2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Shaw, Dalot, Yoro, Maguire, Lindelof, Evans, Amass.
Injured, correct, injured and settling in, earmarked for going, earmarked for going, will retire soon or moved into coaching role, not ready for regular minutes just yet

In the short term I expect

Dalot/Maz - DeLigt - Martinez - Maz/LB

So really like ETH has been supported, Onana has been supported and will have no excuse

Injured, correct, injured and settling in, earmarked for going, earmarked for going, will retire soon or moved into coaching role, not ready for regular minutes just yet

In the short term I expect

Dalot/Maz - DeLigt - Martinez - Maz/LB

So really like ETH has been supported, Onana has been supported and will have no excuse

Buying players a GK has played with in the past is not really supporting him, supporting him would be to have Casemiro or Ugarte or another CDM able to shield the defence and also for the team/tactics to stop condeding so many chances. Onana had the a ridiculous amount of shots on his goal last season and still had one of the highest save percentages in the entire league.

Onana was actually really good after the new year last season as well, he is far from the biggest issue.

Also I like that you included Yoro as 'settling in' but don't expect the new signings De Ligt and Mazraoui to need any settling in or adjustment period.

Buying players a GK has played with in the past is not really supporting him, supporting him would be to have Casemiro or Ugarte or another CDM able to shield the defence and also for the team/tactics to stop condeding so many chances. Onana had the a ridiculous amount of shots on his goal last season and still had one of the highest save percentages in the entire league.

Onana was actually really good after the new year last season as well, he is far from the biggest issue.

Also I like that you included Yoro as 'settling in' but don't expect the new signings De Ligt and Mazraoui to need any settling in or adjustment period.
I think barring fitness the 2 new guys will settle quicker because they are more experienced, have played in different countries and importantly know ETH tactics and expectations

I take it from your post that you are an Obama fan? For transparency I am of his character but not of his goalkeeping basics

I think barring fitness the 2 new guys will settle quicker because they are more experienced, have played in different countries and importantly know ETH tactics and expectations

I take it from your post that you are an Obama fan? For transparency I am of his character but not of his goalkeeping basics

Isn't he more of a basketball guy? Had a court installed at the White House, didn't he?

Yeah I get it, you don't like me because of my user name. Because you tried to make every criticism of Onana about De Gea despite me saying on numerous occasions De Gea was done and it was correct to move him on.

You think you're great because you've a million posts on an Internet forum, I get that too. I'm sure it's a great badge of honour in your meaningless little life, somewhere you get to act the big lad and sneer at anyone who dares question you. Pathetic really, just like the pathetic little man I'm sure you are. Do you think people in work or down the pub are impressed with your post history on redcafe? I doubt it. But I know enough about you from seeing your name and distinctive tone for years that you're a horrible little cnut that really thinks he is something on a tiny corner of the Internet.

Anyway, I'm out. No doubt I'll be banned for this post anyway, for daring to criticise the Lord pogue mahone, the ultimate and unquestionable authority on everything. Yet for all his expertise he continues to back one of the worst keepers I've seen since supporting united. Your opinion is worthless due to that fact alone.

David De Gea over and out.
:lol: great post

Yeah I get it, you don't like me because of my user name. Because you tried to make every criticism of Onana about De Gea despite me saying on numerous occasions De Gea was done and it was correct to move him on.

You think you're great because you've a million posts on an Internet forum, I get that too. I'm sure it's a great badge of honour in your meaningless little life, somewhere you get to act the big lad and sneer at anyone who dares question you. Pathetic really, just like the pathetic little man I'm sure you are. Do you think people in work or down the pub are impressed with your post history on redcafe? I doubt it. But I know enough about you from seeing your name and distinctive tone for years that you're a horrible little cnut that really thinks he is something on a tiny corner of the Internet.

Anyway, I'm out. No doubt I'll be banned for this post anyway, for daring to criticise the Lord pogue mahone, the ultimate and unquestionable authority on everything. Yet for all his expertise he continues to back one of the worst keepers I've seen since supporting united. Your opinion is worthless due to that fact alone.

A Caf meme is born.

I think for a team like ours to progress we need a GK like him that is great with his feet. Ederson, Allison etc are not the greatest at shot stopping but being class with their feet is the main reason they were signed.

If United start building a better squad and playing better and having high ball retention, having a GK like Onana is required in my opinion.

This will make for some great c & p

I think for a team like ours to progress we need a GK like him that is great with his feet. Ederson, Allison etc are not the greatest at shot stopping but being class with their feet is the main reason they were signed.

If United start building a better squad and playing better and having high ball retention, having a GK like Onana is required in my opinion.
Time will tell but I think the more ball playing defenders that we have the less we need to over empathise on the ball playing skills of the keeper. For me, first and foremost is saving the shots, catching the ball and dominating your box

I quite like look of that young Portuguese keeper

How did you get into a fight with @Pogue Mahone of all people :lol:

One of the nicest posters around.

Time will tell but I think the more ball playing defenders that we have the less we need to over empathise on the ball playing skills of the keeper. For me, first and foremost is saving the shots, catching the ball and dominating your box

I quite like look of that young Portuguese keeper

The game has changed at the top level though, but Onana is actually a good shot stopper, the stats prove it.

Can we keep him ma, can we please keep him??

That post needs to be thread marked :lol:

Possibly the most interesting player to watch this season in the hope he is able to change his style to be more like he was in Italy. The team did not play to his strengths last season. An overhauled back 4 should help him in that regard. Still did long kicks that went straight down the opposition throats against City. A work in progress.
Edit: talking about Onana, not Obama. Both cool dudes though. :cool:

This has big "that guy from come dine with me" energy.

I like him and want him to succeed. He has weaknesses for sure, but he also has rare qualities in a keeper. I think in a more secure defensive setup where the dial switches more towards requiring his ball playing abilities, he'll look terrific.

If Onana sticks to key aspects of being a keeper he'll be alright. A solid 6 for me.

Not impressed with his goalkeeping and distribution at all. There's always a mistake in him. Hopefully those are just nerves and lack of match fitness and sharpness.

How can a goalkeeper be this awful on the ball, let alone a goalkeeper who is known and bought for his passing abilities?

How does he keep getting away with this??

Top performance. Hope he can build on that. I fancy him for a good season with a stable partnership in front of him.

This guy isn't a top level ball playing GK. What he is, is a cocky goalkeeper who presents himself as one. But actually, he's below average by PL standards, as most teams have GKs very comfortable with the ball. But many of them are more accurate going longer or diagonally. There are plenty of GKs who are better than him too. To top it off, he's seemingly not that intelligent with what he tries either. Picking out high balls to players who are never going to win the ball etc all the time.

I have practically no confidence in him and it's just a matter of time until he lets us down again. Tonight the moment almost came when he cleared the ball low straight down the middle of the pitch with their players in dangerous areas to pick up his loose pass.