A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Downing was very good for them last season, I dont know for sure who was better he or Young as I didnt watch them enough.

But from what I did see, its fair to discuss who was the better

fergieisold

I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. I've always thought he was a good player but taken little notice of him until his last few England appearances when he looked really dangerous and made me sit up and take note! Good signing, still can't work out where he is going to fit in though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What has that got to do with what most Villa fans thought last season?
I see you edited my post to remove the bit that makes it perfectly clear what point I was making.

You said that people on here would dismiss Villa fans opinions purely because we've now signed Young, suggesting (as you always do) that we're all just biased and that's the only reason we disagree. So I'm saying go back to before we were linked with him and find a single post saying Downing is better.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
To be honest a lot on here dont think like that at all. They just spout lazy opinions because they see someone like you has said something and think it must be correct
How could you possibly know this?! Also, I don't think the opinion of some random bloke on the internet holds that much credibility with people, Sir Alex's opinion on the other hand

You should probably take a look at my previous comments re: Young in this thread

I think he offers a slight bit more than Valencia coming forward, definitely a lot less defensively. But I also like the fact he can play on the left which means Nani can play on the right when in form

I think he's a good player. I always felt that way when some others were taking shots at him and didnt think he was good. And now it looks like we're signing him I still think he's a good player. My only concern is the price and wages because the figures that have been mentioned thus far are over the top

So why would I be taking shots? I was actually trying to explain it to those talking about people changing their tune when we show interest in a player and go from not rating him to making him out to be great.

We've all seen that happen and it might be the case, but as I said - it might just be people being positive and giving him a chance
Not taking shots at those who think Ashley Young's good, taking shots at those who are changing their opinion on him (or any player). People seem to get annoyed by this. People get annoyed by others 'jumping on the bandwagon'. You thought Young was good for a while, you 'spotted' his ability and pointed this out to other people, many who disagreed, but now they've changed their tune - this annoys people.

Maybe they had gradually changed their opinion on him and simply didn't voice their opinion on him in a while...it doesn't mean they simply thought he was crap until we bought him and then he was great. Or maybe they just didn't spend that much time watching him, didn't spend that much time thinking about him and so never really bothered to form much of an opinion, until they found out we were interested. Now they've looked at him a bit closer, paid more attention to his stats, listened to other opinions on him and they like what they see/hear....there's nothing wrong with that surely?

Ekeke

I dont really use the official site much so I was wondering why this news article isnt linked from the main page and I cant see it in the news and features section either

Have to admit I'm always a bit skeptical after all the times people have used the bug or whatever it was in the system that allowed them to make a page with all sorts of random players/people being on the official site

So how do you actually navigate to this Young article from the website?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I dont really use the official site much so I was wondering why this news article isnt linked from the main page and I cant see it in the news and features section either

Have to admit I'm always a bit skeptical after all the times people have used the bug or whatever it was in the system that allowed them to make a page with all sorts of random players/people being on the official site

:confused: It's on the top stories section of the main front page.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football

It's sat there looking at you.

Other than that try the link in the op of the Ashley Young thread in the United forum.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
I dont think he did think Bale was better than Modric. But cmon who watched more Spurs games last season. You or him?

Why are Villa fans idiots as opposed to other fans?
He was championing Bale's credentials for player of the year, saying he deserved it over anyone else.

Villa fans have consistently shown themselves to be idiots. Booing their team off after home draws when they were chasing 4th spot, thinking they were better than Martin O'Neill and most recently rejecting just about everyone linked to be their new manager as "not good enough for Villa", despite some of them quite clearly having impressive CV's and more than capable of handling a mid-table Premier League club.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I see you edited my post to remove the bit that makes it perfectly clear what point I was making.

You said that people on here would dismiss Villa fans opinions purely because we've now signed Young, suggesting (as you always do) that we're all just biased and that's the only reason we disagree. So I'm saying go back to before we were linked with him and find a single post saying Downing is better.
Again, why introduce the question as to what most caftards think, when my original post merely concerned what most Villa fans thought concerning last season.

So you can either dismiss the Villa fans as clueless, or accept their view as being likely correct, or disagree that this was indeed the view of most Villa fans ... or else sit on the fence.

I'm not really bothered either way.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
He was championing Bale's credentials for player of the year, saying he deserved it over anyone else....
No. I said that - out of the officially short-listed contenders (which didn't include Modric) - Bale was a worthy contender and not undeserving of winning.

