A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty much the same reaction as we had to Valencias signing.

How about we give the lad a chance and see what he can do with better players around him?

Hear hear!

Here goes me being controversial again. He will do a better job than Giggs this year!

Hear hear!

Here goes me being controversial again. He will do a better job than Giggs this year!

I would tend to agree with that.. I hope he gets enough chances though.. We need to deplete our attacking options a bit I think..

We have way too many Strikers & Wingers..

Spoony get down to Whalley Range BUPA mate.

There is a range rover with a little red devil transfer on the back window.

Couple of lads with cameras here

scaled.php

This is supposedly Ashley Young arriving for his medical. The generic brick wall and car in the background make it pretty official.

DTguardian daniel taylor
Ashley Young has been at Manchester United today, taking his medical. Announcement about signing could be tomorrow #MUFC #AVFC

From twitter yes, but also from the Guardian so it's genuine.

Here's Phil Jones leaving the hospital after his medical:

jones_1324525a.jpg

ARE THE BRICKS DIFFERENT COLORS?!

The little fecker have stolen my car. But I will not tell....will contact my insurance company for a nice compensation. The new model is also nice...

You are missing the point, the bricks aren't the same! We've been duped and Young must be signing for City.

I believe he will turn out to be a lot better than some of you think.

I agree Decotron, lets say Young plays absolutely sensationally and Nani has a slump, why should Young still be third choice?

To be honest the more I think about this signing the more I think we'll go Nani on one side and Young on the other in most games and use Valencia a bit more sparingly much like how we use Park (i.e. in the big games as Fergie trusts his defensive ability)

Having Nani and Young playing week in week out would also get us back to having wingers that can swap sides mid match something we haven't had since Valencia lost his left foot :)

I didn't think Valencia would have been a great signing for us at the start, but how wrong was i. Young will be just like Valencia I think. Already a good athlete, just need to mold him into the United way of playing and he will be a great signing for us.

If we let him sign for the dippers and he ends up doing well for em, most of you would be livid.

We've bagged on of England's most talented players, a versatile one too.

"AdZzUtd thanks for braving the cold weather of whalley range to provide us with up to date information - also, thanks for being ruggedly handsome + strong."

scaled.php

This is supposedly Ashley Young arriving for his medical. The generic brick wall and car in the background make it pretty official.

He's wearing red... It's official.

Cracker of a player and someone who will help us immensely.

Pros: Proper dual footed, can play on the left, great at set pieces, fast, trickery, English.

How anyone could complain is baffling. He's different than any winger we currently have and offers us another playing style. Plus his abilities from set pieces will secure us another 5/6 goals a season.

I can see a popular formation being:

----------------Rooney--------------
----------Young---------------------
Nani------------------------Valencia
-------Carrick----New Guy---------

Guardian says 15M.. I think that's about right.. That will be with the add-ons.. I assume its around 12M upfront and around 3M in add on fees..

Status
Not open for further replies.