View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Think a big deal is made about how Antony reacts and how Bruno makes faces or waves his arms. Everyone on some kind of moral high horse all the time. We are way too critical of our players over minor stuff.
It’s because our results and performances are absolutely diabolical at the moment. Bruno was always petulant and Antony reaction resulted in Casemiro red card last season, and absolutely nobody cared.

At the moment these things are visible because they are not playing well. Their petulant behaviour combined with their dreadful performance makes it hard to ignore

RedDevil@84

It’s because our results and performances are absolutely diabolical at the moment. Bruno was always petulant and Antony reaction resulted in Casemiro red card last season, and absolutely nobody cared.

At the moment these things are visible because they are not playing well. Their petulant behaviour combined with their dreadful performance makes it hard to ignore
Agree. All the more reason to not add fuel to fire, at least when the entire media seems so hell bent on making a big issue of every little thing at the club.

Bristol_Red_87

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think Diaby has as many goals and assists in the Premier League as Antony.

Diaby has been playing in the Premier League for just over 2 months.
Correct.

Antony
4 goals and 2 assist in 32 appearances

Diaby
3 goals and 3 assists in 10 appearances

No defending those stats in all honesty.

As for yesterday's cameo, he was always likely to turn petulant when Ten Haag turned to Garnacho before him.

Another player who is absolutely delusional in terms of his own abilities.

RuudTom83

Eventually he will score another beaut into the top corner and then cup his ears or make a newspaper reference in his celebration thinking he has proved everyone wrong. :rolleyes:

Ghostrider318

Nothing Player. Massive ego with nothing to back it up with. Cant pass, cant cross, has no right leg and also cant shoot. Will bounce around in a couple EU leagues and back in Brazil before hes 30.

DomM

he's not very good, should we try him on the left where he could in theory actually cross the ball?

Devil81

He's our El HadJ Diouf. A totally deplorable individual that I'm ashamed represents our football club.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Some of you will look back and be embarrassed by your posts in this thread today.

Fine, he's not all he was cracked up to be (we told you then but you convinced yourselves he would come good), but getting mad at a player for showing some emotion when his team was getting battered by their bitter rivals at home?

What was he supposed to do? Take it meekly like the rest of our lot?

We moan here all week about players not caring, not showing passion, not playing for the badge, and you will turn on someone that at least showed some fire today?

His thread shouldn't even be bumped today given how few minutes he had to impact anything.
'Sup Antony?

ForeverRed1

His body language was horrible on Sunday. Had the hump on the bench, shaking his head.. came on the pitch and acted like a petulant child. What hope has ETH got if the players he is signing are losing faith in him?

without being able to use his right foot he really shouldn’t be on the right wing, he slows play down every time he has to cut back to his left to put a cross in or pass the ball. Can’t we just turn back the clock and bring Beckham back :( this player can’t lace his boots :(

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He plays with a constant scowl on his face. This angry persona that is more in tune with WWE. Turn the frown upside down and enjoy your football or feck off.

Betson

Such a disappointing signing , an average player who excels at nothing and looks out of his depth in the premier league. A real black mark against ETH who went out on a limb to get this signing even if it meant vastly over paying. It is has not worked out and and all evidence so far it is not going to work out.

MadMike

His body language was horrible on Sunday. Had the hump on the bench, shaking his head.. came on the pitch and acted like a petulant child. What hope has ETH got if the players he is signing are losing faith in him?
Well if he cannot even recognise the bad character traits in the players he manages, then he indeed has no hope. Leopards don't change their spots. You're either blind to them or aware and accept the risk of dealing with the leopard.

He managed Antony at Ajax. He should have seen the signs of bad temperament and petulance there. He clearly endorsed and sanctioned the move for his former player. He either didn't see the signs or accepted the risk. In either case, it's largely on him.

Last edited:

statpadder

Typical caf turning on a player because they want their next scapegoat.

He has limited assists and goals because we play shit. Hoijland is struggling because we play shit. Ronaldo was awful because we play shit as a team.

Play players who are technically good and who are not scared of the ball and all of these guys will start producing the goods.

We need to keep the ball for large periods instead of chaotic hoof ball (or as Ten Hag calls it direct football) in order to get the best of players like Antony, Hoijland, Martial, Amad and Garnacho.

Football is not all about beating your man and running fast. Grow up guys!

FerociousCorgis

idk i really do understand the positives that he brings. He works hard, he provides that width on the right for sure. People are definitely forgetting the black hole days from before where we literally would have absolutely nobody out on the right. Teams would just pinch in on that side and not have to remotely worry about defending it. Made it so much more difficult for us to attack effectively. So that has been a positive for sure with antony.

But at the same time he just isnt progressing. Constantly still makes stupid decisions. Will beat his man then have absolutely no confidence/decision making to just continue his run and really put defense under pressure. Instead he will just cut back and allow the defender to get back into position. Hate that shit from him. Then there is his shooting. Ive seen him maybe 2 times not do the same. stupid. damn. shot. attempt. Like holy hell i know you have curled it in before but goalies are literally already jumping that way knowing it is coming, which it hardly ever comes off. Both times he went near post something great happened, think once he even scored on it. Goes back to his shit decision making like how can you not know that switching it up will keep goalies off balance. All in all this is his make or break year for me to show me something that says he should be our starting RW game in and game out.

