View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give him number 7. He's the player who can make the difference next season, imo.

I think cleverley is more than good enough to be his back up. Van gaal's style is right up his alley and I expect him to improve. Any team can expect a drop in quality when/if a 30 million pound star midfielder gets injured.

Ah man don't say that...

...Although Herrera's going to need a lot of protection this season. Other teams will know how big of a difference Herrera can make for us, and they will kick the tar out of him if the referees allow them to. Everyone we play against will try and 'stop' Herrera, fairly or unfairly they won't care.

And the problem is that he will replicate, he doesn't like being bullied.

I think cleverley is more than good enough to be his back up. Van gaal's style is right up his alley and I expect him to improve. Any team can expect a drop in quality when/if a 30 million pound star midfielder gets injured.
Look like kagawa might be his backup moreso than cleverley if we are looking for the same type of ball movement. Cleverley looks like a scott parker type of player who is mostly influential via his high work ethic. It will be a huge drop going from herrera to cleverly in this box to box role. Albeit, Kagawa is not a box to box midfielder, his movement is very similiar to Herrera.

Cleverley was totally anonymous in the second half. If he could stay fit and play in the system, Anderson would be a better choice as back up (although, as neither condition is likely to be met, we probably need to buy someone).

He did very well, personally I prefer him as a B 2 B midfielder rather than a 10 but I know he has played a variety of roles at Bilbao, now to get in some more quality.

Cleverley was totally anonymous in the second half. If he could stay fit and play in the system, Anderson would be a better choice as back up (although, as neither condition is likely to be met, we probably need to buy someone).

Oh God no. :lol:

I want that waste of a footballer gone as soon as possible.

he is already better than anyone we have in midfield because our board and ex managers fecked up big time. you just have to wonder what the feck were Fergie and Moyes doing :wenger: luckily, those days are over. now, if we could bring Vidal too...

New midfielder Ander Herrera believes Manchester United’s current players share the same passion and determination as Eric Cantona.

Spaniard Herrera, 24, shone on his pre-season debut as Louis van Gaal’s side thrashed LA Galaxy 7-0 in California on Wednesday.

Herrera revealed Cantona, who won four titles in five years at Old Trafford, is an inspiration to him both as a player and a character, and that the rest of the squad see the charismatic Frenchman in the same light.

"I liked Cantona’s character, he was a winner and always worked hard, Herrera said.

“He never lost one ball and was always thinking about the victory. This group of players has those same characteristics. We always want to win, we want to play well for the Man United supporters.

“Of course, he had personality too."

Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and youngster Reece James both scored twice, with Danny Welbeck bagging the other, as United thrived in Van Gaal’s new-look 3-5-2 formation.

But, speaking to MUTV, Herrera warned: “Let's not forget this is a friendly and we still have many things to improve on.

“We are happy with the result but our coach is a very demanding coach. He won't let us sit back and relax.

“He always looks for perfection and for that reason he is ideal for a club that always looks to achieve the greatest things.”

Herrera’s Spain international team-mate Juan Mata also featured in the win before United flew to Denver ahead of their second Guinness International Cup game against Roma on Saturday.

And the former Chelsea attacker was full of praise for Herrera after an impressive first showing.

Mata said: "He is a great player and he showed that in the match. I am very happy for him. We have a good connection on and off the pitch.

“I have known about him for a while from our days with the Spanish national youth teams and he was very good against Galaxy.”

he is already better than anyone we have in midfield because our board and ex managers fecked up big time. you just have to wonder what the feck were Fergie and Moyes doing :wenger: luckily, those days are over. now, if we could bring Vidal too...
Well, Fergie was walking the league with ease.

New midfielder Ander Herrera believes Manchester United’s current players share the same passion and determination as Eric Cantona.

Spaniard Herrera, 24, shone on his pre-season debut as Louis van Gaal’s side thrashed LA Galaxy 7-0 in California on Wednesday.

Herrera revealed Cantona, who won four titles in five years at Old Trafford, is an inspiration to him both as a player and a character, and that the rest of the squad see the charismatic Frenchman in the same light.

"I liked Cantona’s character, he was a winner and always worked hard, Herrera said.

“He never lost one ball and was always thinking about the victory. This group of players has those same characteristics. We always want to win, we want to play well for the Man United supporters.

Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and youngster Reece James both scored twice, with Danny Welbeck bagging the other, as United thrived in Van Gaal’s new-look 3-5-2 formation.

