Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

manunited1919

I only have 5 "coins" then i will just say this: i read their papers(spaniards) and blogs for more than 10 years now and i know who they really are, they can't hide anything, i can see their subliminal text.
Its not hard to realize for example, when their pundits and journalists are under the orders of the boards to create histories about specific players to push them out of the clubs(like James Rodriguez).

And its easy to check if they're really confident about some main subject.
They are not 80% sold on Griezmann staying, and this is very strange.

I bet we will see something new about Griezmann a few days after the CL final, after the potential celebrations in Madrid.
I could be wrong, but i think Griezmann will be a United player(in some way), noy exactly like people was expecting right now.
Lets see.
Anything more specific that caught your eye?

POF

Enough. This thread should be locked until there is a substantial new development.
I really don't get the obsession with locking threads on this forum. Even if the transfer is dead what harm is there in people discussing it?

In this case, even the "briefing" said United are still interested but the first priority is a number 9. Even if you do believe that and take it at face value, the door hasn't been completely closed on this deal and there is an interesting discussion to be had over whether United should be willing to go back in after the transfer ban is complete.

Who in their right mind cares about one player?

In the grand scheme of things, Greizmann is, at best a luxury that we could do without.

To speak of him in Neymar, Hazard and Sanchez levels is laughable.
He's not what we need, he's another gamble on a ten.

I'm not a regular poster on here, but a striker is a must for us.
Rashford has the potential in four years to become our number 9.

In the meantime, We need a proper striker, and I personally don't care if it's one of Belloti, Lukaku, Kane, or Charlie Austin.

We need a STRIKER. Not a goal scoring 10
If you assume Zlatan leaves then the club needs both. It is unlikely United will get another striker to score as many as Zlatan this season. The lack of goals from the supporting cast was the biggest issue this season.

If Zlatan stays and can get back to full fitness in 2017 then I would say a goal scoring number 10 is a far higher priority than a striker. Zlatan/Griezmann looked a potentially amazing partnership that would have added a completely new dimension to the attack. Let's hope there's a plan B.

Stacks

Who in their right mind cares about one player?

In the grand scheme of things, Greizmann is, at best a luxury that we could do without.

To speak of him in Neymar, Hazard and Sanchez levels is laughable.
He's not what we need, he's another gamble on a ten.

I'm not a regular poster on here, but a striker is a must for us.
Rashford has the potential in four years to become our number 9.

In the meantime, We need a proper striker, and I personally don't care if it's one of Belloti, Lukaku, Kane, or Charlie Austin.

We need a STRIKER. Not a goal scoring 10
He has done more at a higher level than all but Neymar. He has finished 3rd in Balon D'or, scored bigger goals than Sanchez and Hazard at club level. When Sanchez and Hazard eliminate big teams from the CL, then they can pretend to be in his league. When they score goals to get to the international cup finals in addition to this, they can then pretend to be in his league. Sanchez has done this for Chile to be fair, Hazard hasn't. He is a premier league bully at the moment.

pghcc

Anthony ("that boy is loyal") Greezy is not gonna come chaps.

We need to just accept it.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I have forgotten about this transfer for this year. Maybe we will go for him next summer though.

To me it seems like Griezmann felt he couldn't leave Atletico without them getting a replacement in for him and i respect that. He knows he is vital to the team, without him they would struggle a lot, and who is to say that they can't win La Liga or even the CL next year?
They won't.

You can quote me on that.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
They won't.

You can quote me on that.
Yeah, it's not very likely but this transfer never make sense, it's not like everyone expects Manchester United to win the UCL or League next season. He's at a stronger club right now but the way he has handled himself has surely made upset a lot of people.

CamsUnited

My personal take on this, I believe it was all sorted, we were willing to pay the release clause, personal terms were agreed and have been for a while, then something changed. Could be the transfer ban meant he had a change of heart, personally I don't think it was that.
My view is, someone has become available who we didn't expect to become available and that's why we've cooled our interest. Based on nothing but a hunch, i think that player is Bale.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Gutted Griezmann looks unlikely to sign but it's not the end of the world. We missed out on Ronaldinho and signed Ronaldo and went on to have our greatest few seasons in club history.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is another player, just like Hazard who was blatantly obviously a good player years and years ago, end every major club stood by and ignored him, only to be fawning over him and wanting to blow four times what they could have got him for 5 or 6 years ago.

It baffles me what scouts actually do.

prath92

This is another player, just like Hazard who was blatantly obviously a good player years and years ago, end every major club stood by and ignored him, only to be fawning over him and wanting to blow four times what they could have got him for 5 or 6 years ago.

It baffles me what scouts actually do.
greizmann wanted to stay in spain so he signed for atletico. im sure he had many offers

prath92

My personal take on this, I believe it was all sorted, we were willing to pay the release clause, personal terms were agreed and have been for a while, then something changed. Could be the transfer ban meant he had a change of heart, personally I don't think it was that.
My view is, someone has become available who we didn't expect to become available and that's why we've cooled our interest. Based on nothing but a hunch, i think that player is Bale.
this is all like some thriller movie where the investigator deduces the murderer's motive :p

i love it

prath92

I only have 5 "coins" then i will just say this: i read their papers(spaniards) and blogs for more than 10 years now and i know who they really are, they can't hide anything, i can see their subliminal text.
Its not hard to realize for example, when their pundits and journalists are under the orders of the boards to create histories about specific players to push them out of the clubs(like James Rodriguez).

And its easy to check if they're really confident about some main subject.
They are not 80% sold on Griezmann staying, and this is very strange.

