Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
If I'm not mistaken, it's about right. But I once heard that no club will sign a player that used that rule.
Booooring. Would be fun to negotiate for a month with Arsenal and then get Sanchez for a packet of crisps.

We shouldn't really but Bayern are welcome to it for the lols.

Zii

We should never EVER return for any player that uses our Clubs name for a contract rise. Feck off.

salford_

Tbh, there was nothing concrete that he wanted to leave. All the journos again reported BS and people fell for it.

How anyone managed to come up with the idea that him saying that joining was '6/10' (in his words), meant the deal was almost done, still baffles me

Stacks

Jose mentioned earlier in the season that he wants players who are enthusiastic to join. If he calls a player and the 1st thing he talks about is the weather in Manchester and whether the missus won't like it then "f off" This is something I agree completely with on Jose's behalf. It appeared that was aimed at Griezmann and was a bit pathetic considering this is their work, not a holiday. Also after years of not even a sniff of a title challenge and non existence in top level European football, is it so hard to believe that top players find ways to resist United?

Last edited:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
he talks about is the weather in Manchester and weather the missus won't like it then "f off"
Funny you should say that, cause it was AG that mentioned the whether and prompted Jose to make that comment.

EDIT: Or am I getting mixed up here?

Stacks

Funny you should say that, cause it was AG that mentioned the whether and prompted Jose to make that comment.

EDIT: Or am I getting mixed up here?
I don't know, maybe we are in agreement here. Player using weather as a deciding factor for a move, current manager dismissing that as a real footballers concern.

EDIT: This is an alleged quote from AG
"England, I have a lot of doubts about my private life. Everything like rain, bad weather... I need to feel happy outside."

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know, maybe we are in agreement here. Player using weather as a deciding factor for a move, current manager dismissing that as a real footballers concern.
I mentioned it at the time but it's more than that, people have a hard time with this idea but asking Griezmann to leave Spain is like asking Ramos or Koke to do the same. As long as he believes that Atletico can match his ambition they will have a huge advantage, to put it simply he is spanish.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Meh. I'm more disappointed by the other names we're focusing on after coming out empty-handed from this one, than the fact that we're missing out on Griezmann.

We need to not go back for him again though. He's had his chance, and wasted it. Would love to get them in the Champions League knock-out stages, preferably in the final, and defeat them, only to see Griezmann's tears as he lost another final and realised he could've been on the winning side instead.

Ah well, a fan can dream :D

M Bison

Supports
York City
I mentioned it at the time but it's more than that, people have a hard time with this idea but asking Griezmann to leave Spain is like asking Ramos or Koke to do the same. As long as he believes that Atletico can match his ambition they will have a huge advantage, to put it simply he is spanish.
Eh? He's French isn't he? Or have I missed the point of your post?

3KDré

Eh? He's French isn't he? Or have I missed the point of your post?
He was at a French academy when they rejected him for being too small. A spanish man (I think) saw his talent and took him over to Spain, where he lived with the guy and trained at Spain under Spanish tutelage. He grew up there and I think he said he feels more at home in Spain than in France.

WoodysWallet

Who in their right mind cares about one player?

In the grand scheme of things, Greizmann is, at best a luxury that we could do without.

To speak of him in Neymar, Hazard and Sanchez levels is laughable.
He's not what we need, he's another gamble on a ten.

I'm not a regular poster on here, but a striker is a must for us.
Rashford has the potential in four years to become our number 9.

In the meantime, We need a proper striker, and I personally don't care if it's one of Belloti, Lukaku, Kane, or Charlie Austin.

We need a STRIKER. Not a goal scoring 10

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Who in their right mind cares about one player?

In the grand scheme of things, Greizmann is, at best a luxury that we could do without.

To speak of him in Neymar, Hazard and Sanchez levels is laughable.
He's not what we need, he's another gamble on a ten.

I'm not a regular poster on here, but a striker is a must for us.
Rashford has the potential in four years to become our number 9.

In the meantime, We need a proper striker, and I personally don't care if it's one of Belloti, Lukaku, Kane, or Charlie Austin.

We need a STRIKER. Not a goal scoring 10
Couldn't agree more mate. We need to add bonafide goalscorers to the team.

It was probably the worst season that I can remember for putting chances away in games we dominated.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
In what way were they outsmarted? I don't think they were. Griezmann doesn't gain all that much by staying put IMO. Even if he signs a new contract, I don't think he'd get as much money as he would get from us. They haven't won more than us either. Living in Spain probably is more appealing to him, but I think he could deal with a few years in Manchester.
I was responding to someone saying the club was played but yeah, pretty obvious he'd get a better deal at United.

Litch

Point me to the part in the Pogba saga where he used his own personal social media which is followed by millions to declare his love for Juventus then signed for us.
Typically people become literal to make their point. My opinion rather than the law or a science is there are twists and turns in these kind of transfers and at times post on here thought Pogba was off to Madrid. This aside, no ones suggesting he doesn't love juventus but for me changes nothing and I've just watched Giggs suggest it's not over and I think he's closer to the club than anyone's opinion on here.....

prtk0811

People need to relax here, griezman stayed because of the ban an his allegiance to simione who is in last year his contact. If we retain intrest he can still come next year if we really feel we need to buy around him in the market.

