A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
These posts saying we've signed him... Anything official or just muppetry?

what I'm saying is, their ambition isn't really comparable to United

When you've got three strikers who are better than him and the youngsters Welbeck and Macheda, why would you bother dropping the likes of Rooney when you can just play him left side instead?

I'd say he's got more chance of playing there for England than Utd

He'll get games through the middle but will be mainly used out wide. I don't doubt that at all.

At the end of the day, this transfer is a little bit counter-intuitive, as he's not being signed to fill an obvious vacancy in our squad.

Wouldn't be the first time, though, that Fergie's signed a player who plays in a position that doesn't immediately seem in need of strengthening. In a way, this reminds me of the Evra signing, when we had Heinze, Silvestre and O'Shea already at the club. That turned out ok.

At the end of the day, this transfer is a little bit counter-intuitive, as he's not being signed to fill an obvious vacancy in our squad.

Wouldn't be the first time, though, that Fergie's signed a player who plays in a position that doesn't immediately seem in need of strengthening. In a way, this reminds me of the Evra signing, when we had Heinze, Silvestre and O'Shea already at the club. That turned out ok.

And Hernandez when we had Rooney, Berba, Owen, Macheda, Welbeck and Diouf. Sometimes SAF just takes a punt that seems illogical to most of us but which turns out in hindsight to have been a masterstroke. I don't think there's any shame for anyone here to admit that we don't always know what SAF is planning; he wouldn't be the greatest football manager in the world if we could easily apply our own, layman logic to his decisions. Unfortunately it doesn't often work that way here on the caf; we've twenty or thirty muppets who all seem convinced that they could teach the great man himself a thing or two about building the United squad.

Not for Heinze it didn't :D

What was the last update on this transfer? Last I heard that he was cancelling his wedding and having a medical (probably unrelated) so expected it all but tied up by midweek.

Not for Heinze it didn't :D

What was the last update on this transfer? Last I heard that he was cancelling his wedding and having a medical (probably unrelated) so expected it all but tied up by midweek.

The Sun and the Daily Mail report about like it's already a done deal. Apparently we've signed De Gea and Young for a combined 55 million pounds although I can't find anything about it on manutd.com.

The Sun and the Daily Mail report about like it's already a done deal. Apparently we've signed De Gea and Young for a combined 55 million pounds although I can't find anything about it on manutd.com.

& Jones included in that £55mil I hope?

article-0-0C93A43E00000578-442_468x753.jpg

article-0-0C93A6F000000578-810_468x412.jpg

article-0-0C939E7700000578-490_468x501.jpg

Imagine being on holiday in the knowledge when you get back you're going to play for Manchester United.

Players should feel fecking blessed to even approach that red shirt, I really hope Young carries the determination to succeed at all levels to our club.

Holy shit he is skinny...

Is that the woman who he was suppose to marry but called off the wedding?

Some people have very scewed opinions on what is skinny and fat. That is no way near skinny in my books, okay maybe his legs but his upper body is normal-sized.

Imagine being on holiday in the knowledge when you get back you're going to play for Manchester United.

Players should feel fecking blessed to even approach that red shirt, I really hope Young carries the determination to succeed at all levels to our club.

Have I missed something? Is Young officially set for us?

I do find the fact that he's 26 a bit odd though. SAF generally never buys players over the age of 22 or 23 unless he needs to fill a gaping hole in the squad, which is really not the case with Young.

The only position I was expecting us to not get a young player in this season was midfield.

Well the first part of my post is fairly ambigious, I mean that for any player signing for us really.

Secondly, it's virtually a cert yes. Set to be concluded when he returns.

Since the U21 European Championship final is on the 25th of June, depending on when England goes out, sometime after that.

You do realise Young is 26 years old and not at the U21's right? Just 5 posts above there are pics of him on a Holiday.. Unless your suggesting we will sort of present all the new players i.e Jones, Young and De Gea on the same day..

When will this be done?

Its most likely be done when he is back from Holiday.. That too has been answered on every page since he agreed terms with us..

You do realise Young is 26 years old and not at the U21's right? Just 5 posts above there are pics of him on a Holiday..

:lol:

Its most likely be done when he is back from Holiday.. That too has been answered on every page since he agreed terms with us..

This

I reckon he's going to spend some time at his mum's after - probably get some tea, shower shit and a shave possible fleck at Made in Chelsea. Might even have a chinky if he's feeling hungry

Till then, it's up in the air

Pretty much everything agreed, Man United officials said that he would report to manchester after his holiday to do the medical and complete the transfer officially.

Status
Not open for further replies.