A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in that case nor he is anywhere near as poor and brainless as you often claim.

So he's brainless and (as you've said in the past) a poor player, yet highly effective?

Confused.com

Would you consider Walcott a very intelligent player?

The qúestion is - is there anyone here who wouldn't want Ashley Young for £10 million ?

I dunno. I've seen Ashley Young disappear in too many matches.

He is good for a midtable club, or Liverpool, but not us.

"Proven in the Premiership"? Proven to be good, but not good enough.

He can't even get into the England team on a regular basis, why would he be good enough for United?

I have seen Young take topclubs apart (Chelsea at home last season I think it was) - I can't help but feeling that the criticism against Young is pretty much the same as we heard when the rumours about Valencia started surfacing. He is good - just not good enough.

Imagine playing away at home - up front we have Young, Nani and Valencia behind Rooney. Doesn't sound too bad does it ?

I'm with Glaston. Harry has made it clear that he sees Bale as a full back in the long term so should they sign Young (which I don't think they will btw) then I'd expect Bale to be shifted back and Young to play from the left with Lennon on the right.

Harry clearly rates Lennon highly and he's very effective for them.

Bale is shit at LB and quite clearly is better at LW - why would a manager even consider moving him back?

I have seen Young take topclubs apart (Chelsea at home last season I think it was) - I can't help but feeling that the criticism against Young is pretty much the same as we heard when the rumours about Valencia started surfacing. He is good - just not good enough.

Imagine playing away at home - up front we have Young, Nani and Valencia behind Rooney. Doesn't sound too bad does it ?

Certainly better than the dross we put out away right now.

Bale is shit at LB and quite clearly is better at LW - why would a manager even consider moving him back?

Because that's where he see's him in the long term.

I'm sure he actually said that and I didn't make it up :nervous:

I'm simply questioning why the manager sees this not you.

Dunno. I can only image he thinks Bale might get "found out" as a winger in the long term as he's basically just a push it and run style winger.

If he can improve his defending he'd be one of the best attacking full backs around.

Nani, Giggs, Rooney and Berbatov?

Dross indeed :wenger:

Giggs doesn't start all away games though does he? The players are fine, it's the performances that are just...strange away from home. Young, Valencia and Nani behind Rooney might and should be better than that. Lots of width with Valenia and Nani and Young behind Rooney with Fletcher and Carrick in midfield doesn't sound too bad...especially since 4-4-2 has not really worked for us much away from home. Dross was very harsh, meant it more for the performance than the players.

Dunno. I can only image he thinks Bale might get "found out" as a winger in the long term as he's basically just a push it and run style winger.

If he can improve his defending he'd be one of the best attacking full backs around.

But we have Evra who will be first choice left back for a long time so where will Bale get to play at left back? If he can improve defensively then he's an amazing option to play from the back with him and Nani on the left but I'd be amazed if we bought him and even more amazed if he played Left back for us at any time other than that of an injury crisis.

But we have Evra who will be first choice left back for a long time so where will Bale get to play at left back? If he can improve defensively then he's an amazing option to play from the back with him and Nani on the left but I'd be amazed if we bought him and even more amazed if he played Left back for us at any time other than that of an injury crisis.

Huh?

We're talking about Harry moving Bale to LB.

Huh?

We're talking about Harry moving Bale to LB.

Oh sorry :lol:

I thought it was a discussion about if Bale moved to United.

Hmm, why should Harry play Bale left back by the way? He's more effective on the wing and has done all his damage there.

Giggs doesn't start all away games though does he? The players are fine, it's the performances that are just...strange away from home. Young, Valencia and Nani behind Rooney might and should be better than that. Lots of width with Valenia and Nani and Young behind Rooney with Fletcher and Carrick in midfield doesn't sound too bad...especially since 4-4-2 has not really worked for us much away from home. Dross was very harsh, meant it more for the performance than the players.

