Antony dos Santos (Out)

Crap last season but his first season was, well, not good exactly, but at least one where he sometimes contributed and generally worked pretty hard. I'd sell him in an instant, but I don't see the point in loaning him out when we have no replacement.

Crap last season but his first season was, well, not good exactly, but at least one where he sometimes contributed and generally worked pretty hard. I'd sell him in an instant, but I don't see the point in loaning him out when we have no replacement.

I'd sell him if we had time to get a replacement but compared to Sancho and often Rashford he at least looks like he has a pulse when he's playing.

I’m all for getting rid of players but if we sell Sancho and Antony, we are left with Rashford, Garnacho and Diallo as our only wingers.

I’m all for getting rid of players but if we sell Sancho and Antony, we are left with Rashford, Garnacho and Diallo as our only wingers.
We may crash out of top 4 this season (That has somehow become the norm for our club), but we'd get more funding for next summer.

If not, that money can go to the stadium repair, more services for our customers...etc. We have operated less like a football club and more like a financial firm for more than 10 years anyway.

My thinking as well. If he can repeat 22/23 season (11 G/A) that would be okay. It wouldn't be good but it would be decent in context of current expectations we have of him. He's still only 24 and do expect him to be a success at another league (back to Erdevisie or something similar) but most probably just can't make it in the PL as last 2 seasons suggest.

Tomorrow’s their equivalent of Monday, right? So maybe they’ll be at work and can do the deal. Fingers crossed!

Tomorrow’s their equivalent of Monday, right? So maybe they’ll be at work and can do the deal. Fingers crossed!
If Berrada manages to ship Antony and Case to Saudi, in the next couple days, he should get a stand named after him, but obviously none of that will happen

This Summer window is closes for us, however, I am sure. If for no other reason, because we don't have time to backfill anybody we'd sell and at this point our midfield and wings are not too deep, anymore

Time to forget transfers and start focusing on the season

Making top four this year will be a major challenge and minimum requirement (or 5th and Europa win) for Ten Hag to not get sacked

We need to get back into Champions League. INEOS will demand it, I am certain

We need Antony for cover because Amad is injury prone. Touchwood. He can also be emergency LB.

We need Antony for cover because Amad is injury prone. Touchwood. He can also be emergency LB.
If we just need cover or easy cup game sub then we might as well use Shea Lacey or Ethan Williams.
Antony needs to go asap.

Against Brighton he came on and immediately ran to the byline and drilled a ball with his right foot into a good area. I would hope that this is a new way he wants to go about his game, because the frustration is also that he's evidently a talented player with some of the worst decision making I've seen.

Just a guess. No Mount so figured he might go for Antony given his work rate etc
That does make sense, although I do think Amad has been good in that regard in the past two games. Can't see either of them starting as a ten.

Will start today
If so I hope he does well.

I’ve got no issue with slating Sancho, he’s a lazy prima dona who lives in his own world. I don’t see that at all with Antony, I’d like to see him prove the doubters wrong

Against Brighton he came on and immediately ran to the byline and drilled a ball with his right foot into a good area. I would hope that this is a new way he wants to go about his game, because the frustration is also that he's evidently a talented player with some of the worst decision making I've seen.

That’s the thing with Antony. Anybody saying doesn’t have ‘some’ talent is being obtuse. He needs strict coaching though and frankly all of our wingers (Diallo the least) are clearly given encouragement to shoot constantly.

Either ETH needs to change those instructions or the players need to self discipline themselves.

That does make sense, although I do think Amad has been good in that regard in the past two games. Can't see either of them starting as a ten.

I’ve got no issue with slating Sancho, he’s a lazy prima dona who lives in his own world. I don’t see that at all with Antony, I’d like to see him prove the doubters wrong
Yeah he puts a shift in and is rather tenacious.

Wouldn’t be against him playing today. Hope he can turn things around.

It’s weird with Antony, previously our fans have always been extremely patient with players that put a massive shift in. It’s as though that’s the basic we expect and if you work your arse off we’ll be fair to you.

The likes of Sancho we’ve never forgiven, because if you are gonna be that half arsed, my God you better be good.

That’s the thing with Antony. Anybody saying doesn’t have ‘some’ talent is being obtuse. He needs strict coaching though and frankly all of our wingers (Diallo the least) are clearly given encouragement to shoot constantly.

Either ETH needs to change those instructions or the players need to self discipline themselves.

He has talent on the ball, I don't think that's ever been an issue or EtH's instructions. Its always been that he struggles physically. He doesn't quite have the pace to get away from someone and doesn't have the strength or low centre of gravity to hold a player off. So as a defender you can basically show him down the wing and then take the ball from him because if he goes down the wing its basically a physical 1 on 1 which he loses, at least when he cuts in its on his left and he can release the ball quicker. So I don't think its that EtH is not telling him to beat a player but more that physically he just struggles to. Similar to Sancho who suffers from the same thing.