Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zii

Which begs the question, are we not better off without a player who thinks like that?

If A.Madrid had any chance of winning anything significant next year, that chance just got taken away with the ban.
Exactly, feck him. But people on the internet / reddit downvote or shout shit at you if you call him out. People are in love with this fella, a fella thats never kicked a ball for our club. He used us for a contract or better power position and thats it. If he wanted to be here, he would be.

Comments like this on reddit

"I actually respect him more now. Clearly he has wanted to come to United for a long time (Love for Beckham, #7 shirt, his brother being a fan etc.) I'm sure he was very excited about this deal as well as evidenced by his 6/10 remark on that TV show (The 6/10 was the 60% chance that Atleti won't get a transfer ban I assume), but to have the loyalty to stay at Atleti after the transfer ban to help the club is very rare these days. His twitter status said 'now more than ever' and he's standing with his club during tough times."

Like do they actually think that? If we so "Excited to join us" then why didn't he? He still can move, he has a release clause, he just has to give the word.

Cheekiey

Exactly, can't see how most of you guys are calling it a day, it could all be mindgames to get another striker then Griezmann or be a negotiation tactic. I won't believe that this saga is over until the window shuts, even then he could potentially come in January. Think we are going to here Griezmanns name alot more this summer

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why are we still discussing it? He tweeted he is Athletico now more than ever, it's over. Move on.

el3mel

The transfer is actually dead. Some people are just now passing through the "denial" phase. They will accept it after his shiny new contract with Atletico is signed

eggwithsideburns

I still have a little bit of hope, we have seen bigger u turns in football before, Delph and KDB. It probably won't happen but we know he has been keen to come here so there is chance still.

windycityfan

The transfer is actually dead. Some people are just now passing through the "denial" phase. They will accept it after his shiny new contract with Atletico is signed
Not me. Next man up.

Go all in on Bale and Lukaku, two proven PL players and we'll have plenty to compete against anybody with the returning cast.

------------ Lukaku/Zlatan -----------
Martial/Rash --- Mata --- Bale/Mikhi
-------- Pogba -------- Herrera -------
Shaw -- Smalling -- Bailly -- Valencia
---------------- De Gea ---------------

Berbasbullet

Why did you bother posting? Read the post above yours
So I'm not allowed to have an opinion now? I don't care what someone else has said, the writings on the wall! United have said they are no longer interested and Griez himself has said he is "Athletico now more than ever".

Talk about denial, it's over. I am out, you guys continue to waste your time.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So I'm not allowed to have an opinion now? I don't care what someone else has said, the writings on the wall! United have said they are no longer interested and Griez himself has said he is "Athletico now more than ever".

Talk about denial, it's over. I am out, you guys continue to waste your time.
No one said you can't have an opinion, but if you roll in here and say its over, move on (effectively attempting to shut down debate), then it won't be received well. This is a forum - we discuss things. If you don't want to discuss this issue then don't participate.

Phil

I don't get how Redcafe manages in transfer season when it places such value on each Tweet. The ups and downs of Pogba last year must have been a nightmare.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What makes you think there will be? All looks bleak at the moment.
These things tend to take strange twists and turns when we least expect it. The reality is no one knows what is transpiring behind the scenes and everyone is attempting to play Inspector Clouseau based on the crumbs they are getting from dodgy twitter sources. Best to sit back and relax as the situation unfolds over the next couple of months.

Frank Grimes

Exactly, feck him. But people on the internet / reddit downvote or shout shit at you if you call him out. People are in love with this fella, a fella thats never kicked a ball for our club. He used us for a contract or better power position and thats it. If he wanted to be here, he would be.

Comments like this on reddit

"I actually respect him more now. Clearly he has wanted to come to United for a long time (Love for Beckham, #7 shirt, his brother being a fan etc.) I'm sure he was very excited about this deal as well as evidenced by his 6/10 remark on that TV show (The 6/10 was the 60% chance that Atleti won't get a transfer ban I assume), but to have the loyalty to stay at Atleti after the transfer ban to help the club is very rare these days. His twitter status said 'now more than ever' and he's standing with his club during tough times."

Like do they actually think that? If we so "Excited to join us" then why didn't he? He still can move, he has a release clause, he just has to give the word.
Ultimately his heart was never set on us, that's why he didn't come. It's a relief we know so soon into the window tbh, a drawn out affair that ended this way would have been a lot worse. Also it's a lesson to not count our chickens in future transfer dealings, some were talking as if he was a Utd player for months.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Its over for this transfer window but I suspect as soon as the transfer ban is lifted, this saga will continue.

A.Madrid were confident the ban would be overturned. I Dont think they expected any other outcome. This left Antoine with the dilemma of abandoning his club when they can't sign a replacement. I'd guess he spoke to us (united) regarding those concerns and all parties agreed to put the transfer on hold.

My feeling is that the recent tweets from him are to get himself back in the good books with the fans and get behind his current team, including signing a new deal to make everyone at the club feel better BUT I think there might be a clause in there that will allow him to join us in a future window, if he wishes.

