A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.

red2deadboy

I am hoping to see following team tried at some point as it is young, energetic and has pace all over the park:

------------Rooney
Nani----Ander--Young---Valencia
------------Jones
Evra------Vidic--Rio-----Raf

Hopefully anderson will kick on this season and jones might add a little bit of much needed steel to a delicate midfield

Mickey

Stop paying attention to this a while ago
I am hoping to see following team tried at some point as it is young, energetic and has pace all over the park:

------------Rooney
Nani----Ander--Young---Valencia
------------Jones
Evra------Vidic--Rio-----Raf

Hopefully anderson will kick on this season and jones might add a little bit of much needed steel to a delicate midfield
How english. Instead of going for the best technical players, just go for power and pace instead..

And thats not a great team. And youve moved young into a completely new position for the sake of it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Valencia - Carrick - Giggs
Rooney - Young
Hernandez​

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I want to go to bed after signing Ashley, but I have a flight to catch.

Off to Milano.

Laters.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I'm more worried about the "Why no Asian or Latino ?" comment. Simply because in this countries footballing circles neither are very common so playing the percentages you probably are accurate, give or take a honky or two.

Member 5225

So basically Sanchez/Modric/Sneijder is that ?

We won't be playing Barca everyday and our problem against Barca were tactical ones and not to mention Fletcher catching a virus.

Get over it mann !
naive to think our problems (twice) vs Barca were ONLY tactical and due to no Fletcher. Our players no matter WHAT tactics they were put in would've been spanked, and Fletcher would hardly have made a difference!

And why not obsess about Barca and rate our team to see how it might fare against Barca, we want to be the best and to reach that bar, we have to match/beat Barcelona, so buying tier 2/3 players just won't do it IMO esp if Chelski, Liverpool, City, etc strengthen massively as they have been showing an intent to.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
naive to think our problems (twice) vs Barca were ONLY tactical and due to no Fletcher. Our players no matter WHAT tactics they were put in would've been spanked, and Fletcher would hardly have made a difference!

And why not obsess about Barca and rate our team to see how it might fare against Barca, we want to be the best and to reach that bar, we have to match/beat Barcelona, so buying tier 2/3 players just won't do it IMO esp if Chelski, Liverpool, City, etc strengthen massively as they have been showing an intent to.
Young isn't a 2/3 tier player you knob head. He is a very good player surrounded by a load of shite up front and has managed to even get some impressive stats.

Twice Barca, we had the same MF and played them, twice we had no MF who actually got stuck in, twice where none of our players actually played like United...

So F*ck off, it wasn't that our players had no quality, it was the tactics, we allowed Messi too much room to start things from deep, twice where Messi started CF and our CB's couldn't pick him up... Its f*cking twice now and we should start learning to mark Messi..

So you call that tactics or did you you think if we had Modric/Sneijder instead of Giggsy would have made much of a difference ? Fletcher would have been ideal as Carrick's zonal marking does not work against players who can both dribble and pass...

Neo_Mufc

The £15million stated I believe is a great deal. Had he more years left on his contract we could easily have been looking at something close to £25million. They compared his stats to Nanis today on SSN and I think he had less assists but hopefully when he starts playing with us he will improve as a player and contribute a lot more to what he did at Villa. He doesn't look like a player who will be intimidated by the players we already have coming from Villa and has started to put some good shifts for England aswell. Looking forward to seeing him becoming a top player at United.

westlife4ever

Racist post. I am report you. Why do you assume they all look the same because they are all black? Why no Portuguese? Ecuadorian? Oh I am so reporting this
:lol: easy mate... Lots of fans here in HK think they look like each other. It's just the same as many westerners can't tell the difference between oriental guys.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: easy mate... Lots of fans here in HK think they look like each other. It's just the same as many westerners can't tell the difference between oriental guys.
Woooosh

Racist post. I am report you. Why do you assume his posse are all black? Why no Asian? Latino? Oh I am so reporting this
Racist post. I am report you. Why do you assume they all look the same because they are all black? Why no Portuguese? Ecuadorian? Oh I am so reporting this

Crustanoid

I wonder what your idols at Westlife Towers would think of this attitude?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
4-2-3-1

------------------Thegayone---------------

Rafael--------Rio-------------Vidic-------------Evra

------------Fletch/Jones-----Carrick/Park-----------

Valencia/Park-------Young/Anderson/Cleverley---------Nani/Giggs

----------------------Rooney/Hernandez-----------------------

Doevle

4-2-3-1

------------------Thegayone---------------

Rafael--------Rio-------------Vidic-------------Evra

------------Fletch/Jones-----Carrick/Park-----------

Valencia/Park-------Young/Anderson/Cleverley---------Nani/Giggs

----------------------Rooney/Hernandez-----------------------
The last thing I`d want to do is break up the Rooney-Hernandez-partnership up front.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
The last thing I`d want to do is break up the Rooney-Hernandez-partnership up front.
Indeed, this is the question I have yet to see answered. Young clearly is going to have to rotate with nani and Valencia out wide, or with the likes of Rooney centrally.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that young is not fixing a problem or filling a hole in our squad.

I just hope that fergie has something special planned for central midfield, given that we are now signing 3 players, none of whom are particularly good central midfielders (although both jones and young can "do a job" there).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Oh OK then, it's a pefectly good justification for racial stereotyping.....strewth:rolleyes:

Jinn

Lets hope Young is an inspired signing, much like how Dwight York was.

I still can't see how he is going to improve the team.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This must be part of United's mission to stop me from being excited about the new season.

Status
Not open for further replies.