View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Herrara, will prob take up no15 after Vidic or no18 from whenever Young leaves?

I dont see him taking 7 9 or 11. He could possibly take no5, but I doubt it.
Yeh, my money would be on 15. Just can see him with it for some reason.

It's good, you should do. I'm more curious as to what Ed looks like.
I can't stand Ed, I called him out on his bullshit and he was incredibly arrogant. If I remember correctly he was calling me delusional and brainwashed by the glazers :lol:. I haven't exactly been into contact with any propaganda that's for sure.

Ditto.

Should've bought him last summer, paid the price. Finally we've got him sorted and with a great manager to coach him too.

Now one more midfielder, centre back and left back and we'll be golden
Yeah, poor guy having to wait for so long. After seeing how bad the team was last season might be a good thing the deal only happened now. And it's great when players really wants to come to the club. Looks like we have two signed up in Herrera and Shaw and 2-3 more to come I hope.

This signing just pleases me so much. I'm under no illusions that he's going to be a world beater, but from what I have seen of him (admittedly not a huge amount), I'm excited to see a midfielder who will add some energy and dynamism to our midfield again. A player who can pick out an incisive pass and a player who wants to move the ball forward. All of these have been missing from our midfield since Scholes left, (save for the odd Giggs cameo). He's not the answer to our problems on his own, but he's a huge step in the right direction.

Can anyone see Rio rejoining us on a 12 month contract as backup? I can see it if we can't get Mangala or Hummels, neither of which is looking likely.

Can anyone see Rio rejoining us on a 12 month contract as backup? I can see it if we can't get Mangala or Hummels, neither of which is looking likely.
He's already signed for QPR

God i love this signing. Another well-rounded midfielder at a young age (<26) and we're set for some time at a troublesome position. :drool:

Firstly, he has agreed a deal with QPR. Secondly, the club didn't offer him a new contract, obviously not wanting him this season. He and the club have both moved on.
What was so funny about it though? :wenger:

I can't find anything official saying he's agreed a deal with QPR.

If we're lacking in numbers at the back, and can't find someone suitable to bring in, then there's a possibility we might bring him back. It's not something alien either; you see all the time clubs releasing a player only to then re-sign them a few days later. Just this season, Carlton Cole, Brad Guzan and Stuart Taylor were re-all signed by their respective clubs after they failed to sign a adequate replacement. Scholes came back from retirement also when we all thought each side had moved on.

Last edited:
What was so funny about it though? :wenger:

I can't find anything official saying he's agreed a deal with QPR.

If we're lacking in numbers at the back, and can't find someone suitable to bring in, then there's a possibility we might bring him back. It's not something alien either; you see all the time clubs releasing a player only to then re-sign them a few days later. Just this season, Carlton Cole, Brad Guzan and Stuart Taylor were re-all signed by their respective clubs after they failed to sign a adequate replacement. Scholes came back from retirement also when we all thought each side had moved on.
There was nothing official on Herrera joining us but you knew it was happening.

If we wanted Rio, he would have been offered a deal to keep him here incase we didn't get our targets. Obviously the club has decided even if we fail with our targets, we have other CB's ahead of Rio. I don't know why I'm even discussing this.

Scholes was a very unique case.

If we wanted Rio, he would have been offered a deal to keep him here incase we didn't get our targets. Obviously the club has decided even if we fail with our targets, we have other CB's ahead of Rio. I don't know why I'm even discussing this.

Scholes was a very unique case.
How is that obvious? You know feck all what happened behind closed doors with Rio and United. For all you know, LVG might bring him back if worse comes to worse. Not saying I want him here but as a last resort, if we fail to bring in an adequate defender, we could do much worse with a player that obviously loves the club and was trusted enough to start United's biggest game(s) of the season.

You don't know why your discussing this the same reason why you put up a smiley face in reply to my original post, because you've pretty much got nothing to say in your defence. Players get re-signed all the time and it's not entirely out of the question with United, with Scholes recently having come back after retiring, after we failed to fix the glaring hole in our midfield. We have one in our defence now, and Rio still ain't signed that QPR contract, no matter what "Sky Sources" tell you.

What exactly happened? Didn't Bilbao release earlier today they rejected a bid? A few hours later they confirm he is off? Makes 0 sense :lol: Glad we got him anyway, welcome Herrera !

How is that obvious? You know feck all what happened behind closed doors with Rio and United. For all you know, LVG might bring him back if worse comes to worse. Not saying I want him here but as a last resort, if we fail to bring in an adequate defender, we could do much worse with a player that obviously loves the club and was trusted enough to start United's biggest game(s) of the season.

You don't know why your discussing this the same reason why you put up a smiley face in reply to my original post, because you've pretty much got nothing to say in your defence. Players get re-signed all the time and it's not entirely out of the question with United, with Scholes recently having come back after retiring, after we failed to fix the glaring hole in our midfield. We have one in our defence now, and Rio still ain't signed that QPR contract, no matter what "Sky Sources" tell you.
I don't know but what I do know is that the club didn't want to renew his contract. He will get more at QPR, as he is getting nothing from United. Rio confirmed that he has played his last game for United, the club has done so also.

I am willing to make any bet that Rio does not play for Manchester United next season.

I don't know but what I do know is that the club didn't want to renew his contract. He will get more at QPR, as he is getting nothing from United. Rio confirmed that he has played his last game for United, the club has done so also.

I am willing to make any bet that Rio does not play for Manchester United next season.
That's all fine and dandy but no matter what you think, there's a possibility, no matter how small, that we could go back for him if worse comes to worse, so to laugh at like you do is just plain stupidity. You know nothing about the clubs plans' nor our defensive pecking order yet you go on about it like you do. West Ham didn't want to renew Carlton Cole's contract and released him but guess what? They ending up re-signing him because they found no one to replace him. It's not out of the question that we'll be unable to replace both Ferdinand and Vidic in one transfer window.

