View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Galaxy were playing yesterday with their suicidally high line, I don't think you can read much into any through balls Ander played last night.

How often would you get a situation like the one above in the Premier League? Hardly ever.

Still a very good performance from AH, mind you.
All the time when you're counter attacking. Silva at City, Mata during his time at Chelsea, Liverpool all over their squad score from countless of these types of through balls. We used to as well during our Champions league winning campaign.

You should have ordered this morning before 8am as the UTD megastore had a glitch'online and was selling the new shirt for £22 I've ordered the Herrera shirt which cost me just under £31 delivered!!!
That's brilliant! I always miss stuff like this!

Pereira needs to consistantly find a teammate which he doesn't currently. Ander is playing whatever balls are on, safe ones, quick ones, one touch ones, one twos when needed but when the defence is backing off him he's looking to play the killer passes to put teammates through

Pereira is trying to play the the killer ball as much as possible and sometimes its just not on for him or its a ridiculously hard pass to pull off and he's not able to make it.

Pereira also has a much better shot imo. But in terms of technical ability and taking the ball into their feet or beating a man I'd say yes there are similarities.

Pereira is more of a dribbler who can run with the ball, shimmy and beat a few players etc.. and also has a better shot. Herrera's passing is much better and Passing isn't the strongest suit so far like that for Pereira.

Just watched the match as i couldn't see it last night and Herrera was awesome, i mean really, really good. If we could just get someone like Vidal next to him, we would be a real force next season imo.

Slotted in like he's been a United player for years. A round peg for a round midfield sized hole.

he is already better than anyone we have in midfield because our board and ex managers fecked up big time. you just have to wonder what the feck were Fergie and Moyes doing :wenger: luckily, those days are over. now, if we could bring Vidal too...
Amazing wasn't it?

You have to think how much could we have won with Fergie in the latter years if he had just signed a quality midfielder. I think we settled for just the Premier League towards the end. Spoilt but true.

Finished watching my download of the full match and he just bossed the entire game. His first touch is superb and his ability to make space for himself is impressive. None of our CM's are anywhere near his level, which makes me believe we can do far better even for squad players there.

I have to say though that massive 'Ander Herrera' looks daft on the back of his shirt. A. Herrera would be better.

I love his attitude. I will admit that last year this time, I was underwhelmed when we tried to sign him after failing with Thiago and Cesc. A 24 year old who has never had a sniff with the NT, no other clubs showed any interest. But a small part of me inside had a feeling that if our scouts were this determined to get him, they must see something in him. Glad they were right.

Finished watching my download of the full match and he just bossed the entire game. His first touch is superb and his ability to make space for himself is impressive. None of our CM's are anywhere near his level, which makes me believe we can do far better even for squad players there.

I have to say though that massive 'Ander Herrera' looks daft on the back of his shirt. A. Herrera would be better.

Ye they need to change that it looks a bit ridiculous!

WHAT!!!???
I don't know why I thought that. Maybe its your username. Y2A. Either I confused your name with YAWN or I confused you with another poster. My bad either way!

Edit: Why won't it show up as You Never Walk Alone initials? Its shows up as YAWN.

I don't know why I thought that. Maybe its your username. Y2A. Either I confused your name with YAWN or I confused you with another poster. My bad either way!

Edit: Why won't it show up as You Never Walk Alone initials? Its shows up as YAWN.
My username is probabaly the most unoriginal. Just the initials of my name -y, fathers name - y and surname - A.:(

Fantastic performance. Great mobility and passing.

Our next big CM signing should probably be someone who can pass, sit deep and put out fires to pair with him, whether it's 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 or whatever.

Sadly didn't get to watch the game last night but fantastic to hear he played so well, he seems so well suited to us that it's an effort to stay ground about the effect he could have on the team. Delighted we were able to make it happen after last summer's shambles.

It is amazing Moyes thought signing fellaini ahead of herrera

He wanted to sign Herrera, but it's never easy to get players from his club. He tried to get a lot of midfielder and ended up with a desperate solution. Things might have not have ended yet for Moyes if he could have signed two or three great player (and Herrera was on that list).

The past is the past, and I'm very happy with us having both Herrera and LvG.

Cant remember a United player in the last years wearing his first and last name on the shirt. I dont have a problem with it, i just thought he would adapt and just put his surname there, but he kept his old printing. They have him temporary as Herrera there, which looks better imo. In the store i cant put more than 10 characters on the back of the shirt, wonder why they set the limit to 10.

You have to think how much could we have won with Fergie in the latter years if he had just signed a quality midfielder. I think we settled for just the Premier League towards the end. Spoilt but true.

If SAF has spent the 80m on Modric and ribery he/we would have a few more champions league titles to his name...but especially at the end he had us winning despite the players, not because of them.

He wanted to sign Herrera, but it's never easy to get players from his club. He tried to get a lot of midfielder and ended up with a desperate solution. Things might have not have ended yet for Moyes if he could have signed two or three great player (and Herrera was on that list).

The past is the past, and I'm very happy with us having both Herrera and LvG.

nah...Moyes was defeatist through his sound bites practially from the beginning. He'd never won anything. None of the players were going to have the "belief" through his team talks or vision. United needed someone proven, a winner and a bloody minded one at that in order to keep the faith of the team or at least them feel a bit more secure about the future. LVG gives us that. Doesn't guarantee any success, but we are definitely going to play much more exciting football this season, whatever happens. It's in LVG's dna...

If he weren't just joining us, he'd be an obvious captain material. Involved in everything positive, great passing, great movement, brave, first touch immaculate..

Agree with the question marks over what the f we've been allowing to happen to our midfield in the last few years. I don't think it's as simple as SAF being stubborn. The Glazers were a presumably a factor, not to say that we couldn't have bought a 15-20m midfielder who'd immediately improve us.

I was sat watching the game pondering what our team would be like with one or two more Ander Herraras.

Good start to his United career. Some lovely short and long passes he also played a few in to score and got some assists. I like the way he put himself about the middle of the pitch as well.

If he weren't just joining us, he'd be an obvious captain material. Involved in everything positive, great passing, great movement, brave, first touch immaculate..

Agree with the question marks over what the f we've been allowing to happen to our midfield in the last few years. I don't think it's as simple as SAF being stubborn. The Glazers were a presumably a factor, not to say that we couldn't have bought a 15-20m midfielder who'd immediately improve us.

I was sat watching the game pondering what our team would be like with one or two more Ander Herraras.

Our midfield problems the last few years have nothing to do with the Glazer or SAF being stubborn and everything to do with bad luck.

We signed Hargreaves only for to turn out to be extremely injury prone
We signed Anderson, he turned out to be a bust.
We had a fee accepted for Ramsey only for him to turn us down.
Fletcher comes to down with a career threatening illness
We signed Pogba only for him to leave just before breaking into the first team

That's just a good ol' fashion run of bad luck. Even if just two of those things went our way, say Ramsey signing and Pogba staying or Fletcher not getting sick and Pogba staying we would've been fine in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.