View full 2018-19 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Woodward Way. Players who haven't earned it are put on fat contracts so we can't shift them. We can't have Ronaldo to Madrid situations happening on his watch, it would hurt his ego.
I don't know. I doubt he'll turn out great and I'm not the biggest fan of his demeanour.

Right so Jose says with his own mouth that he doesn't see martial & Rashford as strikers under him - he said this BTW not some made up transfer news - and at the same time Martial's number changes from 9 to 11 - a traditional striker number to a wingers number - you think that I make this up?

Of course it would just be a damn shirt number if Martial was number 11 and playing upfront next to Ibrahimovic or playing next to Lukaku. Did that happen? No - he has continued to play as a makeshift left winger who's primary goal is to provide a target with suupply.

If you continue to think martial is not playing ST because we regularly play with regularly two up front & he isn't performing - then that is wrong. If you think that martial has the capability to play as a striker under Mourinho by performing as a LW - you are wrong.

Do you know why - because Jose said - Martial is not a striker under me.

Here comes the tough question : How many times have you actually seen him play as a striker in your life to reach this conclusion it's his best position ?

‘Out last mourinho’? Seriously? The media would love to see United crumble. I’m glad Mourinho treats them like garbage. They need to be boycotted

Jose thinks Martial is not a striker and hence he's not playing him in that position. It would've happened even if he'd retained his old number. What's so hard to understand?

Here is the breakdown of Martial in his whole career

Pos App G A
Left Winger 87 24 23
Centre-Forward 79 20 13
Right Winger 14 2 -
Attacking Midfield 1 1 -

There is nothing here to suggest he does amazingly well when played as a CF than a Left winger.

His stats show's that he is equally good as being a striker to being a left winger - so why don't we use him as a striker eh? Why are we playing with one - playing Lukaku when he himself describes himself not as a target man?

Tell me? Jose doesn't not think Martial is a a striker & plays him as a left winger. Jose then plays Lukaku upfront by himself as a target man alone whilst he himself tells him that is not how he plays.

Tell me what is stopping your man playing two strikers regularly together instead of a target man that relies on supply. Why did Fellaini come and play upfront next to Lukaku when we needed a forward. Tell me?

His stats show's that he is equally good as being a striker to being a left winger - so why don't we use him as a striker eh? Why are we playing with one - playing Lukaku when he himself describes himself not as a target man?

Tell me? Jose doesn't not think Martial is a a striker & plays him as a left winger. Jose then plays Lukaku upfront by himself as a target man alone whilst he himself tells him that is not how he plays.

Tell me what is stopping your man playing two strikers regularly together instead of a target man that relies on supply. Why did Fellaini come and play upfront next to Lukaku when we needed a forward. Tell me?

Because Martial has been broadly shite in a united shirt when tested up top and Lukaku had always served best with direct service.

That's why.

But does Jose regard Martial as a striker in his eyes?

I'll answer it as a seperate point in the good faith you're not just going to repeat the number thing lol.

No he probably does not, not in the classical sense of what he seems a strong central striker. He seems him more as a forward in the same mould as all the other strikers he's had out wide during his time and usually very succesfully.

Best news to come out of the club since last season if he really is signing a new contract.

Any news on the offer of a new 5 year deal? Would be delighted if that was true. We need to tie down young talented players and build the core of the team around him, Rashford, Pogba, Tuanzebe, Shaw,

Here comes the tough question : How many times have you actually seen him play as a striker in your life to reach this conclusion it's his best position ?

His best games for United have been as a striker, he played there for Monaco in partnership whilst also covering as a left winger. Rashford likewise - his best games for united has been as a striker whilst he was bought up as a absolute rubbish winger.

The real thing is truth is that Martial playing as a LW for Jose Mourinho & a target man is not the same as a LF - his goal is to supply a target man. He isnt played like a LF.

You see sane & sterling playing wide as possible trying to supply a target man? NO - because even if they are out wide they play in between the RB and RCB Not directly against the fullback. Remember how David villa played for Barcelona whilst Messi used to supply him balls from false 9? You see how mane & Salah play as inside forwards supplied by firminho?

David villa didn't damn cross in to target man & neither did he spent half his time being asked to defend. Martial playing as a left winger under Jose is not going to get the best out of him.

Considering Lukaku is not a target man el3mel - tell me why are we playing with a target man with wingers who are asked to supply him el3mel? Do you think that's the best we can do?

Terrible news. Shows how far we've sunk giving a player like this a new deal.

A player who has asked to leave, has down tools on the manager and therefore the club and its fans, hasn't improved as a player since the day he arrived, is a one trick pony who has been found out by opponents 2 years ago.

He's the worst buy this club has ever made when you consider £ paid for him and his actual contribution.

