View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of music even is this? Is it a real thing? Do people actually go places to listen to it? Can we bomb those places? Or perhaps trap people inside whilst fumigating it? It sounds like happy hardcore filtered through 90s japanese computer game music. Or the Care Bears gon' raving. Why are people who make compilation videos without fail incapable of putting good music on things? Is it some kind of disorder?

Welcome to middle age, grandad.

When we look back at this signing in five years, it could prove a bargain. He's still very young for a midfielder.

Hard not to get carried away after that performance, keep reminding myself it was a pre season friendly. Very promising however.

He looked absolutely amazing. But you have to remember it's only a preseason friendly against players nowhere close to the quality of the Premier League.

It goes to show how much of an idiot Moyes was by not buying him and lumping the money on Fellaini instead.

Welcome to middle age, grandad.

I go raving. I love a bit of raving. But this is mental 13 year old Japanese girl rave music. It's a loading screen from PES6 gone rogue. It's the musical embodiment of a Slush Puppie brain freeze. It's evil.

Last edited:
Hard not to get carried away after that performance, keep reminding myself it was a pre season friendly. Very promising however.
I know what you mean!! I am beaming from ear to ear, it feels like it did when SAF was in charge, in terms of not worrying about losing. If we lost under SAF the team moved on and bounced back and I didn't worry. It feels the same way here. Last year I hated and detested every match day. Onwards and upwards!

I go raving. I love a bit of raving. But this is mental 13 year old Japanese girl rave music. It's a loading screen from PES6 gone rogue. It's the musical embodiment of a Slush Puppie brain freeze. It's evil.

Don't get me wrong, it's awful. But you'll find yourself repulsed, frightened and confused by music more and more often from here on in. It's pretty much my default reaction nowadays.

Agreed with that bolded bit but what I said wasn't really Moyes bashing, was it? I simply said he wasn't good enough, which is true. But yea, not the thread or topic etc.

I'm a huge Herrera fan, so was always a bit pissed when we pulled out of that deal. But bygones. Who said he was the Spanish Cleverley? :lol: The Caf sometimes, ey.

I feel like people need to just understand, every good performance etc just serves to remind us how far back and how badly Moyes's set up was. I will never forgive Moyes for last season, and yes, I blame him the most!

Spare a thought for Chelsea who played a team from Austria yesterday that finished 5th in the Austrian Bundesliga and only managed a draw.:D

Don't get me wrong, it's awful. But you'll find yourself repulsed, frightened and confused by music more and more often from here on in. It's pretty much my default reaction nowadays.

I think music reached its zenith with Saturday Night by Whigfield. It's been in sharp decline ever since.

He was class. The best thing about him was he was able to take the ball under pressure, turn and play a forward pass. We haven't had a midfielder like that in years.

I can't wait to find out what number he's playing in the new season! I'm buying his shirt he's impressed me that much! :D

Why do i like the sound of Cleverley alongside Herrera? I just feel Cleverley deserves a chance next to some quality midfielders that want to play the same game as he does. And ye...I love this kid. He is a footballer with a brain!!! Humble, intelligent, bags of quality. Will see angles on the pitch. I am so pleased we got him instead of Cesc

Completely agree! Cesc who? I think he had the best years ahead of him as well!! Very exciting for us fans!

From what little I have seen of Ander, he may not have Modric's passing range but his passing is more incisive than Luka.

He's played one pre-season game against a shit midfield, lads. He was excellent, couldn't have done more, but let's not get carried away and start proclaiming that he's better than Modric and Fabregas. That's RAWKish. At least give him a full season before we start that sort of thing.

Just enjoy his performance for what it was.

/grumpysod (sorry)

He's played one pre-season game against a shit midfield, lads. He was excellent, couldn't have done more, but let's not get carried away and start proclaiming that he's better than Modric and Fabregas. That's RAWKish. At least give him a full season before we start that sort of thing.

/grumpysod (sorry)
Come on let us have this bit of excited ness, please! :lol:

I can't wait to find out what number he's playing in the new season! I'm buying his shirt he's impressed me that much! :D
I'd imagine he'd stick with 21. That was his number when at Bilbao, and Henriquez will likely be loaned out freeing up the number.

Based on that performance, i'd say he walks straight into our first XI.

Question is: What kind of formation and midfield partners would suit him best? Not saying we should bend over backwards to accommodate him, but our midfield have been screaming for an overhaul for years, and Carrick isn't exactly getting any younger.

/grumpysod (sorry)

I was talking about his passing in general. Not just his passing against LA Galaxy. He is more incisive than Luka, though Luka's ability to dictate play from deep is better.

Question is: What kind of formation and midfield partners would suit him best? Not saying we should bend over backwards to accommodate him, but our midfield have been screaming for an overhaul for years, and Carrick isn't exactly getting any younger.

I don't think that was ever in doubt rather he played a stormer or not. Our midfield is fecking shite.

Just a more defensive partner that can cover him a little, but still goes forward. So basically Vidal. :smirk:

/grumpysod (sorry)
I've seen him play brilliant against Barca and Madrid aswell. His performance earlier was something I expected from him, he's going to get better and better as the season progresses.

Through balls, through balls and more through balls.

God, I've missed them from our midfield, its hard not to get carried away after that performance - he was class.

So impressed with him. His energy, vision, passing were all great but what a huge relief to see one of our midfielders running and carrying the ball. I can't remember the last time I saw this. Hopefully the days of 5 yard sideways passes and standing still are over.

So impressed with him. His energy, vision, passing were all great but what a huge relief to see one of our midfielders running and carrying the ball. I can't remember the last time I say this. Hopefully the days of 5 yard sideways passes and standing still are over.

Anderson carried the ball at times, but that'd result in him being fecked for the remainder of the game. Also, he did absolutely nothing at the end of the runs, but was praised because he ran with it for a while.

Thank feck we've signed an actual midfielder.

So impressed with him. His energy, vision, passing were all great but what a huge relief to see one of our midfielders running and carrying the ball. I can't remember the last time I saw this. Hopefully the days of 5 yard sideways passes and standing still are over.

Probably Giggs in the second half of 2010-11.

How is he the Spanish equivalent of Tom? His passing and movement. His close control. His ability to remain calm under pressure and find a pass. The ability to run with the ball and then make those amazing through balls. All of these are miles ahead of Cleverley. Just because both do some things which a footballer can does not make them anything remotely similar in terms of style or ability.

You missed my point, I meant in what they represent within their nations. Both are on the fringes of the NT, both are seen as future prospects, both creative midfielders, similiar ages.

My point is that Spain have a wealth of talent, to the extent that Herrera is the Spanish cleverley.

Anyway, was just a throw away comment.

You missed my point, I meant in what they represent within their nations. Both are on the fringes of the NT, both are seen as future prospects, both creative midfielders, similiar ages.

My point is that Spain have a wealth of talent, to the extent that Herrera is the Spanish cleverley.

In that case, I actually did miss your point :p

Their situation was nothing alike. One got into their NT because he plays for a big club, one didn't get into his because he played for a small one.

Status
Not open for further replies.