View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see us regretting this signing isn't it? A player with his skill set in our midfield can only be a good thing.

God it feels good to have a CM making runs and tackling hard. Reminds me of the Fletcher of old, with better technique!

Looking classy already. Must say it's great scouting by the club.

His energy is fantastic, something we have lacked for sometime in midfield. Great technique on top of that!

I know I shouldn't get excited just after a friendly but watching him and Mata run our midfield is just so :drool: worthy especially when you compare it to our midfield performance of the last couple of season. I'm really, really looking forward to seeing more of those two this season.

I hate to bring Moyes up again but, I still can't understand how Moyes wasn't convinced by what our scouts told him about Herrera. Moyes was sure about Fellaini but not Herrera? In what world does that make any sense?!

Tonight Herrera's giving us a taste of what we could have had last season. Does anyone really think we would have finished seventh if we'd have signed Herrera last summer, even with Moyes in the dugout? I was so angry when the deal fell through last August. Thank God we've got Ander now.

Herrera's been sharp tonight and he's not even up to full speed yet. Wait until Ander is fully match fit, properly timing his tackles and making those runs from midfield he likes to go galloping on... :drool:

He really didn't get enough recognition in Spain, he's a top class player and was one of the best midfielders in Spain, top 3 outside of the big 2 clubs probably. He just didn't get noticed as much being at Bilbao, but at United I think he'll cement himself amongst the best midfielders in the league.

A player like Vidal would ruin him. Herrera needs a number 6, so he can play this free box to box role.

It is still too early to judge his potential contribution to the team, but so far I am amazed that he is not even in the Spanish squad. He looks good enough to be selected.

I love how he's going around from player to player and getting his point across.

He really didn't get enough recognition in Spain, he's a top class player and was one of the best midfielders in Spain, top 3 outside of the big 2 clubs probably. He just didn't get noticed as much being at Bilbao, but at United I think he'll cement himself amongst the best midfielders in the league.

Easily. I've been saying this for ages. People took Del Bosque's sign of approval as some kind of barometer (this is the manager who keeps picking Torres...)

I'd be all for giving Herrera the number 7 shirt. No centre midfielder has worn that consistently at United since Bryan Robson but, rather than collapse under the pressure of living up to Robbo's legacy, I reckon Herrera would thrive being told he was trusted to live up to Robson's example.

He looks genuinely box to box, and I very rarely use that term. It's been wasted on people like Gerrard and Toure.

Is he doing real midfielding?! I can't watch the game so can somebody tell me what it's like? Is he running and stuff?

It's like as soon as he passes the ball he's in some rush to move to a point up the field, and is looking for the ball and holding his arms out begging for it to be given back.

Seems to go from a stop to a run fairly rapidly.

Then at one point he kicked the ball really hard towards the goal, not sure what he was thinking there.

"Out wide!" I yelled at my TV.

It's like as soon as he passes the ball he's in some rush to move to a point up the field, and is looking for the ball and holding his arms out begging for it to be given back.

Seems to go from a stop to a run fairly rapidly.

Then at one point he kicked the ball really hard towards the goal, not sure what he was thinking there.

"Out wide!" I yelled at my TV.

I don't think I've even seen him get to the byline... :p

It's only against LA Galaxy but he's looked impressive. He did used to play Barcelona and Real Madrid at least twice every season though... I'll be ecstatic if he carries this performance onto big games.

I said it before, but he doesn't get loads of assists or goals really, don't think he has an assist today, but he plays the pass before the assist so often and that cutting edge is something we've really lacked.

And as I say that he gets 2 assists :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.