Woodward has given power to little oiks like Martial and his agent and until we get it under control, we'll continue on the way down the ladder.

So if the next manager doesn't rate him which I think is far more likely than people think, will he just down tools on him as well?

Nobody wanted to take him off our hands this summer for a good reason. He's not very good.

Because Martial has been broadly shite in a united shirt when tested up top and Lukaku had always served best with direct service.

That's why.

Yes but why is he made to play as a target man who is made to bring others in to play? Target man is not the only way to provide a striker service - I'd argue martial upfront provides Lukaku service.

Terrible news. Shows how far we've sunk giving a player like this a new deal.

A player who has asked to leave, has down tools on the manager and therefore the club and its fans, hasn't improved as a player since the day he arrived, is a one trick pony who has been found out by opponents 2 years ago.

He's the worst buy this club has ever made when you consider £ paid for him and his actual contribution.

Woodward has given power to little oiks like Martial and his agent and until we get it under control, we'll continue on the way down the ladder.

So if the next manager doesn't rate him which I think is far more likely than people think, will he just down tools on him as well?

Nobody wanted to take him off our hands this summer for a good reason. He's not very good.

Jose also reportedly tried to broker a swap for Willian which got rejected by Woodward

If the club wanted him gone,he would've been long gone. No need to let your personal feelings get in the way of what's actually been the case. He's seemingly here to stay,get used to it

Because

1) I don' think Jose plays 2 striker formation usually in any of his clubs as far a s i know
2 ) Striker's vital characteristic is making runs and off ball movement and Martial's poor in both those areas.

Fellaini comes in when we need to get the ball directly into the box bypassing the midfield. He brings down the ball and brings other players into play. Even the stacked Belgium NT having likes of KDB, Hazard et all brought him on against Japan during the WC when they needed a goal and he produced the comeback.

His best games for United have been as a striker, he played there for Monaco in partnership whilst also covering as a left winger. Rashford likewise - his best games for united has been as a striker whilst he was bought up as a absolute rubbish winger.

The real thing is truth is that Martial playing as a LW for Jose Mourinho & a target man is not the same as a LF - his goal is to supply a target man. He isnt played like a LF.

You see sane & sterling playing wide as possible trying to supply a target man? NO - because even if they are out wide they play in between the RB and RCB Not directly against the fullback. Remember how David villa played for Barcelona whilst Messi used to supply him balls from false 9? You see how mane & Salah play as inside forwards supplied by firminho?

David villa didn't damn cross in to target man & neither did he spent half his time being asked to defend. Martial playing as a left winger under Jose is not going to get the best out of him.

Considering Lukaku is not a target man el3mel - tell me why are we playing with a target man with wingers who are asked to supply him el3mel? Do you think that's the best we can do?

Martial played only 11 matches in the league in LVG last season here as a striker, scoring 2 goals. Not just that but guess what, both goals came in the same game, against Saints away when we won 3-2 (Martial's second game with us) with Mata scoring the third. That means he went on and scored nothing(!) in the remaining 10 games he played in the league this season as the striker. How were his best games here came as a striker exactly then ?!

Meanwhile he played 16 matches as LW this same season and scored 7.

Martial finished LVG second season playing as a LW with Rashford up top, Mata on the right and Rooney in midfield. It's nonsense to say that Mourinho changed his position to LW. LVG was the one who converted him to this position for most of the season and got better numbers from him there.

If the club wanted him gone,he would've been gone. No need to let your personal feelings get in the way of what's actually been the case

That's from the Martial camp.

I wouldn't believe a word they say.

Simeone and Martial :lol:

Martial would have a nervous breakdown in the first week.

He's stank the place out for 2 years and gets rewarded with a new deal. The club is on its knees.

@VP89

Lukaku said he and Drogba were "totally different players".

He told BBC Sport: "Drogba is more of a hold-up player, a target man. I prefer to have ball to feet and run in behind.

Great - Looks like Jose is really getting the best out of Lukaku. Playing exactly that for United & therefor we play as a single striker with every other forward as a potential supplier of the ball. Absolutely insane & poor management.

If you and Jose followers thing that Lukaku the target man continues to be the way we reach the top of the league then so be it.

I say we got more of a chance if we let Lukaku play off the shoulder off the defender whilst another forward is allowed to take on the defenders on the other side.

Nope we shall play with one striker and cry out for arnautpvic - my lord.

Because

1) I don' think Jose plays 2 striker formation usually in any of his clubs as far a s i know
2 ) Striker's vital characteristic is making runs and off ball movement and Martial's poor in both those areas.

Fellaini comes in when we need to get the ball directly into the box bypassing the midfield. He brings down the ball and brings other players into play. Even the stacked Belgium NT having likes of KDB, Hazard et all brought him on against Japan during the WC when they needed a goal and he produced the comeback.