I bet we will see something new about Griezmann a few days after the CL final, after the potential celebrations in Madrid.
I could be wrong, but i think Griezmann will be a United player(in some way), noy exactly like people was expecting right now.
Lets see.
to be fair, thats just the nature of the fans. By all reports, DDG is extremely happy here and wont push for a move and RM isnt going to pay a big fee. Yet posters here still believe he is going to leave

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Am i the only who doesnt give the whole story a very negative spin? imho...Griezman wanted to join us, informed Atletico and us about his will. Then Atletico got the transfer ban up held. Simeone talked to Griezman, played on his loyalty and working relationship between them. Griezman didnt want leave Atletico with a huge problem. Informs United about his U-turn. Atletico rewards him with a higher contract. Imho this transfer can happen as early as January.

prath92

I am sure he allergic to money and winning trophies as well.
not everyone is motivated by money at a young age. Mbappe could make multiple times what he makes if he moves, but he seemingly has decided to stay and improve his game rather than make the wrong move

C'est Moi Cantona

It's really not complicated, Griezmann was always going to stay one more season if the transfer ban was upheld, clearly both parties thought it wouldn't be, but it has so we move on.

Reckon any new contract he signs will purely be for more wages, and not a higher release clause.

As for the last part of someone else becoming available, I'd like to know who, because imo Griezmann falling through will mean we sign one less attacking player this summer, and keep someone we might have sold.

izec

Dead in the water. The only other "twist" will be him signing a new contract with increased wages and a higher buyout clause.

Litch

I'm genuinely baffled that some people are still holding out hope. The guy couldn't be any more clearer without coming out and saying feck United, I'm staying. This isn't a marketing ploy like it was with Adidas and Pogba, this came directly from the source. He said he's Atleti more than ever on the same day rumours were strife that the deal fell through. It's over.
You have me mistaken as I didn't want him anyway. For me these transfers start months ago. There was no rabbit out of the hat about the transfer embargo so why would Utd enter into discussions knowing this or equally AM stating that it's impossible that he can go given the unknown. Event the tweets prior to this were all over the place with him suggesting he's staying, then the opposite. I honestly didn't read anywhere that this transfer was dependant on the outcome of the embargo so why now? Surely it would have been better keeping their powder dry?

Like most of these transfers, there are other mitergating circumstances which 9/10 are about money. Anyone that thinks it's about anything else is sadly mistaken. The idea that Griezmann woke up and thought, I can't now leave the club in the Sh1t because they can't replace me is absolutely laughable......

Litch

It's really not complicated, Griezmann was always going to stay one more season if the transfer ban was upheld, clearly both parties thought it wouldn't be, but it has so we move on.

Reckon any new contract he signs will purely be for more wages, and not a higher release clause.

As for the last part of someone else becoming available, I'd like to know who, because imo Griezmann falling through will mean we sign one less attacking player this summer, and keep someone we might have sold.
Maybe so....but I'm not convinced. 'So much AM'....well that's not 6/10 leaving is it? Normally clubs will get a sense even prior to the judgement what's gonna happen so again I think it's laughable that someone expected anything other than the ban being upheld. They all expected this and does anyone actually believe Utd were going to enter into discussions knowing that this was likely to be the outcome if there wasn't the possibility he'd sign anyway....?

*disclaimer....I didn't want him anyway.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Then his "at the stage of his career to want to win things" is a big horseshit then since how can Madrid guarantee him a success when they can't even sign new players?
No one is going to guarantee him anything and while they can't sign players this window they will able in the near future. We also don't know if he is actually going to stay, like Raoul said, we still could witness some twists.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It might interest some but by law the buy out clause has to be affordable for the player.
No, CR7 has a 999M release clause

Release clause is part of the contract, it has to be agreed by both parties like everything else

Geekie

If anyone has time please kindly enlighten me (I don't watch enough of Athletico's matches): what is Griezmann's biggest strength? At which position is he most comfortable? And what makes him so desirable for United fans?

From what little I've seen of him I'd say his movement and composure are outstanding, but not the type of player who can consistently dribble past defenders. Also goal celebration is quite annoying.

Nero

It must have been love but it's over now,
it was all that I wanted, now I'm living without.

JPRouve

Scout
No, CR7 has a 999M release clause

Release clause is part of the contract, it has to be agreed by both parties like everything else
No, only the buy out clause is part of the contract, a release clause isn't mandatory.

Taxx

I'm not ready to let go before he signs a new contract, and it's official. :(

Cliche Guevara

If anyone has time please kindly enlighten me (I don't watch enough of Athletico's matches): what is Griezmann's biggest strength? At which position is he most comfortable? And what makes him so desirable for United fans?

From what little I've seen of him I'd say his movement and composure are outstanding, but not the type of player who can consistently dribble past defenders. Also goal celebration is quite annoying.
His biggest strength is his loyalty and he's most comfortable playing in Madrid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No, only the buy out clause is part of the contract, a release clause isn't mandatory.
In Spain the release clause is mandatory. It is part of the contract, and it is negotiated by club and player like everything else.

Also, there's no difference between buy-out and release clause afaik

JPRouve

Scout
In Spain the release clause is mandatory. It is part of the contract, and it is negotiated by club and player like everything else.

Also, there's no difference between buy-out and release clause afaik
There is a difference, the buyout clause concerns the contract of the player, it's a clause that allows a player to break his contract without cause. A release clause is a transfer fee agreed between the player and the club, when that fee is matched the player has to be allowed to talk with the other club if he wants to.

The first one is a clausula de rescision and the second one is a clausula de liberacion.

Status
Not open for further replies.