In the meanwhile, elsewhere I've expressed the view that Modric is the key player at Spurs.

Spurs fans themselves gave the (Spurs) player of the season award to Modric - and I agree with this.

Mojo_pin

- Average of 10 goal per season (Well,almost)
- Great set piece taker
- Pace
- Versatility
- Never injured (almost)
- Creativity
- English
- Many assists/Good crosses
- Left winger

Do we value/need the above mentioned factors/skills?
Is Ashley Young a good signing?

Of course he is!
Plus the most important one for me, Aston Villa Captain (when Petrov was out).

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Again, why introduce the question as to what most caftards think, when my original post merely concerned what most Villa fans thought concerning last season.

So you can either dismiss the Villa fans as clueless, or accept their view as being likely correct, or disagree that this was indeed the view of most Villa fans ... or else sit on the fence.

I'm not really bothered either way.
Jesus you make hard work of things. You said that we would dismiss their opinions purely because he has now signed with United.

You brought caf members in to it with your silly little bias accusations.

I'm done with this conversation now, I can feel the brain cells jumping out of my ears like lemmings.

Mojo_pin

From 07/08-10/11, Ashley Young has provided 30 dead ball league assists: 7.5 per year. #MUFC's best Nani has averaged 4.25. Improvement.

Young's dead ball assist rate from last 4 years of 7.5 per season is better than Beckham - who averaged 4.77 per season in his #MUFC career.

47% of Ashley Young's career league goals have come away from home, compared to Valencia's 31% and Nani's 25%. #MUFC

Ashley Young has scored 32 goals in the Premier League - 100% on his right foot, 34.4% from outside the box, 37.5% from dead balls. #MUFC

Ashley Young is 7th on the PL assist rate list with 0.46 assists per game, behind Giggs, Bergkamp, Cantona, Fabregas, Henry & Beckham. #MUFC

5 – Ashley Young won more penalties than any other player in the 2010/11 Premier League season, winning 5 of Villa’s 6 spot kicks. Tricky.

44 – Since the start of the 2006/07 season, only Cesc Fabregas (60) has made more PL assists than Ashley Young (44). Creator.

Bread

From 07/08-10/11, Ashley Young has provided 30 dead ball league assists: 7.5 per year. #MUFC's best Nani has averaged 4.25. Improvement.

Young's dead ball assist rate from last 4 years of 7.5 per season is better than Beckham - who averaged 4.77 per season in his #MUFC career.

47% of Ashley Young's career league goals have come away from home, compared to Valencia's 31% and Nani's 25%. #MUFC

Ashley Young has scored 32 goals in the Premier League - 100% on his right foot, 34.4% from outside the box, 37.5% from dead balls. #MUFC

Ashley Young is 7th on the PL assist rate list with 0.46 assists per game, behind Giggs, Bergkamp, Cantona, Fabregas, Henry & Beckham. #MUFC

5 – Ashley Young won more penalties than any other player in the 2010/11 Premier League season, winning 5 of Villa’s 6 spot kicks. Tricky.

44 – Since the start of the 2006/07 season, only Cesc Fabregas (60) has made more PL assists than Ashley Young (44). Creator.
I read that like Jazz Club Man from Fast Show. Nice.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
£120K a week?

W T F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody picked up on this?

Source:

The England international is expected to sign a five-year contract at Old Trafford, taking his wages to around £120,000-a-week – roughly double what he earns at Villa Park – as Sir Alex Ferguson looks to continue what is likely to be the most thorough overhaul of his playing resources for 15 years.
Manchester United close to signing Aston Villa winger Ashley Young - Telegraph

If correct won't he be 2nd only to Rooney?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Villa fans have consistently shown themselves to be idiots. Booing their team off after home draws when they were chasing 4th spot, thinking they were better than Martin O'Neill and most recently rejecting just about everyone linked to be their new manager as "not good enough for Villa", despite some of them quite clearly having impressive CV's and more than capable of handling a mid-table Premier League club.
I dont see how that makes them more idiotic than any other fans. (including ours)

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think it will be about 80-90k a week and a 12M upfront fee leading upto 15M with add-ons.. I am sure that figure is incorrect.. As is the 20 Million figure being posted by many newspapers unless its the entire package 15 in fees as well as 5 mill as the salary..

Status
Not open for further replies.