RepardReece

Typically people become literal to make their point. My opinion rather than the law or a science is there are twists and turns in these kind of transfers and at times post on here thought Pogba was off to Madrid. This aside, no ones suggesting he doesn't love juventus but for me changes nothing and I've just watched Giggs suggest it's not over and I think he's closer to the club than anyone's opinion on here.....
Agreed, I still think the transfer may happen, this contract nonsense about him extending it at Madrid may be complete crap, he's been busy with France today and will not have took time out just to sign the contract which would completely annoy a lot of people. I don't believe he will have put pen to paper yet. Things can't just switch like that, he's probably swayed more to Madrid right now but if he's taken all these months to think about United, he'll take sometime to make his final decision.

Look at our past transfers, a lot of them have seemed to look like they wasn't going to happen at some points, but then ended up happening. Griezmann's situation could be just that.

Womp

idiot
I'm genuinely baffled that some people are still holding out hope. The guy couldn't be any more clearer without coming out and saying feck United, I'm staying. This isn't a marketing ploy like it was with Adidas and Pogba, this came directly from the source. He said he's Atleti more than ever on the same day rumours were strife that the deal fell through. It's over.

Marzo

Why is this thread still going? Hasnt he broken enough muppet hearts?
It's become a depressing debate now. Time to move on.

prtk0811

I'm genuinely baffled that some people are still holding out hope. The guy couldn't be any more clearer without coming out and saying feck United, I'm staying. This isn't a marketing ploy like it was with Adidas and Pogba, this came directly from the source. He said he's Atleti more than ever on the same day rumours were strife that the deal fell through. It's over.
It could be revived next year with someone gone and no ban. Fans need to calm their egos as if it was a rejection , it was more of a loyalty towards atletico and simeone in his last year which was more than money.

Womp

idiot
It could be revived next year with someone gone and no ban. Fans need to calm their egos as if it was a rejection , it was more of a loyalty towards atletico and simeone in his last year which was more than money.
Yea, I personally feel we will go back in for him next summer, but it's over this summer.

Jetrooooo

Im still fairly confident he's coming. If he pretends to care so much about Atletico, why is he holding them ransom for a paybump when hes just gotten one. He cares about money and well give him a shitton of it. Is this all because of that one tweet?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Im still fairly confident he's coming. If he pretends to care so much about Atletico, why is he holding them ransom for a paybump when hes just gotten one. He cares about money and well give him a shitton of it. Is this all because of that one tweet?
People assume that it's just about money but it could be for something else on top of money. Like who is going to manage the club or who is going to join the club and make them better.

Edit: And If I'm not mistaken, it's Atletico who came with an offer.

RepardReece

He talks about wanting trophies, and needing players that can strengthen the squad etc. But then he stays at Atletico out of loyalty. Respect to the guy but there's still multiple factors that could persuade him to leave. The transfer saga about Griezmann has been on and off throughout, with yesterday being the worst hit with him not transferring. He would have known about the possibility of the ban being upheld previous to yesterday, so it can't just determine a change of heart just like that. Also, what's all this conspiracy stuff about him staying because of a new contract, surely Manchester United would be willing to match the amount, so I really doubt it being a thing, as if he is to go next year, he wouldn't sign a new contract making it harder for him to leave next season as Atletico would surely ask for more then, in which clubs would be unwilling to pay.

Honestly, if the guy is going to stay, it will be under the same contract (unless he's used United for more money at Atletico), and wait it out until next season where United may regain interest. There've been doubts about a lot of transfers over the previous years, this is probably the worst of the lot but there's still a little bit of hope. Doubtful it will happen but I seriously want it to still go ahead.

Zii

He talks about wanting trophies, and needing players that can strengthen the squad etc. But then he stays at Atletico out of loyalty.
No, he used us for a new contract which he just signed.

Trizy

Jose mentioned earlier in the season that he wants players who are enthusiastic to join. If he calls a player and the 1st thing he talks about is the whether in Manchester and weather the missus won't like it then "f off" This is something I agree completely with on Jose's behalf. It appeared that was aimed at Griezmann and was a bit pathetic considering this is their work, not a holiday. Also after years of not even a sniff of a title challenge and non existence in top level European football, is it so hard to believe that top players find ways to resist United?

Indeed. Never understood that argument of wanting a better City.. etc. They get paid mega money to kick a fecking ball.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
So, when's this new contract going to be announced? Atletico must be eager to get the news out there...

RepardReece

In which I said later on in the post if you decided to read it. And what you quoted from my post is still true. Griezmann still wants trophies and better players... like any player would. He wouldn't use Pogba to get a new contract / more money. He definitely wanted to join United until yesterday when numerous factors happened. A new contract would just be a benefit.

Zii

In which I said later on in the post if you decided to read it. And what you quoted from my post is still true. Griezmann still wants trophies and better players... like any player would. He wouldn't use Pogba to get a new contract / more money. He definitely wanted to join United until yesterday when numerous factors happened. A new contract would just be a benefit.
Nah nah, if he wanted to join united, he would be here. Period. The only guy keeping Greizmann at Atletico is.... Greizmann. He isn't a slave, he doesn't want to be here, feck him.

RedStarUnited

Which begs the question, are we not better off without a player who thinks like that?

If A.Madrid had any chance of winning anything significant next year, that chance just got taken away with the ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.