Alex Sandro

I don't think we will be hearing much on this until Juve are linked to a new LB.
Right now they have no LB other than Sandro with Asamoah? gone and the other guy injured.
If they sell Sandro now, the other clubs would know they have the money and that they desperately need a LB.
So they did the most logical thing, offer Sandro a new contract with high wages and see if he is interested in renewing.If he says no, I want to leave then we will see them start getting linked to some LBs and after they have reached some sort of agreement we may see some movement.

Its a bit like Pogba saga because even then they were selling a player for big bucks and they didn't want the other clubs to know they are loaded.
So they bought Higuain first and then sold Pogba.

Just get Ghoulam and be done with it. he is as talented as Sandro and would cost a lot less (after his injury).

Same age, and i don't think he would ask as much as Sandro in term of salary.

Just get Ghoulam and be done with it. he is as talented as Sandro and would cost a lot less (after his injury).

His injury doesn't really help him. We can do with someone who has had no history with injuries

I do think Sandro will end up here this summer. Might take longer than expected but it will happen, I feel.

He hasn't kicked a football for 7 months thanks to two very serious knee injuries, to the same knee.

What's the rush? We're in the 1st week of June.

No thanks lol

I don't think we will be hearing much on this until Juve are linked to a new LB.
Right now they have no LB other than Sandro with Asamoah? gone and the other guy injured.
They have Spinazzola coming back from his loan who is highly rated in Italy.

Alex Sandro will leave though, so long as you make him a better offer. Juve's isn't as good as he'd like it

They have Spinazzola coming back from his loan who is highly rated in Italy.

Alex Sandro will leave though, so long as you make him a better offer. Juve's isn't as good as he'd like it
Cruciate Ligament surgery, return unknown according to transfer market

Nothing new until his agents have a chat with Marotta about the new deal on offer: take it and stay or bring in a decent fee and leave.

50 mill Euros? That's like barely 44 mill Pounds! And if we manage to get 20 Mill for Darmian, we have gotten the best available upgrade at LB for 24 mill!! :eek:

You are talking too much sense, here.
Our aim will be to spend about £70M on a fullback, so that we can brag about having the most expensive fullback in World football, in our team. ;)

In all seriousness, it does sound like a good deal, for us.

Doesn't look like this deal is happening any time soon. Might just end up signing a new contract like Umtiti did.

50 million is a very fair price. That's 44 million pounds.
But the same report says they expect him to accept their new contract offer, which is disappointing

Definitely an area we need to improve on. What concerns me is that I actually found young pretty solid there last season so like our other transfers, unless there is a change in style, I worry they won’t make the impact we hope.

If both clubs are talking, it might explain lack of a bid.
I think Juve would prefer to keep the player especially since they don't have a proper back up for him. So they are testing the waters with a new contract and if he says no, then I think things will happen fast

How good is Sandro, really? I've read a few reports and tweets from Italy, and none of them give him much praise. The consensus seems to be that he is decent, but not good, and that Juve should be looking for an upgrade. He's not even part of the Brazil WC squad, which is quite worrying imo. I mean, even Danilo is in that squad! Should we spend €50m on him? I'm not so sure.

We do need to upgrade the LB position, but I'm not convinced Sandro is the answer. I don't know who is, but that Tierney lad seems to get a lot of praise.

How good is Sandro, really? I've read a few reports and tweets from Italy, and none of them give him much praise. The consensus seems to be that he is decent, but not good, and that Juve should be looking for an upgrade. He's not even part of the Brazil WC squad, which is quite worrying imo. I mean, even Danilo is in that squad! Should we spend €50m on him? I'm not so sure.

We do need to upgrade the LB position, but I'm not convinced Sandro is the answer. I don't know who is, but that Tierney lad seems to get a lot of praise.

That’s absurd! He is VERY good, but this season hasn’t been his best due him wanting to leave the club, it has been said.

That’s absurd! He is VERY good, but this season hasn’t been his best due him wanting to leave the club, it has been said.

