Alex Sandro

I've watched him play since his Santos days and to be fair, I never thought he had anything special about him, and still don't. He works as a cog in the Juve machine, but saying he's one of the best LBs around is an overstatement.
When Filipe Luís got injured no Brazilian said "oh that's ok we got Alex Sandro". The guy is rated as average in his own country for a reason.
I'd be happier if we were linked to a better LB.

Such as?

Why would it be nice to have Brazilians? I only want a player if he's good. I don't care for his nationality.

Brazilians bring a lot of quality that our team lack. Sandro and Fred are great players and we’ll be a better team with them both starting. It’s not rocket science mate.

Brazilians bring a lot of quality that our team lack. Sandro and Fred are great players and we’ll be a better team with them both starting. It’s not rocket science mate.

How many caps do those two have between them? They are not great players, but both would be welcome additions - and nationality really doesn’t mean too much, it’s only being repeated here as Jose said it. For every Ronaldo there are numerous Adriano’s etc etc.

How many caps do those two have between them? They are not great players, but both would be welcome additions - and nationality really doesn’t mean too much, it’s only being repeated here as Jose said it. For every Ronaldo there are numerous Adriano’s etc etc.
I dont know about Fred, i saw few Shakhtar games, but Alex Sandro is not in the nt because of Marcelo and Felipe Luis. When in good form like last season, Alex Sandro is obviously in the top three of LBs.

I agree that natuonality is irrelevant, though.

That Brazil squad is ridiculous though. So I wouldn’t get too put off by their caps. Look at Carrick for example.

Anyways yes nationality doesn’t mean too much. But my original point was if we get Fred I hope we get Sandro too. Generally speaking, players settle in more when they have players of the same nationality around.

I've watched him play since his Santos days and to be fair, I never thought he had anything special about him, and still don't. He works as a cog in the Juve machine, but saying he's one of the best LBs around is an overstatement.
When Filipe Luís got injured no Brazilian said "oh that's ok we got Alex Sandro". The guy is rated as average in his own country for a reason.
I dont know many Brazilian journos ot fans who think Alex Sandro is average..i believe people in the Caf can just look in the google using the translator to realise it..

Sandro signing will be a good start to the window for us but lets make absolutely no mistake,£150m net spend is going to be nowhere near enough for us this summer!

That's that then. To the Tierney thread!

Castles in his pod said we are still working on a deal and the player wants the move.
Also said we are trying to use Darmian (perhaps why nothing has happened on that front).
Juve using talk of a new contract as a ruse to get more cash.

The caps thing is a bit irrelevant IMO. They both play a very specific role in a side and in the case of Sandro the player in front of him (Marcelo) not only happens to be the best in the world but he's also got a great record with injuries. I agree with the nationality not mattering at all.

Fred broke into the Brazil set-up and then got a two year ban IIRC but was put right back in the squad as soon as eligible again and that's based on playing in the Ukrainian League.

There's been some great players with few caps over the years. Gabi for example has none and has been a great player.

The one signing that makes perfect sense, considering the lack of quality left backs around the place.

Just because you are Brazilian doesn't make you a good footballer.

This one doesn't seem to be picking up pace does it? I wonder if LB will be a surprise like the kid Dalot at RB?

This one doesn't seem to be picking up pace does it? I wonder if LB will be a surprise like the kid Dalot at RB?
Don't think so, we already have Shaw who is youngish and he never plays. Ashley Young was our starting RB who I fell Jose had to start because he had no other option I line Valenica who he actually trusts.
I feel Mou believes Valencia can do a good job at RB for another year maybe but we don't have anyone capable of playing LB, so we will moat probably be going for a well established LB.
Also we have been linked with way too many established LBs for us to not sign any

I've only watched him for Juve in the CL in the last two years but I'd agree with that. Doesn't seem to be able to dribble at all, his strengths seem to be his own physicality and the ability to put a decent ball in.. which is pretty much what we have with Young. Would prefer someone who could dribble into space and stretch play, but I'd go with Sandro for the simple act of having some left-footers on that wing.

I've only watched him for Juve in the CL in the last two years but I'd agree with that. Doesn't seem to be able to dribble at all, his strengths seem to be his own physicality and the ability to put a decent ball in.. which is pretty much what we have with Young. Would prefer someone who could dribble into space and stretch play, but I'd go with Sandro for the simple act of having some left-footers on that wing.

Young is a decent dribbler though. He usually has the beating of his man but his final ball is not always good.

Young is a decent dribbler though. He usually has the beating of his man but his final ball is not always good.

Plus the fact he keeps cutting back to his right foot to cross. Getting proper full-backs means they can whip in a cross on their stronger foot, helping to stretch the play wide rather than always wanting to cut inside and thus narrowing the pitch. I don't think we need fullbacks who can dribble, but more of having enough pace to go on the outside and whip a cross in from the flanks. Pity that Valencia lost all his ability to put in a good cross - think it left together with Rooney's fitness levels.