He obviously loves the club and you get the feeling if LvG wants him, he'll come back to us in a heartbeat rather than earn however much he could do at QPR. That tweet up there tells you everything you need to know.

What exactly happened? Didn't Bilbao release earlier today they rejected a bid? A few hours later they confirm he is off? Makes 0 sense :lol: Glad we got him anyway, welcome Herrera !

We bid. They rejected it. Herrera bought out of his contract with a briefcase full of money that he got from Woody. Herrera met Bobby Charlton.

That's all fine and dandy but no matter what you think, there's a possibility, no matter how small, that we could go back for him if worse comes to worse, so to laugh at like you do is just plain stupidity. You know nothing about the clubs plans' nor our defensive pecking order yet you go on about it like you do. West Ham didn't want to renew Carlton Cole's contract and released him but guess what? They ending up re-signing him because they found no one to replace him. It's not out of the question that we'll be unable to replace both Ferdinand and Vidic in one transfer window.

He obviously loves the club and you get the feeling if LvG wants him, he'll come back to us in a heartbeat rather than earn however much he could do at QPR. That tweet up there tells you everything you need to know.
Don't compare Carlton Cole and West Ham to Manchester United and Rio Ferdinand.

I understand how much he loves the club, that has nothing to do with any return. I will give into any bet if Rio plays for United again, just name it.

Apologies for discussing this people in the Herrera thread, I just can't get over the idea that someone thinks there is a chance Rio will play fo us next season.

I hear you, but I dont think they'd let him go without being certain that someones coming in. The signings will become more evident as the targets get knocked out of competition or at the end of WC.

I think stating the obvious, expect to see at least one dutch signing, and potentially a couple Germans?

From what I've seen, he's a great addition but I think he'll need the right partner to compliment his style and therefore we require at least one more signing to play alongside him.

We'll have to see how it goes but the thought of a Vidal with Van Persie and Mata is mouth watering. Lots to do (hopefully) in the market but it's amazing how quickly an 'average' squad can look so potent.

Makes the Champion's League omission more depressing although I think one year out if it will improve our league form and ensure investment for future success. Much to be excited for.

Don't compare Carlton Cole and West Ham to Manchester United and Rio Ferdinand.

I understand how much he loves the club, that has nothing to do with any return. I will give into any bet if Rio plays for United again, just name it.

Apologies for discussing this people in the Herrera thread, I just can't get over the idea that someone thinks there is a chance Rio will play fo us next season.
Why not? Do tell... :lol:

You're actually hilarious, mate. You know feck all about what goes on around United so who the feck are you to say if there's a chance he'll come back or not. Everyone expected us to sign someone a few midfielders to finally replace Scholes, Hargreaves and co. and guess what? We signed fecking Fellaini, failing to sign Herrera, Fabregas, Thiago etc.

I don't see how you can be so stubborn and narrow minded that you can't see the club going back to a player if they failed to buy a defender to replace him.

Wait, you can't get over the fact that I think there's a 1% chance Rio could come back to United on a shot term deal? As I said, hilarious, guy. I can't get over the fact that you find it funny/shocking that someone thinks he might come back as a last resort if worse comes to worse and that you're so certain he'll never play for United again, knowing the square root of feck all on what goes on at United.

I hear you, but I dont think they'd let him go without being certain that someones coming in. The signings will become more evident as the targets get knocked out of competition or at the end of WC.

I think stating the obvious, expect to see at least one dutch signing, and potentially a couple Germans?
Yep, I'd go along with your viewpoint. But we were pretty certain we'd get a few midfielders last year and we ended up with Fellaini. You can never be sure with United under our new CEO Woodward.

I find it hard to believe how @Eric'sCollar can't even entertain this notion but rather than just simply disagree with it which is fine, try to ridicule me for thinking such a situation might arise. I'm not saying it will happen nor am I saying I want it to but none of us thought Scholes would come back, but he did and it made sense when you realised what a cesspit our midfield was. If our defence is still fecked and we can't get a experienced replacement, I don't see why Rio might not get another opportunity under the new gaffer LVG.

You're actually hilarious, mate. You know feck all about what goes on around United so who the feck are you to say if there's a chance he'll come back or not. Everyone expected us to sign someone a few midfielders to finally replace Scholes, Hargreaves and co. and guess what? We signed fecking Fellaini, failing to sign Herrera, Fabregas, Thiago etc.

I don't see how you can be so stubborn and narrow minded that you can't see the club going back to a player if they failed to buy a defender to replace him.

Wait, you can't get over the fact that I think there's a 1% chance Rio could come back to United on a shot term deal? As I said, hilarious, guy. I can't get over the fact that you find it funny/shocking that someone thinks he might come back as a last resort if worse comes to worse and that you're so certain he'll never play for United again, knowing the square root of feck all on what goes on at United.

Nah, he's right, Rio's obviously gone for good. Not sure where you've got the idea that we might do some weird U-turn and bring him back...

There is a 1% chance he will return? Ok, I'll cop that. Well there is a 1% chance Fergie will return. Also Giggs could possibly lace the boots next season and there is a 0.5% chance we will sign Suarez. I can guarantee you none of those will happen.

You accuse me of not knowing what goes on around United. Do you? I feel I can make educated opinions like anyone who supports the club and that's what I'm doing. I can't see anyway that Rio lines up for United next season.

On Cole/West Ham v United/Rio. I don't know where to start, I will just kick off with the negotiations and how it seems Rio has already agreed a deal elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.