View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please... let's not turn this into a Moyes bashing thread. I've looked a lot into this and there is no substantial proof to suggest Moyes didn't want Herrera.

Staying on topic: I can't believe someone on here said he is the spanish cleverly!

Too late I'm afraid, the Moyes bashers have been out in force this morning. No doubt his name will crop up time and again as soon as LVG loses his first game....all bodes well doesn't it?

He's exactly what we've been lacking last few years. No more zombie passing with him in charge. :)
His style reminds me a bit of Modrić.

Please... let's not turn this into a Moyes bashing thread. I've looked a lot into this and there is no substantial proof to suggest Moyes didn't want Herrera.

Staying on topic: I can't believe someone on here said he is the spanish cleverly!
Agreed with that bolded bit but what I said wasn't really Moyes bashing, was it? I simply said he wasn't good enough, which is true. But yea, not the thread or topic etc.

I'm a huge Herrera fan, so was always a bit pissed when we pulled out of that deal. But bygones. Who said he was the Spanish Cleverley? :lol: The Caf sometimes, ey.

He's exactly what we've been lacking last few years. No more zombie passing with him in charge. :)
His style reminds me a bit of Modrić.
I don't he has Modric's range of passing but they do have similar traits.

Agreed with that bolded bit but what I said wasn't really Moyes bashing, was it? I simply said he wasn't good enough, which is true. But yea, not the thread or topic etc.

I'm a huge Herrera fan, so was always a bit pissed when we pulled out of that deal. But bygones. Who said he was the Spanish Cleverley? :lol: The Caf sometimes, ey.

I know... it was the day we signed him. I hadn't seen much of him and I also got disappointed by that comment! But seems like it's the opposite!

Anyone think he has an outside chance of being made captain? I remember van Gaal made Strootman captain despite barely featuring for Holland before his appointment.

Ander would make an excellent captain TBF. Always had a bit of Keanesque winner aggression in him at Zaragoza and Bilbao. That said he's too green right now even for an extremist like Van Gaal. :D

Anyone think he has an outside chance of being made captain? I remember van Gaal made Strootman captain despite barely featuring for Holland before his appointment.
His a good shout and has the mentality to do so, but given he was just signed I can't realistically see him being appointed captain or even in the running to be honest.

Great performance and a complete midfield performance

Stick Vidal next to him and we will dominate teams

Javi Martinez. Reunite the Basque brothers..

To be fair he probably is the Spanish equivelant of Cleverley - but that shows the differences between our two national teams.

To be fair he probably is the Spanish equivelant of Cleverley - but that shows the differences between our two national teams.

Pretty much and it speaks to Pep's comments years back regarding Wilshere as well

Herrera is a quality player, no doubt. Plus, I think his personality will be perfect for the Premiership

Has anyone else formed a massive man crush on this guy?

It's becoming a bit of an issue now, we've got Goggs, Mata, Van Persie and now Herrera who are all complete man crush material.

A man crush is only made ok by it's rarity. This is becoming a bit gay. Sorta hoping we go for De Jong now rather than Vidal or I'm going to end up on annual marches in Brighton.

:lol:

I know... it was the day we signed him. I hadn't seen much of him and I also got disappointed by that comment! But seems like it's the opposite!
Absolutely. He's got all the key elements we've missed since Scholes' prime. Proper box to box player with enough skill and ability at both ends of the pitch.

He's almost a Fabregas (in CM)/Modric hybrid in midfield, if I had to compare his skillset.

Happy reading lads!

Nice way to start the day, can't wait to see some footage later.

A proper midfielder.

J0LD

It's only against LA Galaxy but he's looked impressive. He did used to play Barcelona and Real Madrid at least twice every season though... I'll be ecstatic if he carries this performance onto big games.

Some of his best performances have been against Barcelona and Madrid so I'd have no worries about is big-game mentality. In fact you'd probably struggle to find a poor performance against Barca in his career.

Even when you isolate his performances and disregard the opposition, you'll find him a truly enjoyable midfielder to watch. Movement, passing and vision is very good for the level his playing at and his stamina is outstanding as well.

very, very promising debut! A performance close to that at PL level would be fantastic!

