A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young can feck off.I hope we stay well clear of that type of overrated winger

Too late for that I think, unless perhaps we go for Sanchez causing SAF to go all "lol just kiddin, find a new club". Besides, I don't think he'll just be used on the wing.

If this is such a 'done deal' I don't understand why it's still not confirmed. Apart from the papers is saying its done, is there any actual real evidence?

If this is such a 'done deal' I don't understand why it's still not confirmed. Apart from the papers is saying its done, is there any actual real evidence?

Suppose the fact he's not been linked to any other team, especially liverpool!

Young is on holiday at the moment, the deal will be completed once he returns.

Young is on holiday at the moment, the deal will be completed once he returns.

When the feck is he supposed to return, every tabloid says its done and there's no official word form our club. This uncertainty the transfers is so annoying, how much the muppet inside me wait?

Could somebody point me to some source suggesting any official from United have expressedly told we will be signing Young? I don't get why everyone, including the media, are so certain he will sign for us.

Could somebody point me to some source suggesting any official from United have expressedly told we will be signing Young? I don't get why everyone, including the media, are so certain he will sign for us.

Sorry mate your right. It's all fabricated lies..

Sorry mate your right. It's all fabricated lies..

I've never suggested anything of that sort. As we all know, the transfer market is a strange place. I don't believe anything that isn't official or coming from the player's or his agent's mouth.

I've never suggested anything of that sort. As we all know, the transfer market is a strange place. I don't believe anything that isn't official or coming from the player's or his agent's mouth.

Logical, but I have to say the defeaning silence from everyone - player, agent, clubs, papers - about Young does hint that there's nothing to talk about. The media reported the deal done a week or so ago, just waiting for him to come back from holiday to make it official. This player Is moving this summer, he's quite a good player, he's english. If anyone thought there was anything going on rather than a done deal, there would have been something.

Was it not reported he'd had a medical at United prior to going on holiday?

When everyone is saying the same thing - and noone is denying - that is usually a clear indication! As soon as "everyone" agreed that he would sign as soon as he had taken a couple of weeks vacation - the rumours completely died. If it hadn't been the case - new rumours would have surfaced because clearly his agent would have been chasing clubs for his client.

You would think signing for Man Utd would be more important than going on holiday

We don't know what's going on. Maybe we wanted to delay things from some reason, who knows. I seriously doubt he refused to stay an extra day or so in England in order to complete the deal.

McLeish confirmed the club had given up hope of keeping Young, who he expects to tie up a switch to Old Trafford this week.
"It's not confirmed yet but it does seem likely," said McLeish. "In my humble opinion it will be very difficult [to keep hold of him]."
McLeish has been linked with his former Birnigham keeper Ben Foster following his switch from St Andrews but the Scot said: "It’s unlikely I’ll go back to my old club [to sign players]. But we certainly need a goalkeeper."

Football premier-league: Exclusive - McLeish: 'Villa don't want to lose Downing' | Radio talkSPORT

really?

McLeish confirmed the club had given up hope of keeping Young, who he expects to tie up a switch to Old Trafford this week.
"It's not confirmed yet but it does seem likely," said McLeish. "In my humble opinion it will be very difficult [to keep hold of him]."
McLeish has been linked with his former Birnigham keeper Ben Foster following his switch from St Andrews but the Scot said: "It’s unlikely I’ll go back to my old club [to sign players]. But we certainly need a goalkeeper."

Football premier-league: Exclusive - McLeish: 'Villa don't want to lose Downing' | Radio talkSPORT

really?

I like this! A quality signing who will fit in perfect in our squad.

We need to start pretending he's better/suits us better/will score more/will assist more than Sanchez. :drool:

I don't understand why we're signing him - in the sense that I don't think we need a player of his ilk. But he is a great option to have. We're going to have very good coverage across the attacking positions.

The main reason I see for us signing us to have the possibility of resting Nani, something we did'nt really have last season, if Nani did'nt play we lost a lot of our attacking threat, and he tired before the end of the season, also Young is very direct and fast, something I've felt we lacked sometimes last season.

I don't understand why we're signing him - in the sense that I don't think we need a player of his ilk. But he is a great option to have. We're going to have very good coverage across the attacking positions.

Same, really. Can see his attributes, but I just think it has the potential to unbalance the squad.

On the plus side, this means it looks like we've a shedload of cash to spend this summer, given that by no means do we need a player like Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.