Antony dos Santos (Out)

It’s Saudi interest we need in these players, not Turkish penniless clubs.

It’s Saudi interest we need in these players, not Turkish penniless clubs.
This... Fenerbahce is the only team with money(I know Gala just signed Osimhen, but I don't think they're going to pay alot of his wages and probably didnt pay too much in loan fee) and even they probably couldn't afford a bid higher than 30m maybe.

At this point with Antony, surely we just see how he does under a new manager. No one is paying his book value, and a loan now doesn't make sense even if just from a numbers POV. Maybe we can have more luck next summer, well we can hope.

This... Fenerbahce is the only team with money(I know Gala just signed Osimhen, but I don't think they're going to pay alot of his wages and probably didnt pay too much in loan fee) and even they probably couldn't afford a bid higher than 30m maybe.
I would not expect a team to double their transfer record to bring Antony.

He'd be worse on the left because he is played as an inverted winger so he can cut in and shoot. You take that away he's got feck all.
There's always someone looking for some kind of excuse for bellow average players in our team. Not sure how someone can argue it's the positions he is being played, he has shown so little.

It's the hope that kills.

We all hoped ETH would be the answer, the majority wanted him here. Even after two seasons of largely mediocre performances, we hoped he could turn things around. Look at how many people predicted we would finish first in that pre-season thread!

It's the same with Antony. We hope that he suddenly becomes the goalscoring wide-player that this team needs. We hope that he somehow gets a brace in a Europa League game, keeps his place and starts banging them in against Premier League sides.

He won't, because he's shit, but we hope he does. Anyway, there's no way he should be leaving as we're light enough with plenty of opportunities for game time. And maybe, just maybe, the redemption arc will commence.

I would not expect a team to double their transfer record to bring Antony.
My post was more that despite being the richest team in Turkiye, they wouldn't/couldn't bid more than 30m.

But yeah also agree with what you said.

He's nowhere near good enough, but we can't afford to lose him. We'd be left with only 3 wing options. Having him in the squad for depth is necessary now.

At this point with Antony, surely we just see how he does under a new manager. No one is paying his book value, and a loan now doesn't make sense even if just from a numbers POV. Maybe we can have more luck next summer, well we can hope.
If the manager who got the best out of him can't, then it seems unlikely anyone else will.

Although we're hardly an attackers dream of a set up as a counter argument.
Not getting near the pitch over 2 rookies and a well off the boil Rashford is strikingly worrying though

He's nowhere near good enough, but we can't afford to lose him. We'd be left with only 3 wing options. Having him in the squad for depth is necessary now.
Agreed. Same as I've seen stories circulated about Casimiro going out on loan. No chance can that happen either, we would not have the depth these players give us.

Sorry but our squad from midfield upwards is just far too thin. First Casemiro and now Antony rumoured to be going.

It's not as if the youth players making the bench have much senior football experience either. Maybe if we had Pellistri or Hannibal still but we are very low on numbers at the top of the pitch.

At this rate we might as well name Tommy Rowe in the Europa League squad.

If we are down to antony on the wing, we already lost. Barring maybe 3 moments in an entire season, he may as well not be on the pitch.

Both bruno and mount can play on the wing and offer more. Get rid while we can

How can fenerbache loan him? Is there window still open?

If we’re sticking with this 4-2-2-2 formation then he won’t be needed. We’ll have Mount, Bruno, Amad, Garnacho, Rashford, Hojlund and Zirkzee. 7 players to occupy 4 spaces.

If they cover all his wages and he gets a decent shop window, maybe it's sensible. His work rate is top notch and he is one of the few players we have who can actually hold onto the ball in tight spaces. But his final third contributions are terrible. Three wide players is not enough though, but if it means Bruno is shunted out to the right at times (which is not ideal) it will mean less chaos in the middle I suppose.

How far away from being ready for a taste of first team action is Shea Lacey?

I'm not his biggest fan but we're also one or two injuries away from sticking an academy player out on the wing.

I think that ships sailed unfortunately.
We always missed out on this thing. Remember that Chinese Super League? We sold Fellaini to them for after missed out on all those big transfer fees. Same with Saudi too. Managed to get only 4 million for Telles. Those clubs just dont have interest in our players. Coward lots of them :lol:

At this stage I don’t want to let him go. We really need all hands on deck this season and the one thing I have never doubted is his willingness to work hard. There will be times we need him this season. Look at last year in the Liverpool game. Sending him away does not benefit us other than putting him in the shop window but not sure Turkey is the place to go for that.

Because he is being played on the wrong side for that and there is rarely anyone in the box for him to cross to anyway
Dalot won a header from a long ball in the 2nd half on Sunday .He did well to win it and knock it on. The problem is our left back was the furthest forward .

Much as we would like Antony gone, this has no chance of happening because we would have insufficient wingers to get to January and we don't even have a right winger in the academy to give chances. That was Amad and he has become a starter, this season. There is nobody else in the academy to break through any time soon

I'm a little surprised Saudi hasn't come in for him, I think his dribbling world be really exciting for their league.

Who? Give a name. There is nobody

I'm literally saying ANYBODY!!!!

Antony is done, he's rubbish, should be pushed out of the club (because of his reluctance to go and "prove himself") and this includes never giving him game time

How could we loan Antony when we would only have 3 players for 2 positions. The lack of depth up in our front 4 positions is already laughable. If we had a top young winger coming through it would be one thing but we don't even have that.

Is Bakyoko hard to get from PSV?

Antony was decent in the Eridivisie so maybe we could target another RW from that league & give them Antony.

How could we loan Antony when we would only have 3 players for 2 positions. The lack of depth up in our front 4 positions is already laughable. If we had a top young winger coming through it would be one thing but we don't even have that.
Its the reason I say I'd rather have Antony stay because we need backup in that position. Hurts to know he's a very expensive backup but a backup nonetheless otherwise we have no one.