Alex Sandro is like Ashley Cole. He can get past people, but not gonna consistently single handed dribble past his man. Yes his strength lies with physicality, but also decision making. He will go for drawing foul or get throw in than trying to overplay and lose possession cheaply. It's the easy on eye when you compare to modern smooth dribbling football, but it's effective enough to stretch play. Young has no problem in stretching play. His problem is giving the ball away cheaply thus prone for us to be countered and Young's crossing more often than not for nobody in our teams. Both Alex Sandro is an upgrade.

I found it strange when people say Filipe Luis was picked because his more defensive sound. He was not. He was picked because the coach trusted him more as Bazillian posters here told us and Alex Sandro this season did stake a good claim with his inconsistent form. In normal circumstances, Alex Sandro is the better of the two when it comes to defensive work.

Young is atrocious when it comes to keeping it tidy and know how when it comes to defend against 2 runners. He plays exactly like a winger in full back position in that sense.

This can be dead though. With Dalot kid looks very competent even on the left wing, we're not pressed by Juventus' posturing act.

Sandro signing will be a good start to the window for us but lets make absolutely no mistake,£150m net spend is going to be nowhere near enough for us this summer!

Nowhere near! I actually don't think we will get more than £50m for the players we sell :lol: unless we sell Matial, which I do not want! Then we could recoup around £100m in sales. If we want to compete and if we were to sign around 5-6 players, then you are looking at spending around £250 million on signings, giving us a net spend of around £200m, or £150m if Martial was sold.

Castles in his pod said we are still working on a deal and the player wants the move.
Also said we are trying to use Darmian (perhaps why nothing has happened on that front).
Juve using talk of a new contract as a ruse to get more cash.

no, a new contract is necessary either way because without a new one he would need to go this summer, while with a new contract there would be more margins for negotiation. I think that up to a few weeks ago the idea was to let him go for a good offer (55m+) but Spinazzola who was one of the new LB broke his knee and Asa left on free transfer so at present we have only Sandro and I doubt we will sell him easily.
Darmian is nowhere nearly as good, but he is an option along with somebody else.

If Mou decides to get rid of Pogba and Paul decides to come back there might be some small possibilities for a part-exchange

For me Sandro is the most important signing of the summer if we can get the deal through. Our fullbacks have been garbage for a long time so to get him in would be fantastic.

Would love this next year:

De Gea

Valancia Baily Alderweireld Alex Sandro
Matic
Pogba Fred
Sanchez Lukaku Bale? / Willian

Ins:

Alderweireld
Sandro
Fred
Bale/Willian

Bonus:

Another CM/RB

It's gone quiet on this hasn't it? Hopefully we're quietly negotiating behind the scenes just like Liverpool did with Fabinho.

It's gone quiet on this hasn't it? Hopefully we're quietly negotiating behind the scenes just like Liverpool did with Fabinho.

Castles said yesterday in his podcast United are working on it and both clubs are also working on Darmian deal. Said Juve mentioned contract talks with Sandro just to pressure United but its known Sandro wants to cone to us and that Allegri has earmarked him as leaving in his team overhaul.

Castles said yesterday in his podcast United are working on it and both clubs are also working on Darmian deal. Said Juve mentioned contract talks with Sandro just to pressure United but its known Sandro wants to cone to us and that Allegri has earmarked him as leaving in his team overhaul.

Given he broke the Dalot news should we give this credibility? I really hope so Sandro would be a top signing at LB

no, a new contract is necessary either way because without a new one he would need to go this summer, while with a new contract there would be more margins for negotiation. I think that up to a few weeks ago the idea was to let him go for a good offer (55m+) but Spinazzola who was one of the new LB broke his knee and Asa left on free transfer so at present we have only Sandro and I doubt we will sell him easily.
Darmian is nowhere nearly as good, but he is an option along with somebody else.

If Mou decides to get rid of Pogba and Paul decides to come back there might be some small possibilities for a part-exchange
We will see. My guess is if the player wants to move, Juve will sell.

For me Sandro is the most important signing of the summer if we can get the deal through. Our fullbacks have been garbage for a long time so to get him in would be fantastic.

Would love this next year:

De Gea

Valancia Baily Alderweireld Alex Sandro
Matic
Pogba Fred
Sanchez Lukaku Bale? / Willian

Ins:

Alderweireld
Sandro
Fred
Bale/Willian

Bonus:

Another CM/RB
We’re getting Galdot as well mate.

Oh yeah if Juve get Pogba ( one of the best young CMs in the World playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, about to enter his prime ) there will be a slight minute miniscule microscopic chance of getting a 27 year old LB who has been under performing for almost a year :lol:
If we offer Pogba, Juve will bite our arm off for him

You better be right or I am holding you personally responsible.

Don't raise our hopes.
Please be true please be true