A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
His assists count is quite impressive, with him or Nani on the left and Valencia/Nani on the right i can see Rooney/Hernandez being quite productive in front of goal.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
But, but, but....he's not foreign and exciting?

Seriously what the feck is this shit? There are a 100 teenage Brazilian kids who are better than this guy, and we could probably sign 20 of them for the same price.

red2deadboy

How english. Instead of going for the best technical players, just go for power and pace instead..

And thats not a great team. And youve moved young into a completely new position for the sake of it.
Not sure what games you've been watching but Young has been playing a few game in the middle of the park and doing rather well, and scoring goals which is a rather nice trait.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
But, but, but....he's not foreign and exciting?

Seriously what the feck is this shit? There are a 100 teenage Brazilian kids who are better than this guy, and we could probably sign 20 of them for the same price.
Neymar is huge talent and Pato is doing alright but other then that I don't know. Please help me and give me at least five of those Brazilian teenage talents who are better then Young.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Neymar is huge talent and Pato is doing alright but other then that I don't know. Please help me and give me at least five of those Brazilian teenage talents who are better then Young.
I think he's joking.

IL_DUCE

I said last year that Young is exactly what we need. SAF agreed with me, and he is now about to sign. I am very pleased.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

I said last year that Young is exactly what we need. SAF agreed with me, and he is now about to sign. I am very pleased.
Could you now say him Sneijder is exactly what we need? But please make him sign him this year if that's ok with you.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Thiago Santos
Rodrigo Ferninho
Luis Fernando
Fajito Costa
Carlos Kickaball

Of course!

puNANI

Nice English core to the squad for the future with the summers signings. Rooney, Carrick, Young, Jones and Smalling will most likely be at the club for the next 4-5 years plus.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The last thing I`d want to do is break up the Rooney-Hernandez-partnership up front.
Pls bear in mind that this is just an idea of the system at work. Having so many players who are fast and equally versatile will give SAF options and add to the team's fluidity. We will be able to play with Hernandez/Owen upfront backed by Rooney, Young and Nani. Against tougher opposition Hernandez may lose his place in favor of Rooney and Park in either flanks or CM. Players will also be able to switch their positions during the game. In one moment you'll have Hernandez upfront with Nani/Young/Rooney at his back. In another instance of the same game, Rooney may switch upfront, Hernandez at his back and Young/Nani switch flank. This should cause havoc in the opponents defense similar to the one caused by our forward line during the 3rd CL win.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Very safe signing. Always liked him. Would love a lot of those feckers who slagged me off and hit me with green smilies in a thread about a year ago saying he would improve the squad to come out of the woodwork.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Carlos Kickaball is the best player I've ever seen. He's like Messi 2.0.
feck! I forget my medication this morning. Kickaball looks great! Must be the second coming after Fajita.

I'm not so quick early in the morning. It was fun anyway. Messi 2.0....

Rowem

gently, down the stream
feck! I forget my medication this morning. Kickaball looks great! Must be the second coming after Fajita.

I'm not so quick early in the morning. It was fun anyway. Messi 2.0....
:lol::D

Youngie

I remember a similar feeling of indifference when we signed a 'promising' forward from Villa back in the day..... Dwight Yorke didn't turn out too shoddy though did he?
Trust the wizard.

humdinger

I remember a similar feeling of indifference when we signed a 'promising' forward from Villa back in the day..... Dwight Yorke didn't turn out too shoddy though did he?
Trust the wizard.
Exactly, I was very underwhelmed at the time, and a bit bemused as to why we were getting him. Didn't think we needed him. A few games later and he was on his way to making himself one of the club's greats!!

Ashley Young can be terrific for us next season. After originally being quite surprised I'm starting to get quite excited about him coming here - think he will flourish playing with higher calibre players.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Dwight Yorke was already a top striker when we brought him though, I don't remember being disappointed by that buy...

Young is kind of, well not that exciting really, is he?

Seems like big money for a player with only a year left on his contract when, if we were to sell, we'd get less than £10M for Berba. Alright so he's much younger but Berba is a much better player, which sort of evens things out.

wr8_utd

:'(
Ashley Young is 7th on the PL assist rate list with 0.46 assists/game, behind Giggs, Bergkamp, Cantona, Fabregas, Henry & Beckham.

Not too shabby eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.