View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a goal, an assist, would have had a second if not for a very good last ditch block, created a couple of other openings with tidy bits of play, worked hard defensively as usual and was trying to do Dalot's job for him during their second goal.

But of course, every third post in the match thread was whingeing about him.

He did his job well tbf. I think (opponent quality aside) this performance is the best we'd get from Antony, he's never really going to beat anyone but if given space he's got a decent end ball. Hopefully Amad is able to get a chance and put in a few good performances.

I feel like he will be more effective playing on the left than on the right while Garnacho should play on the right. His assist today also came from the left flank with his left foot.

He has been a big flop in general, would be even at the half the price he was payed. But when people start saying how he should have never played, and constantly moan in the game where he had a goal and an assist, you are being a clown. If you really can't separate your general feeling of him from a game to game performance and have to constantly moan no matter what, that is a you problem.

Funny seeing him getting praise when he was largely woeful again. Amazing how much stats can paper over poor performances. Then again I’m not surprised people have done that with Rashford for years.

This bollocks that you can't complain if he has a goal and an assist. Jesus christ, did you see his performance? He can't do a wingers job against a div 4 team!!
Means absolutely zero that he scores on an open goal, he makes our team more shit!

He was decent and it was a perfect game for him to get some confidence back after a horrific season so far. Got a goal and an assist (:eek:) and i'd give him MOTM. Hopefully this gives him something to build on.

He has been a big flop in general, would be even at the half the price he was payed. But when people start saying how he should have never played, and constantly moan in the game where he had a goal and an assist, you are being a clown. If you really can't separate your general feeling of him from a game to game performance and have to constantly moan no matter what, that is a you problem.

This. Half the fecking matchday thread is just people moaning about him, and this in a game where he was our best and most productive attacker. It's tiresome.

He seemed to think the entire game was shooting practise for himself. Good pass for Bruno’s goal and good finish so counts as a big improvement for him.

Got his assist and his goal. Pretty decent performance, but it was only Newport County.

I watched the first 30 minutes, he was dreadful against a 3rd division side.

4th Division and they are struggling also.

He did assist and score but I still pray he is out the door in the summer. Such a bad buy.

4th Division and they are struggling also.

He did assist and score but I still pray he is out the door in the summer. Such a bad buy.
My bad, didn’t check where they play.

We are stuck with him for at least another season, nobody would pay wages for that.

Hopefully he'll relax now and perform with less pressure.
He can be useful and we need him to hit form badly.

He got a goal and an assist and you want to be positive about him, but it’s so hard because I’m sick of him giving the ball away with stupid passes and then blaming his intended target. Hes like some sort of reverse Lukaku.

An assist and a close rebound, when for much of the game he looked at a similar level to the opposition (league 2). He’s up there as our worst ever signing for the money spent. What’s worse is we have a potential top player back from injury having to watch his shit show from the sidelines.

My bad, didn’t check where they play.

We are stuck with him for at least another season, nobody would pay wages for that.

Yeah you are probably right. I doubt a new manager will start him either so he’ll have to hope EtH is still in charge next season.

Got a goal and an assist.

But really against opposition from that level you expect more, more composure, more threat, more variety to his play. But it was just more of the same.

I agree to certain extent, but today is as good as it gets from Antony, which lets me honest was still pretty average, so the frustration people express from the many moments of him messing things up today is understandable, even if it is really comes from what he has done is other games this season, Garnacho was frustrating as well today, but he alot more credit in the bank than Antony does.

Constant criticism just comes with the territory when you have cost £86 million, and have been playing like he has.

(I'll cover that with saying I wasn't one of the moaners today.)

Gave the Newport defence some difficult moments. 90 million

23 appearances ….scored his only goal against League 2 opposition

God forgive for me saying it but Danny Murphy made a good point on commentary. What does he and the coaching staff do in training? Is there any focus at all on improving his right foot or attempting to go on the outside?

God forgive for me saying it but Danny Murphy made a good point on commentary. What does he and the coaching staff do in training? Is there any focus at all on improving his right foot or attempting to go on the outside?
Danny obviously has no clue about modern football. They press all day everyday.

Did well, obviously, given the goal and assist, against lowly opposition. My fear though is now he will be given a run of starts to the detriment of Amad while producing the usual mediocrity.

A goal and assist masks another typical performance. Wayward shots, can't beat a man, poor control.

If anything this performance will just give ETH more reason to play him

Strangely enough I saw Antony go round the outside, beat his man and passed it in to the danger box today, I also saw him score with his right foot

Glad he’s done well for his stats today. We’ll see what he can do with a bit of confidence now.
Scoring against a league 2 team shouldn’t give him confidence. The guys like a 95m signing. He should be scoring weekly in the premier league.

Two goal contributions and in the end for forwards it really is all about goal contributions, but his performance overall was average. But considering the quality of the opposition, his performance was appalling.

This reminds me of old Anderson / Tosic / Bebe threads. Hope never dies, eh.

He would be relegated to the fringes / sold in any other big club a while ago.

Sadly, think it is beoming more and more clear that he is not and wont ever be a united player. Has to be sold for his and ETHs own good now

His first or maybe second good game for us. Surpassed my expectations for this game, which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.