View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely signing. Delighted too the deal was under the radar it was until leaked from Spain. Further proof all these reported transfer targets stated by the press are often bollocks to begin with.

UHGeulFt.jpeg

Who's that bloke with Ander? Surely De Gea should be the one holding the shirt with him.

Only thing that worries me here is that last year we signed a guy who hadn't been playing regularly in CM and stuck him there. He's not looked at home, despite CM being his supposed natural position. We could do without Herrera taking a while to adjust.

De Gea is going to be here for the rest of his career isn't he? he clearly loves the club and the more Spaniards that arrive at the doorstep will only help that cause.

--------DDG

Rafael---Smalling---Jones---Evra (Shaw?)

---------Carrick-----Herrera

-------------Mata

Nani----------RVP-------Rooney(new winger, maybe Alexis?)

Only thing that worries me here is that last year we signed a guy who hadn't been playing regularly in CM and stuck him there. He's not looked at home, despite CM being his supposed natural position. We could do without Herrera taking a while to adjust.

He'll be fine.
Honest.
:devil:

Had no idea this was confirmed! Great! Finally a midfielder!

Agreed. I just don't understand it.

It's pretty obvious, to be honest. When you support a club, you want it to allocate its scarce resources as productively as possible. 30m, or whatever, on a LB is a lot of money, especially when there might be an equally talented, or more talented, LB available for less.

United doesn't have the luxury of endless bankrolling and so mistakes, particularly expensive ones, are damaging to the club.

It's all very well saying, "It's not my money," but it is the money of the club you support.

It's pretty obvious, to be honest. When you support a club, you want it to allocate its scarce resources as productively as possible. 30m, or whatever, on a LB is a lot of money, especially when there might be an equally talented, or more talented, LB available for less.

United doesn't have the luxury of endless bankrolling and so mistakes, particularly expensive ones, are damaging to the club.

It's all very well saying, "It's not my money," but it is the money of the club you support.

And I can just imagine the welcome a response of plugging every hole with cheap £6m-£9m players would receive.

Great news, i can't believe we've signed a midfielder, and he seems like mata, a bright and decent guy.

Happy days!

Delighted. Not only have we signed an actual midfielder but he's one who will fit the team and club perfectly, I think. The fact that he was so determined to join us is a good sign too.

Good first move in the transfer window, now lets see what we follow in up with.

I think the people in charge are aware of how much or not we can spend. If we end up buying Shaw for whatever million pounds it is because we can afford it.

And I can just imagine the welcome a response of plugging every hole with cheap £6m-£9m players would receive.

What's that go to do with anything?

I'm not suggesting the club shouldn't spend big. I'm saying expressing concern for the club spending big on an 18-year old LB is perfectly natural.

I think the people in charge are aware of how much or not we can spend. If we end up buying Shaw for whatever million pounds it is because we can afford it.

In the same way we could afford Fellaini, doesn't mean it was a good use of money. I'm well aware the club's managers will know the club's financial position. I'm saying I want our resources to be put to the most productive use.

It's not a difficult point I'm trying to make.

Exactly. Also, we shelled out 27m for fecking Fellaini. That's evidence enough that we have a lot of cash to burn.

Im glad for the lad after all that happened last summer. There were rumours of him being "distraught" when the deal never happened so it would at least appear that he is desperate to play for the club. The fact that De Gea and Mata are in the squad will hopefully mean a smooth transition plus he will have the experience of Carrick to help him.

Exactly what we need too in the fact that he is a box to box midfielder and will improve us immensely in my opinion. Ok he didn't get into the Spain squad but that is very politically motivated when you see the likes of Casillas and Torres getting game time. 2-3 more good signings and im pretty optimistic we could mount a title challenge

In the same way we could afford Fellaini, doesn't mean it was a good use of money. I'm well aware the club's managers will know the club's financial position. I'm saying I want our resources to be put to the most productive use.

It's not a difficult point I'm trying to make.

Fellaini was obviously not a good use of money. Securing the left back position for the next decade would be very good use of money.

Fellaini was obviously not a good use of money. Securing the left back position for the next decade would be very good use of money.

Not really my point. I'm saying it is understandable that people express concern over transfer fees. I'm not just talking about Shaw, or whoever, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.