Alex Sandro

They'd like to agree an extension. That doesn't sound so clear cut to me. If it was "to offer him a bumper new deal" then maybe. Surely we are not giving up on the only elite full back we've been linked with. Make it happen Jose.

High chance all the reports of him to United were agent leaks in order to have a stronger negotiating position.

High chance all the reports of him to United were agent leaks in order to have a stronger negotiating position.
I don’t believe that. We are not linked to any other left back at the moment and we desperately need one. Whether we will actually acquire him is a different matter but I believe we are interested.

Think it’s much more likely that the agent will be taking an offer from United to the meeting and Juve are prompting that by declaring that they want to extend his contract to drive the price up.

I don’t believe that. We are not linked to any other left back at the moment and we desperately need one. Whether we will actually acquire him is a different matter but I believe we are interested.

Oh I have no doubt that you are interested.

Think it’s much more likely that the agent will be taking an offer from United to the meeting and Juve are prompting that by declaring that they want to extend his contract to drive the price up.

Don't see how Juve declaring to want to extend his contact will drive his price up, he has 2 years left. If he wants to go to United he wont extend his contract if he wants to stay he will extend or ask for a new contract.

Oh I have no doubt that you are interested.

Don't see how Juve declaring to want to extend his contact will drive his price up, he has 2 years left. If he wants to go to United he wont extend his contract if he wants to stay he will extend or ask for a new contract.

TBF they said similar rubbish with Pogba.

Its a show of intent. It shows that he’s a key part of their plans and that they are planning the future with him in the side.

With 2 years left on his deal, it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t want to extend, they can comfortably afford to go into next season with him on that contract because he will still have value next summer, not as much of course but plenty when you consider that they would have to buy a replacement if he left anyway.

The question then is whether at 28 he will want to risk running down that contract. One bad tackle could potentially cost him millions if it denies him his last big contract. If Juve played hardball this summer and demanded a fee nobody would match like they did last summer, I think it’s likely that Alex Sandro would extend when the window shuts and they’d be in for a big fee again next summer.

Juve said that they weren't interested in Morata due to the price...shortly after that Morata was pictured with his agent and the Juve director in Turin.

They denied Pogba was leaving right up until he was pictured in a United shirt. Juve always deny transfers until the very end to improve their bargaining position. They are very good negotiators and get good deals all the time.

Juve said that they weren't interested in Morata due to the price...shortly after that Morata was pictured with his agent and the Juve director in Turin.

They denied Pogba was leaving right up until he was pictured in a United shirt. Juve always deny transfers until the very end to improve their bargaining position. They are very good negotiators and get good deals all the time.

They said there would be meatballs under the sauce too.

I'd be quite gutted if this falls through. As I could see us either not signing anyone for LB and relying on Young all season, or signing a past-it Danny Rose for about £50million and as a result, relying on Young for half a season.

You could be right. The player I want the most this summer. Hope it's just posturing by Juve.

Its a show of intent. It shows that he’s a key part of their plans and that they are planning the future with him in the side.

With 2 years left on his deal, it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t want to extend, they can comfortably afford to go into next season with him on that contract because he will still have value next summer, not as much of course but plenty when you consider that they would have to buy a replacement if he left anyway.

The question then is whether at 28 he will want to risk running down that contract. One bad tackle could potentially cost him millions if it denies him his last big contract. If Juve played hardball this summer and demanded a fee nobody would match like they did last summer, I think it’s likely that Alex Sandro would extend when the window shuts and they’d be in for a big fee again next summer.

If you look at this in a balanced way, you can see it makes no sense for Juve. Sandro should ask for a transfer in a direct manner next week and bring home the £45m fee to go. I have no doubt his agents have an offer from United already, we will see very soon if they use it to leverage a fat renewal or he really wants out.

If we’re serious about this we’ll have a good offer on the table. If he wants to stay at Juve then so be it.

I'd be quite gutted if this falls through. As I could see us either not signing anyone for LB and relying on Young all season, or signing a past-it Danny Rose for about £50million and as a result, relying on Young for half a season.

I have to say I think this is what’s going to happen. Not sure why, but all the sudden talk of extensions seems to be changing the scenario for me.

