View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how different last season would have been with Herrera instead of Fellaini.

Still would have been a terrible season. No amount of quality players can compensate for a sub par manager, at least not at our level.

I wonder how different last season would have been with Herrera instead of Fellaini.

Hard to say, though maybe Moyes is asking the same question. Have to think under Moyes system where there was such little movement, he probably would not have had a chance to show his real ability. Played a full 90, so not expecting him to start against Roma - going to be eager to see him against supposed strong opposition. Last pre-season against maybe even lesser competition we were struggling.

I don't think he knows how to play zombie football. He was always looking for the quick forward pass and kept the tempo high. We haven't had someone that could create space for himself like that since Scholes left.

Noticed during the build up to James' second goal, as Herrera was sprinting forward about to pass it to Young, his head swiveled 90 degrees left and then 90 degrees right, while going at near enough top speed, before delivering that inch perfect through pass.

Incredible.

His through balls are ok but they don't have that sting, that zap of Anderson's where the ball just cuts the grass and really goes!

Noticed during the build up to James' second goal, as Herrera was sprinting forward about to pass it to Young, his head swiveled 90 degrees left and then 90 degrees right, while going at near enough top speed, before delivering that inch perfect through pass.

Incredible.
Noticed that too. His awareness is top-notch. Can't wait to see more of him.

This guy was a breath of fresh air. Movement, looks to go forward, comfortable on the ball and happy to carry the ball forward when needed. He had a really good game, Man of the Match for me. Him coming in really shows what we have been lacking for quite a while. If we can get another mobile midfielder to go with him it would be great. Hopefully he can keep impressing like this consistently.

Herrera is going to make our strikers look good, he always seemed to release the ball early tonight.

Vidal's a terrific player, but I feel we'll be taking away a part of Ander's game if we were to get him. We need a proper defensive midfielder, who will allow Ander the freedom to go forward and create. Schneiderlin be my pick.

Vidal's a terrific player, but I feel we'll be taking away a part of Ander's game if we were to get him. We need a proper defensive midfielder, who will allow Ander the freedom to go forward and create. Schneiderlin be my pick.

Or Gonalons, Neustadter, Kramer, or Badelj.

Seriously, just give Ander Herrera the freedom to play. His movement and attacking runs are so dangerous and bring an added dimension to the team. His close control, passing, and vision is very good. van Gaal just needs to develop Ander's discipline and defensive awareness, and he'd be good to go along with a disciplined, defensively capable midfield partner.

Or Gonalons, Neustadter, Kramer, or Badelj.

Seriously, just give Ander Herrera the freedom to play. His movement and attacking runs are so dangerous and bring an added dimension to the team. His close control, passing, and vision is very good. van Gaal just needs to develop Ander's discipline and defensive awareness, and he'd be good to go along with a disciplined, defensively capable midfield partner.

Agreed. I've not seen any of the players you mentioned, except Kramer, but if they're dynamic defensive midfielders, then sign em up LVG! :p

This guy can play that's for sure. Would reserve my judgement till I see him play in the PL but from whatever little I saw (and had seen at Bilbao), it looks very promising.

I wonder what's moyes thinking right now.

Moyes claimed Fellaini was always Belgium's most impressive player when he watched them, in his World Cup Sunday Times column.

Based on that, I'm guessing Moyes will be wondering why Herrera tries so many cute through balls. Ball on deck don't play to the big man's strengths: get it wide, get it in. That's Moyes.

Vidal would compliment Herrera's game absolutely fine. Vidal is a brilliant all-round midfielder.

Missed the game but it sounded like Herrera had a brilliant game, imagine when we bring in another capable central midfielder :eek:

Not what I expected from him at all! He has the look of a shy boy, but he is full of character isn't he? Announcing his arrival with a godly shot early in the game and winking at teammates after passes and goals. Fantastic. I might just have a bit of a crush

I always maintained that not buying Herrera and opting for the safer, more predictable option in Fellaini really summed up why Moyes was never cut out for this job.

Has anyone else formed a massive man crush on this guy?

It's becoming a bit of an issue now, we've got Goggs, Mata, Van Persie and now Herrera who are all complete man crush material.

A man crush is only made ok by it's rarity. This is becoming a bit gay. Sorta hoping we go for De Jong now rather than Vidal or I'm going to end up on annual marches in Brighton.

I always maintained that not buying Herrera and opting for the safer, more predictable option in Fellaini really summed up why Moyes was never cut out for this job.

Please... let's not turn this into a Moyes bashing thread. I've looked a lot into this and there is no substantial proof to suggest Moyes didn't want Herrera.

Staying on topic: I can't believe someone on here said he is the spanish cleverly!

YES! A MIDFIELDER
lol :)

!
frnXxyM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.