View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
With this signing we've already gone from seeing a midfield 3 of Carrick, Fellaini and Mata to Carrick, Herrera and Mata. I still can't believe it, 2 Spanish lads in our midfield. :drool:

Fantastic news. But we mustn't stop there in the midfield department. We need to sign another quality CM too.

Let's sign some German and Dutch players too!

We need to sign someone that will be able to succeed Carrick now and our midfield will be complete!

Announced while the NYSE was open I believe? So we can put that myth to bed.

Indeed, turns out these things get announced whenever the hell they feel like it.

Feck me, turns out there is some football on too!

Someone on Reddit translated his video interview:

"I'd like to say goodbye to the club and my teammates. It has been 3 wonderful years for me, where I've improved and that I have enjoyed very much. I'd also like to really thank all the fans and everyone that is part of Athletic for the way I was treated. I'm really proud to have been part of Athletic's history and it always have a place in my heart. I'm proud to have been able to wore Athletic's jersey, very happy because it was always important to me that I defended Athletic's interests both in and outside of the pitch.

I'm someone that is passionate about football, I really enjoy what I do and excited to join one of the most important clubs in the world and I join them at a time where they are forming a very exciting project where they will fight for everything.

I want to wish the club a lot of luck and also to my teammates, because it is a wonderful group and I'm convinced they will have great success because they deserve all the luck in the world."

Absolutely delighted with this, especially after last year. I felt so sorry for the lad, so he must be absolutely buzzing right now.

Welcome to the club Ander.

Delighted, that is a very promising start to the Van Gaal era! :D

We couldn't have asked for a better start to his reign. Central midfield has been our biggest weakness for around 5 years or more now. At last we've bought somebody worthy of stepping into the shoes of scholsey.

Better late then never though.

Don't know that much about him as a player, but I've got confidence in his personality. Everyone we've heard and seen points to him having the right attitude.

Absolutely buzzing over this signing, De Gea, Mata and Herrera the 3 amigos haha

Nice one..... How much more optimistic are we all feeling this close season to last?

With Van Gaal managing a revamped team, Giggs as assistant, this kind of signing to add to the now settled Juan Mata.

A few more exciting potential signings around the corner, the improving Januzaj, Van Persie etc...

Cant wait for the new season.

BrEc-tCCIAAypYD.jpg:large
This is his carta de despedida on his official twitter account.

BrEc6SOIQAAqdNs.png:large

:drool:

Two Spanish midfielders and a Dutch coach.

Jizzzzzzzzzzz

Welcome Ander!

This summer is already looking better than the last one. We have a midfielder who will ideally make a difference right away. He is very good with the potential to be class. Let's try and develop him into something special.

We couldn't have asked for a better start to his reign. Central midfield has been our biggest weakness for around 5 years or more now. At last we've bought somebody worthy of stepping into the shoes of scholsey.

Better late then never though.

Yep, we can do with a CB now I feel... I was warming to the idea of Vermaelen. I think we could do with a leader, lot of young players there now and after offloading the heart of the defence this summer we could really do with top defender in there now!

Exciting times!

Status
Not open for further replies.