View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine turning up to your new club and being shown around by a footballing legend like Sir Bobby! Then again could be worse, you could get Mike Summerbee giving you the brief tour of the Man City trophy corridor.

Back to doing it properly and no cringey bollocks involving a helicopter.

Answers a lot of questions. Can Woodward complete a high-profile signing for an overseas player? Will United splash the cash to improve the squad? Can we attract top-level talent?

Bodes well for other activity.

We need to sign someone that will be able to succeed Carrick now and our midfield will be complete!
i am 90% sure we will sign strootman if he recovers well but unfortunately not this summer.. he is carricks natural succesor.. till that time we either buy another good CM or stick to what we have now, van Gaal will hopefully make wonders with fellaini or cleverley give a chance to pearson, rothwell or someone else or even rooney in midfield... whatever but its great we signed a first choice midfielder!

good to get one in, should calm the muppets down a bit. I think he'll do well for us.

Just a LB, a RB, a winger, a CB and maybe another CM needed now.

I was never over the moon with any of our signings since Ronaldo left. Because I was always worried rather we'd sign a proper midfeilder.

Extremely happy.

good to get one in, should calm the muppets down a bit. I think he'll do well for us.

LB: Shaw
RB: No need
Winger: Sanchez/No need
CB: Vermaelen/No need
Another CM: Carvalho/No need

We're almost good to go!

I don't want fecking Shaw if he costs in excess of £25M, that's just ridiculous.

Very happy with this signing, felt so sorry for the lad after what happened last year and for him to finally sign is great.

Imagine turning up to your new club and being shown around by a footballing legend like Sir Bobby! Then again could be worse, you could get Mike Summerbee giving you the brief tour of the Man City trophy corridor.
Gary Neville wasn't good enough for Aaron Ramsay it's not like he hasn't won every trophy you could and a club legend.

LB: Shaw
RB: No need
Winger: Sanchez/No need
CB: Vermaelen/No need
Another CM: Carvalho/No need

We're almost good to go!

Of course we need a RB. Rafael is a sicknote and we can't put up with Jones or Smalling "doing a job" there anymore.

The idea that we're fine now at CB and at the wing is laughable.

Signing another central midfielder is more urgent than any of those other positions, besides left back. The aforementioned position along with left back are absolutely critical areas to address. I don't think we need a right back, but I agree with the rest of your assessment.

Rejoice!

I work nights so sleep in the day. Looked like a blessing this morning when I found out that Bilbao had rejected our bid. Now I'm gutted I missed out on all the excitement. Oh well, great news to wake up to.

Holy shit! A signing! And a midfield one at that too!

Excited by this, lets see who else we bring in.

Of course we need a RB. Rafael is a sicknote and we can't put up with Jones or Smalling "doing a job" there anymore.

Sure, but it's your opinion. I'm entitled to mine. I'll be baffled if we buy another 4-5 players.

I fear people are fine with Valencia being our back up right back...

What make a last ditch deadline day attempt to buy out somebody's release clause, let some random imposters confuse everything so much the deal collapse, and then finally wrap it up a year later? I see!:wenger:

Well, I was referring to his pursuit in this window only. We did it without much fuss and finally added a CM.

Sorting our back 4 must be priority now. Rafael and one of Jones or Smalling injured and we're screwed and back to playing Carrick as part of the back 4 with Smalling or Jones as RB. The amount of goals we leaked last season was just that bad.

Gary Neville wasn't good enough for Aaron Ramsay it's not like he hasn't won every trophy you could and a club legend.

Wasn't Gary at the time still playing though? Anyway not arguing, you'd have thought even that would have convinced him but never mind.

feck yeah it's official. Finally we have signed a (good) midfielder. Some might have reservations over his quality and what we need but I think because of the type of player he is he will still improve us by quite a bit. Genuinely excited by this.

Is he that good? Never really seen him play but I remember last time we tried to sign him some people questioned whether he was good enough

Delighted. Can't wait to see him play for us.

I think this probably means an end to the careers of Anderson and Fletcher at least.

He must have been so disappointed about last time when the move didn't materialize but it's turned out better signing him now. He probably just had his best season and we now have Van Gaal as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.