A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoo! Shoo! Don't get your whatever it is on me!
Fly-swatter.jpg

:lol:
Glad someone's git a sense of humour.

You do realize if SAF wanted quality he should of went outside the realms of the "english".
Shit, we could have gotten a guy from another league with more technique, skill and who isn't inhibited by the common english flaw...."creativity".
The hell with his free kicks, there is so much more value out there!.
coulodn't care less though, as long as there is some quality in the centre of midfield at the end of the transfer window!

Are you aware of the rules?

Its the Antonio Valencia syndrome im sure, we sign someone from a lesser club and deem them beneath us because they arent from a european giant for 30 million pounds, add to the fact Youngs English and all the hoo har about how overrated everyone with an english passport is these days and you get this.

I agree with you, Young is an excellent player whos been as creative as anyone over years in the premier league for a pretty poor team.
That

You do realize if SAF wanted quality he should of went outside the realms of the "english".
Shit, we could have gotten a guy from another league with more technique, skill and who isn't inhibited by the common english flaw...."creativity".
The hell with his free kicks, there is so much more value out there!.
coulodn't care less though, as long as there is some quality in the centre of midfield at the end of the transfer window!

Speaking of English... Your grammar, punctuation and genral command of the language is ver poor.

You really do talk ''shit''

Have you?
i guess after 20,000 posts you wouldn't know a quality post if it hit you in the ass at 160km/hr.

jokes aside mate, you think this is good value? really? shit, you must have someone porking you in the ass if that is true!

feckin hell. :lol:

what the feck!!!!
15 mil is good value? Is it? Really?
If 15mil is good value, then 35 mil is excellent value for Benzema! Before anybody says 'Benzama hasn't proved his worth in the last year' the you can feck right off!
If SAF thought that 35 mil isn't 'value' and let Benzema go, the 15 mil for Young should be a fecking joke!
go ahead, prove me wrong!

Calm down , Jinn. No need for that!

so, I still remain asking ..... just how good is this Young chap:

Beckham circa 1998?
KanKan 1994?
Nani 2010/11

Or are we expecting the United effect to increase his capabilities like it did with Yorke, Irwin, Cantona etc.

Just how good is he and what job can he do for us that our already well stocked cadre of wingers cant? How does he help bridge the gap between us and Bercelona?

so, I still remain asking ..... just how good is this Young chap:

Beckham circa 1998?
KanKan 1994?
Nani 2010/11

Or are we expecting the United effect to increase his capabilities like it did with Yorke, Irwin, Cantona etc.

Just how good is he and what job can he do for us that our already well stocked cadre of wingers cant? How does he help bridge the gap between us and Bercelona?

Page 67 and you're still asking what's been answered at least once on each page 1-66?

Did you read everything before posting? Or did you not notice I had highlighted a certain bit?

facepalm yourself. NOW!

Yeah way to go for changing what you had highlighted in the first place. What is wrong in admitting you made a bloody mistake and move on?

Page 67 and you're still asking what's been answered at least once on each page 1-66?

But Ciderman, it hasn't!!! I genuinely don't have a clue! I dont doubt SAF, Im sure he has a great role to play, but Im not as clever as SAf as to work out what it actually is!!

If you would be so kind, please explain to me if you can be arsed.

Ashley Young heads to Manchester United but Phil Jones deal stalls
• Aston Villa player will sign after holiday break
• Blackburn refuse to transfer Jones's registration

Andy Hunter
guardian.co.uk, Friday 10 June 2011 21.56 BST
Article history

Ashley Young is poised to swap his Aston Villa colours for those of Manchester United. Photograph: Michael Regan/Getty Images
Manchester United will officially sign Ashley Young when the Aston Villa forward returns from holiday later this month but their capture of Phil Jones from Blackburn Rovers has been delayed by a dispute over the defender's transfer fee.

Jones passed a medical and agreed personal terms with United on Wednesday after the Premier League champions met the £16m release clause in the contract Blackburn awarded the 19-year-old in February. He then joined the England Under-21 squad in Denmark in preparation for the European Championships convinced, along with United and his agent, that the deal had been done.

