View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard the news, absolute awesomeness. Welcome Ander!

I have high hopes for this one. I'll e the first to admit that I haven't watched more than a handful of matches where he's featured, but he strikes me as a proper midfielder. How awesome it will be to have one of those in our team again, as opposed to the last few years of having to pigeonhole players who don't necessarily excel in those roles.

I'm properly pumped!

What was the fee, by the way? Everyone just state that we've payed the release clause, without actually mentioning what it was.

I think it was 36 million euros or around £28.8 million.

It's almost unthinkable that we neglected the most important part of the pitch for so long. I suppose when you had a player like Scholes, you didn't need a midfield. Absolutely delighted we've signed a genuine bonafide midfielder in ander Hererra. We have our very own Three amigos, and it feels great.

You have to consider the matchgoing fans, after all, it's their pockets that finance the transfers.

Commercial revenues now account for £153m - 42% of the clubs total income.

The rest comes from television rights, worth £102m, and match-day revenues which totalled £109m.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-24143384

It accounts for less than 30 % of the total revenue and is expected to go even lower with growing commercial + broadcasting revenue.

A bit worrying that he's best deployed as a #10 but hopefully LvG can bring the best out of him deeper.
p2HHUhp.png

Well that's just not true.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-24143384

It accounts for less than 30 % of the total revenue and is expected to go even lower with growing commercial + broadcasting revenue.

Yes but we're a publicly listed company now, I bet the shareholders are keeping a close eye on value for money.

I'm not a shareholder nor a match going fan so I don't care as much. But it goes to show, transfer fees are not irrelevant.

Revenues from tickets should not be view in isolation though, it is all connected, commercial revenues are correlated with ticket revenues I would assume.

Yes but we're a publicly listed company now, I bet the shareholders are keeping a close eye on value for money.

That's most certainly true mate but then it's better to spend 100-150 odd million now and guarantee success for the near future than to risk losing out on European football that might end up costing close to 70 million per season with the new television deals. Just look at the likes of Real that netted almost 45 million from UEFA alone not to mention matchday + TV revenue. We'll be missing out on that next season. Also more success on the pitch = more prestigious sponsors. I'm sure there's value in that.

Can someone help me.

Herrera doesn't have £29m so we had to give it to him. This money, would be Herrera's income, and therefore taxable.

However, if we instead 'loaned' Herrera the money, would that be taxable? For example, if we gave Herrera a €36m interest free loan then nominally set his signing on fee at €36m -€36m loan repayments then would that not be considered a liability rather than an income and therefore be nontaxable?

I've pulled this from my arse, someone tell me why this won't work

Can someone help me.

Herrera doesn't have £29m so we had to give it to him. This money, would be Herrera's income, and therefore taxable.

However, if we instead 'loaned' Herrera the money, would that be taxable? For example, if we gave Herrera a €36m interest free loan then nominally set his signing on fee at €36m -€36m loan repayments then would that not be considered a liability rather than an income and therefore be nontaxable?

I think they could argue that Herrera never actually had the money, it was given to a representative on his behalf who then paid it to the LFP.
Therefor they could say that seeing as Herrera never had the money, he can't be taxed on it. I'm not sure how it works though, but I'd think it wasn't actually Herrera that paid the money into the LFP, just someone acting on his behalf

Oh is that what Paul looks like. I haven't listened to that podcast since Ed's outburst about Fergie and the Glazer's IPO.

It's good, you should do. I'm more curious as to what Ed looks like.

delighted! :) great young midfielder who can defend and is good going forward, just what we need for the new season, can't wait to see him in action under the new manager!

Can someone help me.

Basically no. It can't be a loan, a loan that doesn't have to be repaid is what's known as a tax fraud.

However the wording of the LFP clause is such that it can be interpreted in various different ways. You hire tax lawyers to decide which is the 0% tax route most likely to be approved. All of them are framed around the idea that the player is never actually the owner of the money, he's either not involved in the money transfer or he is a passive intermediary in the process.

I know what you are going to say, RVP was just being polite. But that's the thing about Moyes, people will ask questions like you did but then when a top player has complimented the man it's a case of that player telling lies. Moyes is basically damned even if a player says good things about him.
Politeness or not. I think its safe to say no one would call Moyes " one of the best manager in these world". He's not that level, just "good"

Basically no. It can't be a loan, a loan that doesn't have to be repaid is what's known as a tax fraud.

However the wording of the LFP clause is such that it can be interpreted in various different ways. You hire tax lawyers to decide which is the 0% tax route most likely to be approved. All of them are framed around the idea that the player is never actually the owner of the money, he's either not involved in the money transfer or he is a passive intermediary in the process.

Thats not really what I was advocating, you could physically loan him it and then go through the formality of him 'paying it back'. I live in the commuter belt and loads of companies loan money interest fee in London to buy season tickets with which you pay back whilst working there, surely something along those lines would be legal even if you're effectively giving €72m (without half of it really leaving your possession)?

Either way I guess its an exercise in getting on the right side of the avoidance/evasion divide.

The wait for a player like this has been an odyssey, I still can't quite believe it's happened. I don't think it'll fully sink in till I see him out there playing and the impact it'll have on our play.

Very happy with this signing!

Ditto.

Should've bought him last summer, paid the price. Finally we've got him sorted and with a great manager to coach him too.

Now one more midfielder, centre back and left back and we'll be golden

So Herrara, will prob take up no15 after Vidic or no18 from whenever Young leaves?

I dont see him taking 7 9 or 11. He could possibly take no5, but I doubt it.

Youtube the interview... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.