Its really up to Sandro. If he signs a new contract then Juventus will ask ridiculous money from us and we might bail out. If he refuses to sign a new contract then Juventus will panic and he'll leave on a decent fee. In my opinion we should have tied this signing with Darmian's. If Juve sells Sandro then we'll give them Darmian else we don't

Does Sandro share the same agent with Sergio Ramos. This looks like the textbook case of what happened three years ago.

Its really up to Sandro. If he signs a new contract then Juventus will ask ridiculous money from us and we might bail out. If he refuses to sign a new contract then Juventus will panic and he'll leave on a decent fee. In my opinion we should have tied this signing with Darmian's. If Juve sells Sandro then we'll give them Darmian else we don't

come on, no need to be so dramatic :lol: , players come and go and juve will however get a nice fee for him, it is not something like United or death and the window is loooooong

come on, no need to be so dramatic :lol: , players come and go and juve will however get a nice fee for him, it is not something like United or death and the window is loooooong

were the feck has I said that its a matter of life and death.?

Sandro is underpaid at Juventus something that seem to have influenced his performance this season. Now if Juventus can persuade him to stay on a good contract then he will sign a new contract and this case will probably be closed. If not then Juventus will probably prefer selling then keeping a player

And as they say in Italy meglio dramatico che un gobbo corrotto ;):angel:

According to Andy Mitten Sandro is a massive United fan and is obsessed with the club. If that’s the case I expect he’d jump at the chance to join us should the opportunity arise.

According to Andy Mitten Sandro is a massive United fan and is obsessed with the club. If that’s the case I expect he’d jump at the chance to join us should the opportunity arise.

No doubt he would as he would almost certainly be on bigger wages here. The question is whether Juve are going to inflate his value to where we wind up paying 50% more than he's worth.

No doubt he would as he would almost certainly be on bigger wages here. The question is whether Juve are going to inflate his value to where we wind up paying 50% more than he's worth.

Yeah, that’s almost standard practice with us.

Link please?

were the feck has I said that its a matter of life and death.?

Sandro is underpaid at Juventus something that seem to have influenced his performance this season. Now if Juventus can persuade him to stay on a good contract then he will sign a new contract and this case will probably be closed. If not then Juventus will probably prefer selling then keeping a player

And as they say in Italy meglio dramatico che un gobbo corrotto ;):angel:
Yep, hes among the lowest wages there. 50% inferior to Cuadrado, 3x less than Costa..even after being one of their best players last season.

Not saying we will sign him but Juve has been feeding wrong/misleading information for multiple seasons now.

Not saying we will sign him but Juve has been feeding wrong/misleading information for multiple seasons now.
Yeah, I was convinced we weren't signing pogba because of all the comments juventus chiefs were making about pogba staying and new deals and suchlike, and then 'Bam!' Hours later its agreed. You've got to be impressed by their skills in the transfer market.

Was just about to post that. Will anyway

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ester-United-according-agent-Mino-Raiola.html

It's just a negotiating position. They know if they don't sell this summer they'll have to sell him cheaply next summer because of his contract, there's also no other big clubs in the market for a left-back currently to sell him to if we pull out. They also know he's by far the best left-back available to us, and know we're loaded. Guessing there's going to be a lot of staring down still.

Get this Brazilian in to help settle Fred into the club.
Why would he need another Brazillian? he has Mourinho who can speak Portuguese and it's more the responsibility of the whole club, not just one other Brazilian or the manager.

Why would he need another Brazillian? he has Mourinho who can speak Portuguese and it's more the responsibility of the whole club, not just one other Brazilian or the manager.

It’s always good to have a fellow countryman at the club. Jose wouldn’t have a personal relationship would he? Plus wouldn’t it be nice to have a few more Brazilians?

It’s always good to have a fellow countryman at the club. Jose wouldn’t have a personal relationship would he? Plus wouldn’t it be nice to have a few more Brazilians?
Why would it be nice to have Brazilians? I only want a player if he's good. I don't care for his nationality.

I've watched him play since his Santos days and to be fair, I never thought he had anything special about him, and still don't. He works as a cog in the Juve machine, but saying he's one of the best LBs around is an overstatement.
When Filipe Luís got injured no Brazilian said "oh that's ok we got Alex Sandro". The guy is rated as average in his own country for a reason.
I'd be happier if we were linked to a better LB.