But, speaking to MUTV, Herrera warned: “Let's not forget this is a friendly and we still have many things to improve on.

“We are happy with the result but our coach is a very demanding coach. He won't let us sit back and relax.

“He always looks for perfection and for that reason he is ideal for a club that always looks to achieve the greatest things.”

Herrera’s Spain international team-mate Juan Mata also featured in the win before United flew to Denver ahead of their second Guinness International Cup game against Roma on Saturday.

And the former Chelsea attacker was full of praise for Herrera after an impressive first showing.

Mata said: "He is a great player and he showed that in the match. I am very happy for him. We have a good connection on and off the pitch.

“I have known about him for a while from our days with the Spanish national youth teams and he was very good against Galaxy.”

I love it. Does anyone who where we can watch the video of this?

WTF is wrong with our Spaniards. Players aren't supposed to be this likeable.. :D

I can't wait to find out what number he's playing in the new season! I'm buying his shirt he's impressed me that much! :D
You should have ordered this morning before 8am as the UTD megastore had a glitch'online and was selling the new shirt for £22 I've ordered the Herrera shirt which cost me just under £31 delivered!!!

The way Galaxy were playing yesterday with their suicidally high line, I don't think you can read much into any through balls Ander played last night.

How often would you get a situation like the one above in the Premier League? Hardly ever.

Still a very good performance from AH, mind you.

The way Galaxy were playing yesterday with their suicidally high line, I don't think you can read much into any through balls Ander played last night.

How often would you get a situation like the one above in the Premier League? Hardly ever. Still a very good performance, mind you.
It's a shame Villas-Boas is gone. Herrera would bag himself 10 assists over two games against his high line. :D

You should have ordered this morning before 8am as the UTD megastore had a glitch'online and was selling the new shirt for £22 I've ordered the Herrera shirt which cost me just under £31 delivered!!!

did the same, but would be surprised if they dispatch the shirts. Especially the Herrera ones will be dispatched in August when the numbers are confirmed. Plenty of time for them to find something legally stopping the sales. Should have gone for Mata and express delivery.

did the same, but would be surprised if they dispatch the shirts. Especially the Herrera ones will be dispatched in August when the numbers are confirmed. Plenty of time for them to find something legally stopping the sales. Should have gone for Mata and express delivery.

Missed out on this but apparently United are going to honour all sales

He was superb to watch. I thought he was a very good player when we signed him but never believed he was THAT good. He had pretty much everything in him. Maybe I'm getting over excited by it because of the crap which was served last season. Unbelievable start , worth waking up early ;)

where did you get that from?
BtUSgSsCYAIHdjl.jpg

Agreed with that bolded bit but what I said wasn't really Moyes bashing, was it? I simply said he wasn't good enough, which is true. But yea, not the thread or topic etc.

I'm a huge Herrera fan, so was always a bit pissed when we pulled out of that deal. But bygones. Who said he was the Spanish Cleverley? :lol: The Caf sometimes, ey.
moyes bashing can go as far as just making a comparison between now and last season and including moyes in the sentence

Am I the only one who thinks that Pereira is a bit similair in style of play?

Our Pereira you mean? Kind of, but he's a bit more of a dribbler and less of a passer. And, at the moment, more of an impact player but much less consistent. He does have the same quality of looking comfortable as both a tempo-setting CM and a creative AM.

Am I the only one who thinks that Pereira is a bit similair in style of play?

Pereira needs to consistantly find a teammate which he doesn't currently. Ander is playing whatever balls are on, safe ones, quick ones, one touch ones, one twos when needed but when the defence is backing off him he's looking to play the killer passes to put teammates through

Pereira is trying to play the the killer ball as much as possible and sometimes its just not on for him or its a ridiculously hard pass to pull off and he's not able to make it.

Pereira also has a much better shot imo. But in terms of technical ability and taking the ball into their feet or beating a man I'd say yes there are similarities.

Cantona. The gift that keeps on giving :devil:

Pereira needs to consistantly find a teammate which he doesn't currently. Ander is playing whatever balls are on, safe ones, quick ones, one touch ones, one twos when needed but when the defence is backing off him he's looking to play the killer passes to put teammates through

Pereira is trying to play the the killer ball as much as possible and sometimes its just not on for him or its a ridiculously hard pass to pull off and he's not able to make it.

Pereira also has a much better shot imo. But in terms of technical ability and taking the ball into their feet or beating a man I'd say yes there are similarities.
Thanks, and is Petrucci similair? (just asking, dont think he will make it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.