5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the worst 'keeper' we've had for a long, long time. I use the word keeper lightly considering he doesn't save much.

This whole story reminds me on Star Wars main theme. Jedi were expecting the one who will bring balance in universe (force). But Anakin (Darth Vader) brought balance by destroying them all.

Many of you wanted game changer. Well, he really is a game changer. :lol:
Is Onana Jar Jar?

Diogo Costa was right there. We need to stop going after the managers targets.

I don't agree, far too many issues outfield to have a footballing keeper. We should have kept DDG and revisit this issue next summer.

We spent near 50m on this clampet which could have gone on another outfield player.
I share the same opinion, goalkeeper was the last of our worries. But yet, everyone here thought DDG was the one stopping us from playing like primer Barcelona. Again another rushed decision easily avoided by a DOF. Burn the club to the ground.

Brilliant move by Pep to fukk with ETH’s mind to go all in for Onana. Fergiesque head game par excellence.

I thought a ball playing keeper was going to transform us into a top club though.

He doesn't look like he has any agility and seems to lower himself to the floor. I don't know if it's just me but he looks really small and unthreatening in the goal too
Your right. He has exactly zero fundamentals of a goalkeeper that makes him remotely good enough

What on earth is he doing at that third goal? Icardi doesn’t actually get much on it, yet he goes down so early.

During the completion of the deal, we had a fair few in the Caf saying Onana was going to change the way we played. :lol:

Mistakes aside, yes, he’s a bit better with the ball at his feet than DeGea, but he’s not nearly the shot stopper. I can’t say the way we play has been transformed, unless it’s worse. It doesn’t seem like we are better at handling the high press… Is it too far to say that he’s just a worse keeper than DeGea? I don’t think so…

The issue isn't that he's bad as such but more that he's not the guy who covers for your mistakes and United make a lot of mistakes.

Any inter watching people to confirm if he was that... "special" for them too or it's yet another case of a player thinking they "made it" once their contract with united is signed?
Not an Inter watcher but watch the odd Serie A. He lost them around 12-15 points in league I'd say last year from odd mishaps. Inter has got a decent shot stopper now and have a complete defensive lockdown on Serie A, considering how good the Inter defensive was I'd say Onana was their weak link and they silently got rid. Overhyped error prone player with substandard shotstoppage. We should have gone with Sommer or Raya or even kept DDG for 1-2 years. Some here have agenda vs DDG. But they seem to not understand the relationship between facing 70 shots and saving 65% or facing 145 shots and saving 72% like DDG does. Had DDG played for a solid defense in front he would still put up stellar numbers. Hope people reevaluate him on metrics vs "feelingses"

I don't know how old you were but we played Barthez, Bosnich, Taibi and they were all actively costing us goals.
I remember all of them.. We also had Carroll .. None of them was this bad.. Also, Taibi was a backup and not our #1 for the season.

This guy cant make a save.. he is always out of position. He supposedly had one strength... his passing.. and now he is passing it straight to the opposition.

Absolute car crash.

I don't know how to embed posts from the signing thread but there were plenty of us who watched his "highlights" and could clearly see that his handling, shot stopping etc. were shit. My question for the umpteenth time is why the feck can our untrained eye see this but highly paid scouts and manager can't? It is a disgrace.

JB08 said:
My one conclusion from video highlights is that he parries almost every shot, many of them back into dangerous positions. This makes me a lot more nervous than the passing/risk taking does.

Annihilate Now! said:
City fans don't have to care about that due to how little shots Ederson actually has to face.

I don't think Onana will get the same luxury so he'll have to be up to it

christinaa said:
Are we getting an extra sweeper / playmaker without the good shot-stopping attributes??
No.

Irrational. said:
My unpopular opinion is that he’s a bit too adventurous for a keeper and it’ll probably cost us in a few games this season.

I hope not, but I’ve a feeling that he’ll do similar to Kepa Avadakedavra.

Was thinking to myself this morning that he’s the first goalkeeper who can be classified as a ‘luxury player’.

I'm talking about the pass.

De Gea might have made bad passes, but he pulled out miraculous saves on the other hand.

Onana can't save shit and now he's making awful passes as well.

Anyway, regardless from the pass, the main problem with Onana is he's a useless keeper whom you can't depend on to carry the team when you're having a bad day or getting pressed. If the defense isn't solid enough or even made the slightest mistake, you might as well consider yourself 1-0 down as he won't save shit.

We gave up Kim at 50m for this 45m mess? I mean all he does is kick the ball, can't barely hold the ball, don't run off his line and even kicks the ball to the opposition.

Even if we wanted rid of De Gea, we’d of been as well as keeping Henderson.

Drop him for Heaton.

Your right. He has exactly zero fundamentals of a goalkeeper that makes him remotely good enough
He looks tiny, the goal is just gaping for every chance
His positioning must be shocking because the far post is always wide open on one on ones.
That chip from icardi was embarrassing. Stand still and he saves it , it's chest height.

De Gea had to be ridden of, but this is a disaster. I know Onana struggles to make a save, but I couldn't believe when he fecked up that pass that led to a penalty and Casemiro red card.

We were better off using the money for. DLP to dictate the possession from deep rather than expect our GK to do it. Should have got an actual solid GK like Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.