I'll agree that most away performances have been dross but that isn't what you said :smirk:

I'll agree that most away performances have been dross but that isn't what you said :smirk:

Well yes the players we put out aren't dross, their performances away are. There is a huge huge difference in our players home and away.

I have no problems with signing Young except for the fact that he's not left-footed. Decent goal ratio (better than Valencia's before he came here, and he's improved there), versatile and is English. A good English core is something that we've maintained here and it's those players that usually stay here the longest and provide stability.

However, I'd really prefer we got a left-footer. Bale would be ideal but too expensive. We've got Nani, Valencia and Park who are all right-footed (obviously ignoring that Goggs bloke) already. If Evra gets injured or banned then we won't have a single left footer on the left which is a problem.

Well yes the players we put out aren't dross, their performances away are. There is a huge huge difference in our players home and away.

I agree however I have no major concerns about the forwards. It's the supporting cast that have been playing like a bunch of extras.

I agree however I have no major concerns about the forwards. It's the supporting cast that have been playing like a bunch of extras.

Agreed. But even our forward line has been ordinary away despite the poor service. From being the second best team away last year to the rubbish served up away this year?

Sanchez has genuine World Class talent though. I think we'll end up kicking ourselves if we don't pick him up while we have the chance.

Based on what?

He's obviously looking decent in Serie A which isn't anywhere hear the standard it was - players with a bit of pace seem to do well regardless.

No doubt he looked a good player in the world cup but to say he's a "world class talent" is going a bit far.

Good. Do you doubt how effective he tends to be for the Gunners?
No, but so what?

Dragging Walcott into the discussion does not prove that Lennon is either brainless or a poor player.

Lennon pulls most defences apart - plain and simple - and no fullback likes to face him. He also delivers some very intelligent pull-backs and crosses ... often from dangerous positions close to the by-line after beating his man.

You can slate Lennon all you like, but I bet you a pound to a penny that Harry has no wish to replace him and doesn't see Young as an upgrade.

No, but so what? .
You were the one trying to call people confused for saying Lennon is a brainless yet effective player.

Dragging Walcott into the discussion does not prove that Lennon is either brainless or a poor player.
Rather it proves you were talking shit when you claimed I was confused to call Lennon brainless but effective.

Besides, I don't need to bring up other players to back up my statements about Lennon. He does a good job of proving me right often all on his own.

Lennon pulls most defences apart - plain and simple - and no fullback likes to face him. He also delivers some very intelligent pull-backs and crosses ... often from dangerous positions close to the by-line after beating his man.
I hear this crap all the time about Lennon. Most of the time he runs into blind alleys, tends to make blind cut backs and makes over hit crosses. Luckily for him he has Crouch nowadays playing on the regular to pluck them out of the air and make them useful. Last season when Crouch wasn't the regular starter he wasn't doing any where near as well as he has this season.

You can slate Lennon all you like, but I bet you a pound to a penny that Harry has no wish to replace him and doesn't see Young as an upgrade.
There is no way Spurs will keep progressing with Lennon as first choice right winger. That I'm sure of. Whenever he gets the chance Redknapp will buy an upgrade.

With all these great players at Spurs I don't understand how they aren't running away with the league at the moment.
And all because I don't regard Young as an upgrade on Lennon?

Get a grip.

You were the one trying to call people confused for saying Lennon is a brainless yet effective player. ....
No, I was calling you confused for saying that Lennon was (a) brainless; (b) a poor player; yet (c) highly effective.

.... I hear this crap all the time about Lennon. Most of the time he runs into blind alleys and makes over hit crosses. Luckily for him he has Crouch nowadays playing on the regular to pluck then out of the air and make them useful.
Most of the time he makes good crosses (and pullbacks), pulls defences this way and that, causes gaps and space to appear, generally terrorises defenders and poses a considerable counter-attackking threat (as AC Milan discovered to their cost).

If you don't see that then you either you don't see him play often enought or you are being stubbornly blinkered. So I don't share you view and - funnily enough - neither do the vast majority of Spurs fans who see him play week in and week out.