Blackburn's owners, Venky's, have since said they do not have to accept a £16m transfer fee and, mindful of interest from Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal, believe he is worth more. Venky's have refused to transfer the player's registration and it may fall to lawyers to decide whether the wording in Jones' contract allows him to be sold at £16m or merely speak to clubs who meet that price. United are said to have no concerns that Jones' transfer will be completed and for £16m.

Young is believed to have agreed personal terms on an initial £16m move to Old Trafford from Villa Park but the transfer will not be formally announced until he has completed a medical. The England international is due to travel to the United States on holiday and is not expected to have had his medical before then. But Young, who had also been courted by Liverpool and Tottenham, has agreed to join United and, with an £18m deal in place for the Atlético Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea, will take United's committed spending to £50m.

Wesley Sneijder has committed his immediate future to Internazionale despite interest from Sir Alex Ferguson as he attempts to rebuild the United midfield for next season. The Holland international and Tottenham's Luka Modric were both under consideration by the United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, who is also keen on Arsenal's Samir Nasri but Sneijder has said: "There is a family atmosphere at Inter and there are all the ingredients to aim high. Milan is marvellous, picturesque and full of elegance. I love it. At the moment I am very happy here and I don't see why I should leave."

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed Eric Cantona will take charge of New York Cosmos when they provide the opposition for Paul Scholes' testimonial at Old Trafford on 5 August.

Yeah, that article is two days out of date Sam. Look at the date at the top.

But Ciderman, it hasn't!!! I genuinely don't have a clue! I dont doubt SAF, Im sure he has a great role to play, but Im not as clever as SAf as to work out what it actually is!!

If you would be so kind, please explain to me if you can be arsed.

It has, it's been discussed at length; just read through the last 20 or so pages of this thread.

Have you?
i guess after 20,000 posts you wouldn't know a quality post if it hit you in the ass at 160km/hr.

jokes aside mate, you think this is good value? really? shit, you must have someone porking you in the ass if that is true!

Why are you so obsessed with things going up asses?

Although i'm not gay, and whilst i'm playing with my daughter, i've always thought you were gay! So, i thought you might like the gesture! even though i'm not willing.

I'm sure if you had a daughter, you would understand, however for your info, just tell her to stay away from a strange morph called "Ciderman 6969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wish we were interested in Juan Mata instead of Young.

Yes, he'd probably cost twice as much but he'll be perfect for us on the left. Much better player than Young imo and he'll improve our first 11 rather than just add squad depth.

Yes, he'd probably cost twice as much but he'll be perfect for us on the left. Much better player than Young imo and he'll improve our first 11 rather than just add squad depth.

Why's it important to spend £30m on someone to play on the wing - one of the strongest parts of our first 11?

not a hcance juan mata is 30 milion quid or double young's price.

Everyone is touting him to be 20-25 million euro. about 22 million quid tops.

Agreed, would rather have Mata.

At least he takes a good corner and a decent FK too. An area we have been lacking in for a while.

At least he takes a good corner and a decent FK too. An area we have been lacking in for a while.

Someone else pointed this out the other day....Giggsy and Nani have been taking our corners the last 3-4 seasons, and in 07/08 we scored around 10 headed goals...

The problem isn't just the guys sending the corners in, we also seem to be missing Ronaldo and his heading prowess during corners.

Someone else pointed this out the other day....Giggsy and Nani have been taking our corners the last 3-4 seasons, and in 07/08 we scored around 10 headed goals...

The problem isn't just the guys sending the corners in, we also seem to be missing Ronaldo and his heading prowess during corners.

Ronaldo's absence plays a part but our set-piece delivery has been dire, so anything that improved this is a big plus.

I just read the last 3 pages.

I say United buy Jinn, and watch as he confuses teams across Europe - "Hahah, feck you Rooney you're English you have no creativity. Hey, Scholes, it good you retired, you fecking un-creative English knobhead, hows yo momma?"

Then he would perplex the worlds greatest defenders, 'I play with my daughter, feck you, yo momma defends better.'

Ladies and gentleman, crack cocaine.

what are the chances that he'll do a Valencia after we sign him? I am not convinced about him yet (my inner muppet) and there are certainly better players (Hazard, Sanchez)...

I dont think Hazard is better than Young. I fear the guy may turn into Quaresma eventually.

If we sign Young we know what we get. He is quite consistent and would add some spark and creativity to our side.

Nevertheless Id rather have Guardado than Young and Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.