He might be VERY good, but that doesn't really help if he's not playing well? And last season wasn't just "not his best" apparently, it was "not good", wasn't it? I watched him in the CL, and that was less than impressive.

He might be VERY good, but that doesn't really help if he's not playing well? And last season wasn't just "not his best" apparently, it was "not good", wasn't it? I watched him in the CL, and that was less than impressive.

He wanted to leave the club, also he wasn't bad this season just not very good

See @Cassidy’s post. You can rest assured that Sandro would be a significant upgrade on anything else United can put out on LB.

It's not worrying at all when Marcelo and Filipe Luis are the players above, they are both better and both top 10 leftbacks. Also within a group they compliment each others with one being very good defensively and the other very offensively.

He wanted to leave the club, also he wasn't bad this season just not very good

Well, he seems to be rated lower than a LB from the Brazilian league. I do hope I'm wrong, though, and that he's spectacular if he joins us. I used to rate him highly as well, but I've not managed to keep up with Serie A for a while, and have to take other peoples word for it. Hopefully his not very good performances has made his price drop, and that he'll find his ways once again.

See @Cassidy’s post. You can rest assured that Sandro would be a significant upgrade on anything else United can put out on LB.

Now, this i agree with entirely, and haven't said otherwise. I'm just not sold on him being the answer to our prayers. There are many, many LBs better than anything United can put out, but not all of them are the solution we're looking for.

Well, he seems to be rated lower than a LB from the Brazilian league. I do hope I'm wrong, though, and that he's spectacular if he joins us. I used to rate him highly as well, but I've not managed to keep up with Serie A for a while, and have to take other peoples word for it. Hopefully his not very good performances has made his price drop, and that he'll find his ways once again.

Now, this i agree with entirely, and haven't said otherwise. I'm just not sold on him being the answer to our prayers. There are many, many LBs better than anything United can put out, but not all of them are the solution we're looking for.

Not sure where you get that from

This ones not happening it seems. It's the first signing I would make as Utd manager but Jose seems happy with young. Even said he wants him to play 50 games next season. We have to improve in both fullback positions.

It's not worrying at all when Marcelo and Filipe Luis are the players above, they are both better and both top 10 leftbacks. Also within a group they compliment each others with one being very good defensively and the other very offensively.

Good point, but FIlipe Luis just broke his leg, didn't he? Is he even back for the World Cup?

I have not been impressed by Sandro when seeing him, but that doesn’t really mean a lot to be honest - I have seen maybe 10 games, not 30. Marcelo is not only the best left-back in the world, he is one of the best players there is - so not being in the squad means little. Marcelo will play all minutes, Luis will be cover or be thrown in when they need to properly defend. Lots of good players are left behind because of another one being a tad better.

This ones not happening it seems. It's the first signing I would make as Utd manager but Jose seems happy with young. Even said he wants him to play 50 games next season. We have to improve in both fullback positions.

Why would it be about Mourinho? Maybe the player isn't as kin on a move as journos claim and maybe Juventus aren't willing to sell either?

Why would it be about Mourinho? Maybe the player isn't as kin on a move as journos claim and maybe Juventus aren't willing to sell either?
Well we simply don't know. but the fact that there hasn't been a bid and with Joses quotes about hoping Young plays 50 games next season, it perhaps suggests that he doesn't see LB as a priority.

I thought this Fágner guy was a LB, but he's a RB. My mistake.
Dani Alves is injured and the RBs are Danilo and Fagner. The generation of RBs is weak. Alex Sandro was always behind Marcelo and Felipe Luis is an better tactical alternative.

Alex Sandro was rated by many even higher than Marcelo last season. He is having an average season by his standards but played many games as winger.

Not sure if he will back to his old form though.

Well we simply don't know. but the fact that there hasn't been a bid and with Joses quotes about hoping Young plays 50 games next season, it perhaps suggests that he doesn't see LB as a priority.

I will tell you this, Shaw is fine. I'm no expert but looking around, most teams don't have vastly superior fullbacks. We have a bigger problem with fans and maybe manager's expectations on top of a "grass is greener" mentality.