Alex Sandro

Or we are and just havent bid yet? Bear in mind Ribalta scouted Sandro for Juve and he works for us now.

True, although we were linked with Sidibe as well and out of nowhere we are signing someone else instead.

Since we're shopping in Porto already, maybe we should pick up that LB of theirs as well while we're at it. Those goals/assists numbers look tasty.

Since we're shopping in Porto already, maybe we should pick up that LB of theirs as well while we're at it. Those goals/assists numbers look tasty.
This!
That guy looks really good too, if the move for Sandro falls through ( I hope it doesn't ), Alex Telles wouldn't be a bad option.

Indeed. Telles with 3.8 accurate crosses and 3 chances created per 90 (compared to Sandro 1.1 crosses and 1.1 chances created). Telles ended the season with 4 goals and 14 assists, Sandro with 4 goals, 5 assists.

Oh yeah if Juve get Pogba ( one of the best young CMs in the World playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, about to enter his prime ) there will be a slight minute miniscule microscopic chance of getting a 27 year old LB who has been under performing for almost a year :lol:
If we offer Pogba, Juve will bite our arm off for him
Yes I agree I probably did not express my thought correctly :) I meant that if Mou and pogba were willing to do a part exchange (plus some money from Juve depending on whether or not Darmian was included) Juve would probably do it but I think there is a small chance of that since it seems more likely that MU will offload Pogba to Real if they decide to do so.

Regarding the under performance of Sandro it is true compared to the previous year, he still was in Serie A top 11, and had 4 goals and 5 assists (almost all in key games) and in my opinion he is second only to Marcelo in that position

Oh yeah if Juve get Pogba ( one of the best young CMs in the World playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, about to enter his prime ) there will be a slight minute miniscule microscopic chance of getting a 27 year old LB who has been under performing for almost a year :lol:
If we offer Pogba, Juve will bite our arm off for him

He wasnt underperforming he fell out with his club

It might just be that we're prioritizing our efforts atm on players going to the world cup. Less rush to get Sandro done since he's not going to the WC.

Yes. I just watched his youtube video. Exciting talent. Mourinho's relationship with Porto would take a huge hit if he nabbed both of their starting FBs for next season. Maybe loan them Lee O'Connor and Demi Mitchell for a couple years. I'm not really wanting to see those two in U-23 second division next season.

Apparently Juventus offer him new contract worth €5m a year. That's penny for us , just double that amount ( same as Fellaini demand ) and he will come.

Apparently Juventus offer him new contract worth €5m a year. That's penny for us , just double that amount ( same as Fellaini demand ) and he will come.

That's after tax, not a penny for anyone.

One thing i dont like about this possible transfer: Alexis was not having a good season at Arsenal and bring his form to United. He can be great again next season but it could very well be his level now.

Same with Alex Sandro. Average season. Impossible to know if its his level now.

Juve have reportedley offerd sandro a new contract of €5million a year looks like were missing out on another one

Juve have reportedley offerd sandro a new contract of €5million a year looks like were missing out on another one
Juve always wanted him to stay though?
We offered De Gea countless contract offers before faxgate

One thing i dont like about this possible transfer: Alexis was not having a good season at Arsenal and bring his form to United. He can be great again next season but it could very well be his level now.

Same with Alex Sandro. Average season. Impossible to know if its his level now.

calm down bro not all player that have average season is bad. that's also good time to get a good deal example james rodriguez to bayern and mandzukic to juventus.

After tax. Equals something like £170.000 a week.

After tax. Equals something like £170.000 a week.
I'll be surprised if that's true. That would make him one of the highest paid players in the league, pretty unheard of for a fullback.

I'll be surprised if that's true. That would make him one of the highest paid players in the league, pretty unheard of for a fullback.

That would put him below Higuain, Dybala, Costa in Juventus team. Cuadrado and Szczęsny earns 3.5 Million. It's not very surprising if they rate him very highly.

Give him 200k a week. Don't think he would refuse that sort of money.
Maybe someone should ask Di Marzio about him.

