View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I thought he would be a good signng, just the type of all round midfielder we need. Ok, it's only LA Galaxy, but it's a positive start! He's a signing that has sort of gone under the radar in the wider football world as well.

Interesting that he essentially played in the no.10 role the second half. Think LVG will end up playing him in a few midfield roles this season.

Interesting that he essentially played in the no.10 role the second half. Think LVG will end up playing him in a few midfield roles this season.

I'm not sure if I want to see that too often though. Our central midfield is still too weak to be moving Herrera around and we've plenty of attacking midfield options.

I'm not sure if I want to see that too often though. Our central midfield is still too weak to be moving Herrera around and we've plenty of attacking midfield options.

True, though, depending on who we sign he could be used in a deeper role as well as playing box to box on occasions.

I think he moved Herrera further forward to assess our other midfielders.

Diego Costa looks like Trog from Sinbad Eye of the Tiger.

eye+of+tiger+26.jpg

Looking at the highlights for the goals and holy hell he was immense. Serving them on a plate.

Can't wait to watch my download of the whole game later.

This is just what top CM's do these days, we've been starved of one for years and years we'd forgotten what one looked like. He's going to be quality, but nothing we didn't already know in this match.

A few weeks ago i said that Herrera was more a passer than a runner. And he showed that today.

Last edited:
this was a really good midfield performance and of course compared to what we are used to, the difference is immense. What the fecking hell could we expect if Vidal really joins :drool::drool::drool:

A back 5, then Vidal, Herrera, Mata, Rooney and van Persie would do the rest ;-)

Please tell me there's a highlights reel somewhere, I don't think I fully appreciated Herrera last night since I stayed up until 6 AM and got really tired.

Just watch the video, look a good performance - Something we've not seen from a Manchester United midfielder for a while, would be great to have someone on similar level of skill/mindset next to him, a Vidal type midfielder. I didn't watch the game but read comments of the game and you just get the feeling sticking our current crop of shite midfielders next to him really exposes just how limited they are and that's how it sounded with Fletcher playing next to him yesterday.

My god, what a player! Sometimes I do think football is just too simple.
That's what great players do, they make football look easy. If Herrera did that last night then its a sign of his ability. I think xavi was one of the best examples of a player that I have seen make the game look easy. He pretty much never lost the ball no matter how much pressure he was under and at the same time would always find space to receive the ball.

He looked absolutely class last night. Those assists were just... :drool::drool:

Can't wait to see him in the new season.

Just watched the match and he was brilliant, he really was. What an improvement to our midfield he looks to be. When I compare that to Fellaini...feck my life.

Seriously, said it last night and I'll say it again, for his sake, we really need another midfielder, would be so unfortunate if he couldn't properly be appreciated because he was dragged down by the dross surrounding him

Fair enough, but I don't think Herrera really needs a mobile partner, especially with a number 10 in front of them. Scholes - Carrick worked pretty well, and I wouldn't say either were mobile...

They worked then, but this is 2014 where midfields are being packed and 4-4-2 is being overwhelemed. CM"s are expected to cover lots of space.

I get the feeling to get the absolute maximum from him we're gonna need a 3 man midfield with a proper holding mid. Someone like mario suarez would be a great signing for us.

Absolutely awesome in his first game for us. Had most of his quality out there for people to see. Classy passer of the ball and wonderful technically. He's got that zidanesque feel about him. Our strikers need to start making proper runs as we finally have a player that can get the ball to them. Also showed off some of his passing range.

Seriously, said it last night and I'll say it again, for his sake, we really need another midfielder, would be so unfortunate if he couldn't properly be appreciated because he was dragged down by the dross surrounding him
Agree, it's very important we bring in another quality midfielder.

This alone should demonstrate to everyone that Van Gaal knows what he's doing. If it's true he wanted Herrera over Kroos then you can see why now. If he trusts players within the squad to perform at the highest level, then you can trust him in that judgement, too. Whoever we sign between now and the end of the summer will be a bonus.

This alone should demonstrate to everyone that Van Gaal knows what he's doing. If it's true he wanted Herrera over Kroos then you can see why now. If he trusts players within the squad to perform at the highest level, then you can trust him in that judgement, too. Whoever we sign between now and the end of the summer will be a bonus.
This!

That's what great players do, they make football look easy. If Herrera did that last night then its a sign of his ability. I think xavi was one of the best examples of a player that I have seen make the game look easy. He pretty much never lost the ball no matter how much pressure he was under and at the same time would always find space to receive the ball.
Agree. He reminded us of what a through ball would look like. The poor forgotten thing in the United land. I can only hope that he stays injury free.

Agree. He reminded us of what a through ball would look like. The poor forgotten thing in the United land. I can only hope that he stays injury free.
I think his only been injured twice when at Bilbao so that's a positive, but we do need another midfielder because if he gets injured we're fecked.

I think his only been injured twice when at Bilbao so that's a positive, but we do need another midfielder because if he gets injured we're fecked.
Exactly, somebody earlier said oh we don't need another midfielder because Fletcher has looked solid, and Herrera is quality. Well if either of those get suspended or injured we are suddenly having a huge drop of quality.

Best part about it is he's only 24, going on 25 next month we'll easily get at least 7 year of top service out of him.

What's his injury record like? the worst thing that could possibly happen is him getting injured along with Carrick. It makes me depressed just thinking about it.

Exactly, somebody earlier said oh we don't need another midfielder because Fletcher has looked solid, and Herrera is quality. Well if either of those get suspended or injured we are suddenly having a huge drop of quality.
Yep. If Herrera was to get injured you can't expect Cleverley to reach Herrera's standard.

What's his injury record like? the worst thing that could possibly happen is him getting injured along with Carrick. It makes me depressed just thinking about it.

I don't really know but from the looks of his match history it doesn't look like he's had any serious injuries since he made it at Zaragoza 7 seasons ago.

Ah man don't say that...

...Although Herrera's going to need a lot of protection this season. Other teams will know how big of a difference Herrera can make for us, and they will kick the tar out of him if the referees allow them to. Everyone we play against will try and 'stop' Herrera, fairly or unfairly they won't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.