Antony dos Santos (Out)

Unless he's being petulant about not playing and causing a fuss I think he'll stay here. Long season ahead, injuries, Europa League campaign, he'll get games.

Our attack is so god awful at the moment that there's an opportunity for which ever winger takes it and starts performing.

Just 3 options for both wide positions is risky. Should stay.

Unless he's being petulant about not playing and causing a fuss I think he'll stay here. Long season ahead, injuries, Europa League campaign, he'll get games.

Our attack is so god awful at the moment that there's an opportunity for which ever winger takes it and starts performing.

That won't be Antony then

Everyone asking how would we replace him? What exactly does he offer? Dalot can easily play there if needs be. Our squad is bigger than Arsenal's, City's, Barca's and Real's. Numbers isn't our issue, holding on to awful players is our problem.

Obviously he's not very good, but I think it'd be wise to keep for the season, or until January, when we can bring in another winger.

Bruno and Mount can also play wide.
Weird to say this but on the whole, I think Antony works better than Bruno or Mount in that position (Bruno has had sporadic good games there but he mostly struggles) and besides you're removing Bruno/Mount from their best position.

Why does Antony not even get some good crosses in with that damn left foot? Ffs that's like a minimum requirement for a winger.

We’re lumbered with this waster for the remainder of his contract. Another terrible bit of business from the previous regime that will haunt us for years to come.

You just know he’d go there and get a hattrick on his debut

Is that SamC even reliable? It’s United Stand so I’m predisposed to think not really.

Why does Antony not even get some good crosses in with that damn left foot? Ffs that's like a minimum requirement for a winger.
He's comfortabley the worst most ineffective wide player in the league.
He just doesn't even do the bare minimum you'd expect from a offensive player.

If he and Casemiro goes, it is going to be a bizarre season.

This squad has nothing in reserve. One or two injuries and we are going straight into the youth/reserves.

With Sancho gone, we don't have a lot of wingers. I genuinely don't think Antony can go any lower in value or performance than what we've seen. I want to hope that he regains a semblance of form so he can at least start being considered as a footballer. There is a lot of rage against him, probably rightly so. But let him try and get a few mins this season and maybe he can become (slightly) useful. Getting rid of players for pennies, when our attacking line up is quite mediocre, isn't too wise.

Still cant believe ten hag got it completely wrong with this player whom hed managed for 2 years. I cant imagine the club pushing hard for him if they were not convinced by ten hags words.

Because he is being played on the wrong side for that and there is rarely anyone in the box for him to cross to anyway

Whilst hes certainly no world beater i hope with a decent pre-season under his belt he might be a good bit better for us.

HIs first season was ok and the distractions early last season obviously didnt help him when he missed a lot of preseason.