by my original comment that the club is forced to sideline Antony by the media, and he will only be allowed back once media allows him back.

It inevitably leads to the question of whether the club can bring him back at any point before the police investigation has concluded? Imagine there's a lazy police officer back in Brazil who doesn't like the cut of Antony's jib (wouldn't blame him...) who takes three years investigating the case before deciding to not press charges. Are the club supposed to pay his wages for that duration without him kicking a ball for the club?

The club must know more than we do.. I'm guessing as long as the police are investigating, he sits out.. if he isnt charged, he gets back in the squad..

No one is sent to prison, in the legal system.

But, look at Anthony. He is guilty in the 'media' court. And his career has stalled... and no respite in sight.

That is my concern with how media trials are held these days
:lol: Come on, hyperbole. He’s missed one match and has been given time off.

And the club should've stood firm on this one, given that Antony, unlike Greenwood, hasn't been charged with a crime or arrested. There are other players arrested for more serious crimes who aren't being sent on "mutually agreed leave" by their club. Media could report on international reports, just like they've done in the Antony case when his accuser made an interview in Brazil, but they haven't done so. So I stand by my original comment that the club is forced to sideline Antony by the media, and he will only be allowed back once media allows him back.

It inevitably leads to the question of whether the club can bring him back at any point before the police investigation has concluded? Imagine there's a lazy police officer back in Brazil who doesn't like the cut of Antony's jib (wouldn't blame him...) who takes three years investigating the case before deciding to not press charges. Are the club supposed to pay his wages for that duration without him kicking a ball for the club?
That's not how anything works, do you think a police officer can just investigate whatever they want for as long as they want? You think police officers are the ones running things and making the decisions?

Why do you say that? He’s missed ONE match
For me the main thing I found fishy was the presence of the PFA representative at the club's offices the night before the announcement on mutual leave was made. It signaled to me that the club intended to suspend him but couldn't officially call it that since he hadn't formally been charged or arrested.