View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he's right, Rio's obviously gone for good. Not sure where you've got the idea that we might do some weird U-turn and bring him back...
Well, that's your opinion but at least you haven't laughed at it or tried to ridicule me for it. I don't think he will come back either because I'm hoping we sign at least one top class defender. But if worse comes to worse, and we don't, don't you think the club could possibly give him a short term contract as a stopgap? He obviously loves the club.

Well, that's your opinion but at least you haven't laughed at it or tried to ridicule me for it. I don't think he will come back either because I'm hoping we sign at least one top class defender. But if worse comes to worse, and we don't, don't you think the club could possibly give him a short term contract as a stopgap? He obviously loves the club.

By the look of it QPR will announce him very shortly. He's in Brazil, will formalize the deal when he returns to England - so they say.

Anyway, that Herrera, eh? A midfielder! And not a bad one either! I'm just about moved to tears here.

This makes me happy. Really looking forward to see how he will ply his trade at the club. These are the type of players we should be going for, under the radar, humble youngsters who haven't peaked yet. Can't wait to see him in action.

Why the bloody hell is the Ander Herrera thread being bastardised with idiocy about whether Rio Ferdinand will come back to United, having been told he was no longer wanted?

There must be some other place for this stupidity to go? Like the Spastic posts in the Football Forum thread, or something.

Back on Herrera, feck he looks cute. Just want to cuddle him. Must be something about the Spanish.

I'm really happy with the signing. Like everyone already said, I don't expect him to become a world beater, but he addresses exactly something that we have lost over the years in central midfield such as the ability to pick the right pass forward and energy. With Van Gaal coming in as manager at the helm, I'm sure there will be more to come and next season will get very interesting indeed.

I think some ppl will be surprised when they realise how much he will actually bring to our midfield. While offering creativity, possesion and energy especially in attack, he is very strong defensively at the same time. Our midfield with him won't get overrun that easily anymore.

I think some ppl will be surprised when they realise how much he will actually bring to our midfield. While offering creativity, possesion and energy especially in attack, he is very strong defensively at the same time. Our midfield with him won't get overrun that easily anymore.
I think people haven't realized just how slow and immobile our midfield has been for the last 7-8 years, and it makes a huge difference having an energetic midfielder with quality in there. Carrick had a good season in 12/13 but he was probably one of the main reasons as to why our play was so slow and static, zombie passing and all that. Now we'll have a player who likes moving with the ball and releasing it quickly, which will be a huge boost to our style.

I think people haven't realized just how slow and immobile our midfield has been for the last 7-8 years, and it makes a huge difference having an energetic midfielder with quality in there. Carrick had a good season in 12/13 but he was probably one of the main reasons as to why our play was so slow and static, zombie passing and all that. Now we'll have a player who likes moving with the ball and releasing it quickly, which will be a huge boost to our style.
Yep! Can't wait to watch him play for us!!! Still over the moon!

His first touch is like Fifa 14( the video game stuff). When receiving the ball, joggle the left stick intelligently and you can effect damage. He can't shoot nor volley for shit, but I guess you can't have it all.
One day we may be able to clone Scholes, but for now, I wll make do, I will make do.

Can't wait for the likes of Pearson,Rothwell or Goss come through to play alongside this lad.Should be a breath of fresh air compared to how immobile and dreadful our midfield was in the past few years.

You can feel that the club as a whole is moving in the right direction. Getting in a superb manager, addressing midfield issue with buying an up and coming player.

This is the type of player I'd like United to get in. Player that has shown quality with other team, but not yet on the 'world class' bracket. Thus there's room and motivation for them to make their name at United, and for us fans (and my personal egoistical feel) to say that United 'make' them become one of the best.

And this is how the 'transition' is supposed to be. We may not win the league for a couple of seasons or more, but you just know that it's a matter of time before United back to become a league champion machine.

Last edited:
His first touch is like Fifa 14( the video game stuff). When receiving the ball, joggle the left stick intelligently and you can effect damage. He can't shoot nor volley for shit, but I guess you can't have it all.
One day we may be able to clone Scholes, but for now, I wll make do, I will make do.

One thing we can both agree on hopefully. He's going to be a star. everythings in place.

No, not at all. We've let him go already. It's done. It would be like selling your old computer on eBay then asking for it back a month later. You obviously don't sell it unless you're certain you don't need it anymore, and the same would obviously have been true of Ferdinand.

Besides, since when would not buying a new CB be such a disaster that we'd be trying to claw back released old players? Evans has been better than Rio for a few seasons running now, and all three of our senior defenders were better than him last season, in which he was regularly disastrous.

Anyway, this is wildly OT. But it was just such a bizarre suggestion I couldn't leave it unrefuted.

He's a very good midfielder already. Some Spanish friends spoke highly of him (Barca and Madrid fans) and said that there is no doubt that he will be in Spain's squad soon

We may have the future Spain NT squad. Any suggestion for available good young Spanish wingers and leftback?

No, not at all. We've let him go already. It's done. It would be like selling your old computer on eBay then asking for it back a month later. You obviously don't sell it unless you're certain you don't need it anymore, and the same would obviously have been true of Ferdinand.

Besides, since when would not buying a new CB be such a disaster that we'd be trying to claw back released old players? Evans has been better than Rio for a few seasons running now, and all three of our senior defenders were better than him last season, in which he was regularly disastrous.

Anyway, this is wildly OT. But it was just such a bizarre suggestion I couldn't leave it unrefuted.
So if players re-signing for a team they've been released from is bizarre, then why is it a relatively common occurance. Guzan, Cole, Wright just off the top of my head. I wasn't being entirely serious with the suggestion, just saying it could happen.

Not sure why it's so bizarre though but then again you think Valencia is an intelligent footballer, despite him showing lack of an actual brain on more than a few occasions, so let's just agree to disagree.

Anyway, apologies to everyone, too many posts have been spent on Rio. Back to Herrera...

He's the new Duncan Edwards you say?

Well that's it. Anything less and he's a dirty, dirty flop.

Finally we sign someone and a midfielder as well, and now it is looking like few other deals are starting to be finalised as well. Good signs at last.

I'm gonna be generous and say about 30% of this forum have ever seen fellaini play more than twice.

So what? If he can have a good few games against United then there's no reason he can't step up and join United. He's already proven himself on the pitch with our players.

Check our transfer history, it's sound logic and it never fails.

So according to my Spanish friend he is a really good player but not what United need. "Too offensive".

Last season he played at number 10, but was used as a deep lying playmaker and box-to-box under the manager before. His favoured position is a more box-to-box. He's dynamic, and puts himself about a lot - he averaged more tackles a game last season than any United player.

Last season he played at number 10, but was used as a deep lying playmaker and box-to-box under the manager before. His favoured position is a more box-to-box. He's dynamic, and puts himself about a lot - he averaged more tackles a game last season than any United player.

Yep. Personally, to me he sounds exactly the player we needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.