View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
24 million quid apparently, where did the 30 plus million price come from?

Great that this has actually gone through and we can be a lot more confident about next season. I have to confess though that I am not as up to scratch on matters of european football and have not watched much of this lad. I'm sure I fill you all with shame for that. But from what people here are saying, he seems more in line with what we have been pining for. Is he a box-to-box midfielder we have all been screaming for or is he more of a playmaker? I've read some scouting reports that seem to suggest that he has spent most of his season with Bilbao as an AM. I'm sure he'll need to be converted to a straight CM as we have the likes of Kagawa and Rooney occupying that position. But his passing is accurate and he can put in a tackle as well. But there'd be people here more well up on La Liga, particularly the wonderful @jojojo who would have a more accurate assessment of him.

The one thing we need to be wary of is his development with the team which may need a bit of time. It's possible he won't quite fulfil his full potential in his first season and it might prompt some to panic and deem this a bad buy. But hopefully he can at lest have some positive impact initially.

Good signing. A proper partner for him and we're in business.

Ander Herrera said: "Signing for Manchester United is a dream come true. I have played at Old Trafford for Athletic Club in the UEFA Europa League and it was one of the highlights of my career so far. I have joined United to do all I can to help the team reach the club's objectives. Having arrived on Tuesday, I’m excited to now be living in Manchester and I can’t wait for my first game in United’s famous red shirt. I will never forget my time with Athletic Club and I’d like to thank the fans and staff for all their support and, above all, wish all my fantastic former team-mates all the best for the future."

Excellent. Seems like a great lad and I'm sure he'll do well here.

Hopefully he's the first of many signings this summer.

24 million quid apparently, where did the 30 plus million price come from?

Is that it? I thought it was 36m in Euros, about £28.8m. I think some of the confusion was over the currency used when quoting the price.

Excited to see him in action. Don't know a lot about him but he is a Spanish midfielder, what could possibly go wrong?

Ander Herrera said:
Signing for Manchester United is a dream come true. I have played at Old Trafford for Athletic Club in the UEFA Europa League and it was one of the highlights of my career so far. I have joined United to do all I can to help the team reach the club's objectives. Having arrived on Tuesday, I’m excited to now be living in Manchester and I can’t wait for my first game in United’s famous red shirt. I will never forget my time with Athletic Club and I’d like to thank the fans and staff for all their support and, above all, wish all my fantastic former team-mates all the best for the future."

How class is that statement?

Welcome Ander!!! @Ish84045 You must be over the moon buddy, you've been wanting him since last year
Hahaha, of course.

Bit of a fanboy if I say so myself.

Can't believe we pulled it off. Thought the deal was dead last season for sure, especially with Moyes gone. LvG must have really wanted him if we paid the buy out clause (which Moyes didn't) & passed up on Cesc (allegedly).

Chuffed.

Fabregas and Kroos were a smokescreen for Herrera. :) I hope he writes just "Ander" on his shirt.

Ander Herrera: "Signing for Manchester United is a dream come true. I can’t wait for my first game in United’s famous red shirt."

Status
Not open for further replies.