A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't his contract run out in 2012?

If we wait a year then we can get him for nowt, so £25m is just simply ridiculous!!!

because he is english you know, when andy carroll goes for 35m, you know the transfer market is fecked.

personally i think he's good but just like Milner, Villa are his level, he cant step up to the big boys, he'll get found out.

I think he has more to offer a big club than Milner. He's more talented for one. Milner just has a high work rate and a decent/good shot and cross on him. Young would do better for us than Milner has done for City.

Young is a much better talent than Milner, takes great set pieces and is a lot more intelligent in terms of his positioning and movement in an attacking sense.

Should score more goals though. I like him, think he would be a great addition to the squad.

Should score more goals though. I like him, think he would be a great addition to the squad.

Everyone said that about Valencia before he joined, and he scored a fair few more goals for us in his first season than he did at Wigan.

Never underestimate the power a club like ours will have on a players performances enhancements.

I'd like young, because Sanchez is very unlikely at this stage.

Everyone said that about Valencia before he joined, and he scored a fair few more goals for us in his first season than he did at Wigan.

Never underestimate the power a club like ours will have on a players performances enhancements.

I'd like young, because Sanchez is very unlikely at this stage.

You mean impossible!

Long-term replacement for Giggs?

We've got Nani and Valencia.

I don't think it's about a replacement for one winger or another, more like building an arsenal of good wingers. We've got two, Giggs is a bonus, Park has his qualities. But the wings are so important for us we probably need another pacey one.

We've got Nani and Valencia.

I don't think it's about a replacement for one winger or another, more like building an arsenal of good wingers. We've got two, Giggs is a bonus, Park has his qualities. But the wings are so important for us we probably need another pacey one.

So, yes then.

He'd improve our squad, but probably not our first eleven.

Young is a much better talent than Milner, takes great set pieces and is a lot more intelligent in terms of his positioning and movement in an attacking sense.

I'd kill for a player who can take a fecking free kick...

Yep, get him in. I think people are a bit sceptical of him due to Villas league position, but he has been far and away thier best player.

Albrighton would give a shout, not to mention Downing.

Young's best period was where he had Agbonlahor spreading the attacking and leading the line while he was playing LW and cuts in to take a shot on his right.

Young this season has been too tightly marked imo. but is has allowed other players to get involved more but Villa seriously lack a striker that will get on the end of things.

Anyhow, if we move Young back to LW, he'd be a good player... 25m ? Thats a joke for a player who's contract is about to run out.

15m max imo. Unless it becomes a bidding war.

Please no. Enough squad buys, we need first eleven quality (which will automatically bump up the squad strength anyway).

Not on the wing by the way.

And no I wouldn't change my mind if his name was Younginho.

Please no. Enough squad buys, we need first eleven quality (which will automatically bump up the squad strength anyway).

Not on the wing by the way.

And no I wouldn't change my mind if his name was Younginho.

Don't worry, this story is a total BS. According to The Sun we've already bought Rodwell and now this story about Young. They write this shit so that they can tell you in July that they were the first to report that the deal was done - doesn't matter than only 1% of what they claim is a done deal actually ends as a transfer.

Don't worry, this story is a total BS. According to The Sun we've already bought Rodwell and now this story about Young. They write this shit so that they can tell you in July that they were the first to report that the deal was done - doesn't matter than only 1% of what they claim is a done deal actually ends as a transfer.

It almost certianly isnt.

And it would be a good deal.

No way in hell is Young worth 25million, especially with just 12months left on his contract in th summer.

15million max for him imo.

Yeh I didnt mean £25 was a good deal, I meant signing him would be a good deal.

I think he can be got for 10-12m with a year on the contract, thats surely worth the gamble.

He really is a much better player this season.

Yeh I didnt mean £25 was a good deal, I meant signing him would be a good deal.

I think he can be got for 10-12m with a year on the contract, thats surely worth the gamble.

He really is a much better player this season.

well then I agree.

I think he would be a very good addition to the squad and provide good cover and competition for Nani and Valencia - i think signing him for around 12million would be a good deal for United.

well then I agree.

I think he would be a very good addition to the squad and provide good cover and competition for Nani and Valencia - i think signing him for around 12million would be a good deal for United.

Yep that would leave us extremely strong in those positions.

Just need a central midfielder and a keeper and we are away :devil:

I just don't understand this interest, on a few levels.

Price
Positions we need to strengthen in
His quality..

30 million for Ashley Young????

.... ah, April 1st :)

Unless we are the only one's interested I can't see Villa having to sell a 25 year old England international for as little as some in here think.

Ozil is a better player, and he cost only £12m with a year to run on his contract. I can't imagine Young would go for more than that.

I just don't understand this interest, on a few levels.

Price
Positions we need to strengthen in
His quality..

Like another said, those are the reasons we should be signing him. He'll be cheap with 12 months to run on his contract. We have nothing past Nani on the left. He's better than most here give him credit for, and he gets goals/assists (averaging 9 goals + 14 assists in each of his 4 full seasons at Villa [this unfinished one included]).

He's a good left winger, who can play in a 4-4-3 or 4-4-2, and has a better free kick on him than anyone we have now. He's also English.

Why wouldn't we want him ?

The story seems to keep coming up over and over again. Rumour is he would leave for Liverpool or Tottenham but he wants to go to United. I think he will be our player come the summer however no way are we paying £25m for him neither will he be getting £100,000 in wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.