I'm so glad we signed him, he's top class. I can't actually believe there were people claiming he can't be that good cause he has no caps and saying we overpaid. He'll be a crowd favourite in no time.

I'm so glad we signed him, he's top class. I can't actually believe there were people claiming he can't be that good cause he has no caps and we overpaid. He'll be a crowd favourite in no time.
Cause Barca or Madrid weren't interested innit.

Why do i like the sound of Cleverley alongside Herrera? I just feel Cleverley deserves a chance next to some quality midfielders that want to play the same game as he does. And ye...I love this kid. He is a footballer with a brain!!! Humble, intelligent, bags of quality. Will see angles on the pitch. I am so pleased we got him instead of Cesc

He was absolutely majestic today. Hope he performs well in the coming few matches and goes into the season in good form. He was good in the first half but wasn't too adventurous with his runs forward, given he was in a midfield 2 with Fletcher who was rather disappointing. His movement off the ball, ball retention, dictating of play and long-range passing were terrific but it seemed as though he couldn't make as much of an impact as he would have liked in the final third. It was a different story in the second half where he played as the most advanced midfielder and really shone with his penetrating runs and brilliant through balls. With a proper holding midfielder or Vidal alongside him, he would be even better as a number 8 while still making a considerable impact in the final third with his driving runs and penetrating balls. Might be overstating things but it looks like we got a hybrid of Scholes and Keane in one, judging by that performance alone :D.

Gross exaggeration, it was a random rumour that never had any life to it

Fair enough, but I remember a lot of reports saying that you wanted to bring him in when Fabregas leaves. I wouldn't have been surprised if there was something to them considering how well he always played against you.

Fair enough, but I remember a lot of reports saying that you wanted to bring him in when Fabregas leaves. I wouldn't have been surprised if there was something to them considering how well he always played against you.
Midfielders are strange when it comes to Barcelona. Herrera would have been to direct to suit them, they would have been better off going for Kroos.

How is he the Spanish equivalent of Tom? His passing and movement. His close control. His ability to remain calm under pressure and find a pass. The ability to run with the ball and then make those amazing through balls. All of these are miles ahead of Cleverley. Just because both do some things which a footballer can does not make them anything remotely similar in terms of style or ability.

Wow absolutely fantastic performance by Ander tonight!! He is a great player, early days but by god what a breath of fresh air he is!

Here you go guys...

What kind of music even is this? Is it a real thing? Do people actually go places to listen to it? Can we bomb those places? Or perhaps trap people inside whilst fumigating it? It sounds like happy hardcore filtered through 90s japanese computer game music. Or the Care Bears gon' raving. Why are people who make compilation videos without fail incapable of putting good music on things? Is it some kind of disorder?

Last edited:
I don't he has Modric's range of passing but they do have similar traits.

From what little I have seen of Ander, he may not have Modric's passing range but his passing is more incisive than Luka.

From what little I have seen of Ander, he may not have Modric's passing range but his passing is more incisive than Luka.
Hmm maybe, Ander likes to attack more than Modric though who seems to be playing deeper these days. I remember a stat that said Ander played the most or second most accurate through balls in La Liga last season so you probably are right.

Why do i like the sound of Cleverley alongside Herrera? I just feel Cleverley deserves a chance next to some quality midfielders that want to play the same game as he does. And ye...I love this kid. He is a footballer with a brain!!! Humble, intelligent, bags of quality. Will see angles on the pitch. I am so pleased we got him instead of Cesc
Completely agree! Cesc who? I think he had the best years ahead of him as well!! Very exciting for us fans!

What kind of music even is this? Is it a real thing? Do people actually go places to listen to it? Can we bomb those places? Or perhaps trap people inside whilst fumigating it? It sounds like happy hardcore filtered through 90s japanese computer game music. Or the Care Bears gon' raving. Why are people who make compilation videos without fail incapable of putting good music on things? Is it some kind of disorder?

:lol: Yeah it gave me a headache within 5 seconds.

Mute, mute, mute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.