Frank Grimes

These things tend to take strange twists and turns when we least expect it. The reality is no one knows what is transpiring behind the scenes and everyone is attempting to play Inspector Clouseau based on the crumbs they are getting from dodgy twitter sources. Best to sit back and relax as the situation unfolds over the next couple of months.
We are not getting it from dodgy twitter sources, we are getting it from the horse's mouth. It's obvious he is committed to Atletico from his tweet yesterday and United briefing the press they were no longer interested. If he joins Utd now he must really have a twisted personality.

Frank Grimes

Its over for this transfer window but I suspect as soon as the transfer ban is lifted, this saga will continue.

A.Madrid were confident the ban would be overturned. I Dont think they expected any other outcome. This left Antoine with the dilemma of abandoning his club when they can't sign a replacement. I'd guess he spoke to us (united) regarding those concerns and all parties agreed to put the transfer on hold.

My feeling is that the recent tweets from him are to get himself back in the good books with the fans and get behind his current team, including signing a new deal to make everyone at the club feel better BUT I think there might be a clause in there that will allow him to join us in a future window, if he wishes.
Very possible, though I don't feel he would ever leave in January, next summer much more likely.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We are not getting it from dodgy twitter sources, we are getting it from the horse's mouth. It's obvious he is committed to Atletico from his tweet yesterday and United briefing the press they were no longer interested. If he joins Utd now he must really have a twisted personality.
People get a bit too wound up about these things. Let's wait and see what happens.

Berbasbullet

No one said you can't have an opinion, but if you roll in here and say its over, move on (effectively attempting to shut down debate), then it won't be received well. This is a forum - we discuss things. If you don't want to discuss this issue then don't participate.
Yeah I guess you have a point, just seems a very futile discussion to me. :lol:

I'm off to a more realistic place... The Defoe transfer thread! :drool:

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I have forgotten about this transfer for this year. Maybe we will go for him next summer though.

To me it seems like Griezmann felt he couldn't leave Atletico without them getting a replacement in for him and i respect that. He knows he is vital to the team, without him they would struggle a lot, and who is to say that they can't win La Liga or even the CL next year?

manunited1919

People get a bit too wound up about these things. Let's wait and see what happens.
I was wondering why the thread hadn't been closed off today. So we sit back and wait. Let's hope in the meantime we aim high with our other targets.

Cantona_Forever

Surely 6/10 for come to United makes it 4/10 for staying at Madrid?
For mathematician yes, but not for Griezmann.

So basically he pulled a Rooney. If so, I wonder if AM fans will treat him the same way some United fans treat Rooney.
This is interesting question. Sadly, his excuse to stay is much bigger than Rooney though. We never had transfer ban then.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I gotta say, I respect what Griezmann did. He clearly was interested in joining. He went where almost no footballers ever go and went on TV and made his feelings clear he was more than likely to join Manchester United. They probably were deep into making it happen, worked out a contract with a pay rise, etc. Then the news came, and with the heat he was already getting for being so public about his desire to move on, he felt like he couldn't leave them hanging high and dry. He'll join if the club is still interested when the ban is lifted. His reported new contract negotiation with Atletico is simply doing the classy thing and matching whatever he was going to get here.

He'll be back, but I really can't see anymore how it could be this summer.

Cantona_Forever

I mentioned it at the time but it's more than that, people have a hard time with this idea but asking Griezmann to leave Spain is like asking Ramos or Koke to do the same. As long as he believes that Atletico can match his ambition they will have a huge advantage, to put it simply he is spanish.

Then his "at the stage of his career to want to win things" is a big horseshit then since how can Madrid guarantee him a success when they can't even sign new players?

Arthur Friedenreich

After reading MANY hours of spaniard football foruns and blogs i came to the conclusion that still there's a good chance that Griezmann is coming.
So better keep this thread alive.

The question is: who's the best 9 available to link up with Griezmann??

Womp

idiot
After reading MANY hours of spaniard football foruns and blogs i came to the conclusion that still there's a good chance that Griezmann is coming.
So better keep this thread alive.

The question is: who's the best 9 available to link up with Griezmann??
Why did they change your opinion?

Arthur Friedenreich

Why did they change your opinion?
I only have 5 "coins" then i will just say this: i read their papers(spaniards) and blogs for more than 10 years now and i know who they really are, they can't hide anything, i can see their subliminal text.
Its not hard to realize for example, when their pundits and journalists are under the orders of the boards to create histories about specific players to push them out of the clubs(like James Rodriguez).

And its easy to check if they're really confident about some main subject.
They are not 80% sold on Griezmann staying, and this is very strange.

I bet we will see something new about Griezmann a few days after the CL final, after the potential celebrations in Madrid.
I could be wrong, but i think Griezmann will be a United player(in some way), noy exactly like people was expecting right now.
Lets see.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I was looking forward to this being resolved in the 2 week time frame Antoine himself gave.

Seems as if we'll have to wait a bit longer to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.