There is no way Spurs will keep progressing with Lennon as first choice right winger.
Wishful thinking I'm afraid.

Whenever he gets the chance Redknapp will buy an upgrade.
Well, he's had five transfers windows in which to do it already ... so don't hold your breath.

No, I was calling you confused for saying that Lennon was (a) brainless; (b) a poor player; yet (c) highly effective.
I stick by that. Have you not seen a Stoke City play? You seem to think such players don't exist. There are loads of nothing special players who are very effective for their teams. Lennon is one of many. Due to his greatest asset, pure pace.

Most of the time he makes good crosses (and pullbacks), pulls defences this way and that, causes gaps and space to appear, generally terrorises defenders and poses a considerable counter-attackking threat (as AC Milan discovered to their cost).
:lol:He created only 1 goal mate. 1! You talk like he tore them to shreds the way Bale did to Inter twice.

If you don't see that then you either you don't see him play often enought or you are being stubbornly blinkered.
:lol: Glaston you are one of the most blinkered posters around on here. Don't try to pass that off on me! Not long ago you were claiming you wouldn't have ''anyone'' over Bale in your team. Then started back tracking once the likes of Ronaldo were brought up....

So I don't share you view and - funnily enough - neither do the vast majority of Spurs fans who see him play week in and week out.
So what if your fellow Spurs fans rate him? Since when did they become the experts on quality wide men?

Wishful thinking I'm afraid.
Your fear as usual is misplaced.

Well, he's had five transfers windows in which to do it already ... so don't hold your breath.
As if in any of those windows you had the chance to sign a player like Young or an even superior winger than him..:lol:

Based on what?

He's obviously looking decent in Serie A which isn't anywhere hear the standard it was - players with a bit of pace seem to do well regardless.

No doubt he looked a good player in the world cup but to say he's a "world class talent" is going a bit far.

I don't think he's a World Class player yet but I think he has World Class talent.

I stick by that. Have you not seen a Stoke City play? You seem to think such players don't exist. There are loads of nothing special players who are very effective for their teams. Lennon is one of many. Due to his greatest asset, pure pace. ...
The difference is that Lennon would walk into the Stoke first XI - but no Stoke players would walk into the Spurs first XI.

But then again, you probably can't see that because you are fixed in your blinkered view of Lennon.

.... He created only 1 goal mate. 1! You talk like he tore them to shreds the way Bale did to Inter twice. ...
One goal that was crucial to our reaching the CL QFs. Or if that's not good enough for you, how about his two assists in the earlier win over Werder Bremen?

PS. Try asking Evra if he see Lennon as "poor and brainless".

.... So what if your fellow Spurs fans rate him? Since when did they become the experts on quality wide men? ....
Since when did you become an expert? At least the Spurs fans have the advantage of seeing him play a lot more than you have.

As if in any of those windows you had the chance to sign a player like Young or an even superior winger than him..:lol:
If you think Young is so great, then presumably you'll be over the moon if Fergie signs him. If you're happy then I'm happy .... and I wouldn't be bothered at all to see Young sign for your lot.

As for Spurs, if he was signed he'd be coming simply as squad competition/cover unless Bale was shifted to LB. It's as plain as day that Harry rates Lennon. You can't see that? OK, whatever.

Based on what?

I'd say the Serie A does not look any less competitive than, say, La Liga which has about two teams in it.

He has been very good in the world cup and he has been one of the best players in the league he plays in and doing it both with breathtaking flair. He's JUST turned 22 and he's truly breaking through not unlike Ronaldo did at that age, albeit in a lesser league but that's partially negated because he's also playing in a lesser team at both international and club level.

How could he do any more than that? If he isn't a world class TALENT/POTENTIAL, then wtf is?

John Carew is better than Crouch

You reckon?

Carew has his days but he's one of the most inconsistant strikers in the league.

I'd rather have Crouch. Well, if we're talking about who I'd rather it would be none but you know what I mean :)

Status
Not open for further replies.