And that's why I believe Jose has not used all the capabilities of getting the best out of Martial & Rashford. Thanks.

Remember when players actually had to perform well to earn a new contract. Martial pisses me off - all the talent, none of the application.

Jose also reportedly tried to broker a swap for Willian which got rejected by Woodward

If the club wanted him gone,he would've been long gone. No need to let your personal feelings get in the way of what's actually been the case

Yeah we should've accepted spurs offer which would've been in the region of £35m :rolleyes: . If the offer was above £60m we'd bite their hands off. Also if he's Ballon d'or potential why no offers from Elite clubs? 60-70M for a player with that potential should be peanuts in today's market right?

It's also absolutely bollocks to claim Martial is played to assist Lukaku. That just doesn't compute with reality in the slightest.

Also just to correct the above Jose dropped 433 and ended up going 4312 with his inter side.

It changes very little other than putting the club in a better negotiating position. He's not going to see the contract out if the situation stays the same. It's win-win.

If the club wanted him gone,he would've been long gone. No need to let your personal feelings get in the way of what's actually been the case. He's seemingly here to stay,get used to it

He would have set on the bench for Spurs and Atletico and Milan are uninteresting choice.

Easy to see why he decided to stick around.

He would set on the bench at all top clubs around and he knew it quite well.

And that's why I believe Jose has not used all the capabilities of getting the best out of Martial & Rashford. Thanks.

Why does a manager who has won it all change the way he plays for a nobody? Also i just confirmed to you that his stats doesn't look better playing as a ST.

Club should not be offering long term contracts to players the manager doesn't want.

I completely agree. If this is true then it's openly undermining Jose. He might as well go now. The board need to think hard about this one. The same way top players are deemed to be reluctant to sign for Jose, any top manager will be reluctant to take his job if and when it becomes available.

Last edited:
He would have set on the bench for Spurs and Atletico and Milan are uninteresting choice.

Easy to see why he decided to stick around.

He would set on the bench at all top clubs around and he knew it quite well.
Atletico is a better team than us.

Atletico is a better team than us.

Yes so ? Thought his intention is to play and develop his game not still setting on the bench but at a better team.

Edit : Maybe you get it wrong, Milan are the uninteresting choice, not Atletico or Spurs. :D

It's also absolutely bollocks to claim Martial is played to assist Lukaku. That just doesn't compute with reality in the slightest.

Also just to correct the above Jose dropped 433 and ended up going 4312 with his inter side.
Hasn't Martial provided more assists for Lukaku than pretty much any other player?

The media putting their spin on it:rolleyes: '.... outlast Jose' - they are so full of shit.

I'm sure there's more to signing the contact than whether or not Jose is leaving. Martial is pretty simple - show him that you value him and he's fine. As I said before, he was ok with LVG giving him a bollocking at times. He said himself he didn't mind as he knew LVG wanted him to be the best. Lad appreciates sincerity.

What he needs to do now is work his socks off, and make sure he repays Ed's faith in him!

Why does a manager who has won it all change the way he plays for a nobody? Also i just confirmed to you that his stats doesn't look better playing as a ST.

Because he has yet to be successful with his tried and tested method here. The last thing you should do is probably play a striker who doesnt think he is good at being a target man to play like one and have him with our own and main attacking threat.

Anyway, I think the "he thinks he can outlast Jose" part is bullshit.
He's the second most reliable goalscorer at the club. Think Mourinho will be glad to have him at his best if he can get that.

" club should not give contracts to players the manager does not want" :lol: Jose nearly broke down after wanting to keep fellaini when no one except him & Jose fan boys wanted him.

That's from the Martial camp.

I wouldn't believe a word they say.

Simeone and Martial :lol:

Martial would have a nervous breakdown in the first week.

He's stank the place out for 2 years and gets rewarded with a new deal. The club is on its knees.
Not true. Simeone, unlike Jose, is a very good man manager. He really is. Read up on him sometime. I'm sure he would know the right approach to use with Martial.

Hasn't Martial provided more assists for Lukaku than pretty much any other player?

At one point yeah but don't think it ended the season that way although i could be wrong.

You'd expect that though given his position and that we don't play with a creative no 10. The fact he assists Lukaku occasionally doesn't mean he plays to assist, Son assists Kane to a simmilar amount and it isn't the case there either.

Not true. Simeone, unlike Jose, is a very good man manager. He really is. Read up on him sometime. I'm sure he would know the right approach to use with Martial.

It doesn't matter because Martial would have never ever got in their team ahead of Griezmann and Costa. He would have kept on the bench and used as an impact sub exactly like here.

Status
Not open for further replies.