Big wages leaving en masse (Buffon, Lichtsteiner, more to go soon) being replaced by cheaper youngsters (Perin, Caldara, etc.), so that Alex Sandro, among others, can get a bigger pie if he wants to stay.

Alex Sandro got contract offer with wages salary 110,000 euros per week, what is 5milion euros per year (almost 4,4 milions pounds) plus bonuses. Of course that is net wage without any types of taxes. His complete offer for wages is almost 7,5milion euros (gross), but in Italy taxes is not in players field of interes. Football clubs pay taxes, not the player which is situation in every other top 5 league.

If he accept contract offer (I think he will accept) he should be 4th player with biggest earning in Juventus, but when Emre Can come on 1st July they should have same earnings.

Castles once again says negotiations are at an advanced level.

This is my muppet signing for the summer, be gutted if we don't get him

Castles once again says negotiations are at an advanced level.

He seems to be the only one reporting it though. Although he did break the Dalot story.

“Mourinho entered the transfer window focused on improving his defence and midfield with negotiations advanced on Brazil internationals Fred and Alex Sandro.”

Last edited:
I’m sort of thinking the same. Not sure why but I’ve just got a feeling this isn’t happening.

I also strongly suspect we’ll end up signing Danny Rose.

Young will still be our first choice left back next season.

I think the media is clueless in Sandro's case. I'm sure there are negociations going on for Sandro, else Castles would not have stated that negociations are in "advanced" stage.

I find it hard to believe a big transfer of a player in Italy is happening without Di Marzio knowing about it. I know he's not perfect, but to not have even a sniff of this?

Think it's more likely just agent talk, either to smoke out buyers or to get his new contract

I find it hard to believe a big transfer of a player in Italy is happening without Di Marzio knowing about it. I know he's not perfect, but to not have even a sniff of this?

Think it's more likely just agent talk, either to smoke out buyers or to get his new contract
They already offered him a new contract and he has been looking for a move for about a year now. Many believe the drop his in performance is because he wanted / wants to leave.

Also why do you guys think it's made up?
Didn't Simon Stone in his BBC article say that we are in negotiations for Sandro
About a month before that Luckhurst reported that Sandro is our #1 target for LB position.
There was an article in the Guardian too.
I mean that's way too much smoke.
Although Di Marzio being silent is not a good sign, let's hope Castles is right

True. I believe it's not going to happen without Di Marzio reporting it. But it doensn't mean there is nothing going on. I have always thought Di Marzio reporting about transfers when it's in advanced talks, likely to happen. He doesn't want to look like unreliable. So there could be some negotiations between player and clubs but it's not that likely to happen that Di Marzio reporting it. At least not yet.

They already offered him a new contract and he has been looking for a move for about a year now. Many believe the drop his in performance is because he wanted / wants to leave.

Also why do you guys think it's made up?
Didn't Simon Stone in his BBC article say that we are in negotiations for Sandro
About a month before that Luckhurst reported that Sandro is our #1 target for LB position.
There was an article in the Guardian too.
I mean that's way too much smoke.
Although Di Marzio being silent is not a good sign, let's hope Castles is right

I don't think Stone has said anything. His last article just mentions Dalot, Fred and Alderweireld.

The Guardian aren't particularly good for transfer scoops. If it was Jamie Jackson then he is incredibly unreliable.

Luckhurst is far from reliable.

I don't think it's "made up", I just always worry about who the source of the rumours are. At this time of year the agents are in overdrive.

True. I believe it's not going to happen without Di Marzio reporting it. But it doensn't mean there is nothing going on. I have always thought Di Marzio reporting about transfers when it's in advanced talks, likely to happen. He doesn't want to look like unreliable. So there could be some negotiations between player and clubs but it's not that likely to happen that Di Marzio reporting it. At least not yet.

You might be right there. I hope we're after him, but my opinion of Castles' reliability isn't ready to change just yet because of the Dalot scoop.