Lee565

Eth needs to get creative with him and try to find a way for him to flourish in a new position, whether it be in the role do maria had in midfield for madrid or using him in the number 10 or on the left, just try something because he is not producing in his current position

AjaxNL

He's our El HadJ Diouf. A totally deplorable individual that I'm ashamed represents our football club.
This was my feeling with Antony as well. Although he was in fact good enough to play for Ajax (contrary to United) I disliked him so much because he is such an unbelievable thundercnut. Such, SUCH an unlikeable individual.

Edit: he was only good enough for Ajax with MAzraoui behind him I should add. Maz would overlap 10 times a match, creating room for Antony. When he was partnered with another rb, he would turn to shit instantly.

Offsideagain

£85m, 4 goals and 2 assists last season. Bad tempered baby, he couldn't he kick Doku last Sunday. EtH compared Antony to Arjen Robben ffs.

saivet

The funny thing about Antony is that his stats and highlights from Ajax were far from impressive, it's really of no surprise he hasn't elevated his performance levels in a much stronger league.

ForeverRed1

Well if he cannot even recognise the bad character traits in the players he manages, then he indeed has no hope. Leopards don't change their spots. You're either blind to them or aware and accept the risk of dealing with the leopard.

He managed Antony at Ajax. He should have seen the signs of bad temperament and petulance there. He clearly endorsed and sanctioned the move for his former player. He either didn't see the signs or accepted the risk. In either case, it's largely on him.
You see real character In players when the chips are down. He smashed it at Ajax in the Dutch league, one of their better players, did he have the test of character that he is having at the moment.. both Personally and on the pitch?

He has never had to deal with this level of expectation/pressure/scrutiny at Ajax, it’s much easier to smile and enjoy football when it’s going your way, is it not?

He is getting picked apart, benched.. and he isn’t liking it. These are the times you see true colours though, the wheat from the chaff. Let’s see if he has the strength of character and desire to let his feet do the talking and force his way into this team when it needs him the most. The Beckham documentary is the prime example of how you do it.

going by that display though, I’d say not.

forevrared

I’ve never hated a United player before Antony came along. He’s a shit player and comes across as a very unlikeable person.

flappyjay

You see real character In players when the chips are down. He smashed it at Ajax in the Dutch league, one of their better players, did he have the test of character that he is having at the moment.. both Personally and on the pitch?
In what way did he smash it in the Netherlands. I saw he was average, Dutch Eredivisie fans said he was average and time is proving that he was average.

Bobade

£85m, 4 goals and 2 assists last season. Bad tempered baby, he couldn't he kick Doku last Sunday. EtH compared Antony to Arjen Robben ffs.
Hahah, did he? He isn't even the same type of player is he? Robben much more pacy and direct, before you get into any discussion about the difference in quality.

Kostov

The funny thing about Antony is that his stats and highlights from Ajax were far from impressive, it's really of no surprise he hasn't elevated his performance levels in a much stronger league.
Yes but ETH wanted him, who are you to question his judgement? :rolleyes:

tomaldinho1

Hahah, did he? He isn't even the same type of player is he? Robben much more pacy and direct, before you get into any discussion about the difference in quality.
Robben wasn’t that ridiculously quick to be fair - he was fast enough but it was all about the quality of the finish. He hit Antony’s shots but with much more speed. Antony’s are a bit loopy/slow in my opinion, they have to be right in the corner.

And was just a generally better player

poleglass red

Robben wasn’t that ridiculously quick to be fair - he was fast enough but it was all about the quality of the finish. He hit Antony’s shots but with much more speed. Antony’s are a bit loopy/slow in my opinion, they have to be right in the corner.

And was just a generally better player
at one point he recorded the fastest ever sprint recorded in a match, I'd say he was pretty quick

tomaldinho1

at one point he recorded the fastest ever sprint recorded in a match, I'd say he was pretty quick
It’s been discussed to death in here how top speed isn’t as important as acceleration hence why if you Google it Rudiger is faster than Mbappe, Mudryk, Salah etc.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It’s been discussed to death in here how top speed isn’t as important as acceleration hence why if you Google it Rudiger is faster than Mbappe, Mudryk, Salah etc.
I wonder who of Overmars and Robben was the faster one overall. My faint memory wants to say Overmars had much greater acceleration but also played a much more traditional winger role than what Robben did.

klayton88

How long before he curls one 10 feet wide and then does that grimace as if to say it was only 2 feet wide? Such a punchable face.

tomaldinho1

I wonder who of Overmars and Robben was the faster one overall. My faint memory wants to say Overmars had much greater acceleration but also played a much more traditional winger role than what Robben did.
A question for the ages. I do remember vaguely him always being compared to Owen who was lightening over the first 10 yards. Reckon Dan James type speed is about similar.