A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha.

Be interesting to know how many goals were scored and who scored them.

The data would be a bit meaningless if Blackburn only scored a couple of goals and Pedersen got both of them!

The sample size of just half a year is pretty small anyway, so you can't really draw any significant conclusion from it. Some of them are useful e.g. only 3% of goals came from direct free kicks, only 27% of of free kicks are on target or that we had the 5th highest amount of free kicks on target. Still, very small sample size as cider's pointed out.

The whole article's here, it's not exactly a fun read though.

hehehe that soccerquantified.com bit at the bottom must've made it quite difficult.

I actually google "soccer free kick conversion %" and it was on the first page. I went with 'soccer' as I figured only Americans would be stats-obsessed enough to have that kind of data.

Would love to see the stats for Young compared to various PL players (past and present) but fecked if I can find any...

If he plays central, it means Hernandez or Rooney wont play, cos he cant play in a two man midfield.
It has to be to compete with Valencia and Nani, which is all very well, except there are better players out there who would cost less.

I've seen it a few places, mostly twitter, which is very reliable :)

It wont be our last signing, I think we'll sign 2/3 more.

Including or excluding de Gea and Jones?

I actually google "soccer free kick conversion %" and it was on the first page. I went with 'soccer' as I figured only Americans would be stats-obsessed enough to have that kind of data.

Would love to see the stats for Young compared to various PL players (past and present) but fecked if I can find any...

They are stats obsessed aren't they? It's all because of baseball, a statistician's paradise if there ever was one, and for longer than I can remember.

Young does seem to be very exciting at the moment. Looks like he's about to really hit his peak.

Well Youngs had a great season playing behind the striker at Villa and thats where all the talk is of Fergie wanting to use him, its a squad game remember, its not as if one of Hernandez or Rooney wont ever play again if Youngs fit, horses for courses and all that plus inevitable injuries etc.

Tbh im excited at the thought of Young/Nani/Valencia/Rooney or Hernandez in the same side, the speed of that front line would scare the shit out of defences, plus we wouldnt be fecked if one of our wide players had a 6 month injury again which clearly did hamper us last season.

I suppose those are fair points but I dunno, I just think there are better players out there with more to their game who may have cost less.

Including or excluding de Gea and Jones?

Excluding Jones, including De Gea, unless I've missed something and De Gea has been signed.

N'Zogbia
Gotze
Navas
Mata

I'm going into transfer muppet territory but those are players better and more exciting than Young.

I'm not advocating us signing Downing but he had a better season than Young too. (Villa fans will tell you this)

N'Zogbia
Gotze
Navas
Mata

I'm going into transfer muppet territory but those are players better and more exciting than Young.

I'm not advocating us signing Downing but he had a better season than Young too. (Villa fans will tell you this)

Too late. Just the mention of Insomnia alone is enough

N'Zogbia
Gotze
Navas
Mata

Other than N'zogbia they are all more expensive.

I suppose those are fair points but I dunno, I just think there are better players out there with more to their game who may have cost less.

Excluding Jones, including De Gea, unless I've missed something and De Gea has been signed.

Well, to be honest none of these players have been actually confirmed as signed.

Too late. Just the mention of Insomnia alone is enough

Dude, he's bad arse.

Other than N'zogbia they are all more expensive.

Valencia let Silva go for 25 million, whilst they're not in as bad as financial position as they were, they'd be tempted.
Sevilla aren't one of those cnuty clubs who look to extort.
German clubs are whores, they'll pretend they wont sell and play hardball(Hargreaves) but they'll eventually cave in.

Well, to be honest none of these players have been actually confirmed as signed.

Jones is as good as signed though. De Gea is still spouting shite.

Why do people bitch about fees and wages (which is all speculation anyway)? Fact is we're adding a proven quality player to our team. Stop you're bitching bitches.

Valencia let Silva go for 25 million, whilst they're not in as bad as financial position as they were, they'd be tempted.
Sevilla aren't one of those cnuty clubs who look to extort.
German clubs are whores, they'll pretend they wont sell and play hardball(Hargreaves) but they'll eventually cave in.

I'm sure all of them could be gotten but not for less than £20M IMO.

Insomnia isn't better than him, Gotze wouldn't move here and he isn't your typical pacey winger from what I have seen, Navas will never leave Seville let alone Spain and Mata wouldn't cost less and I prefer a top quality proven PL winger than someone who might be a hit or miss in the league. Young will be excellent for us I promise.

Jones is as good as signed though. De Gea is still spouting shite.

On the other hand, De Gea is the only one of those three mentioned in any way by anyone from United as a target (by Ferguson himself in this case). So IMO his transfer is just as likely as Jones' or Young's until they're officially confirmed.

Insomnia isn't better than him, Gotze wouldn't move here and he isn't your typical pacey winger from what I have seen, Navas will never leave Seville let alone Spain and Mata wouldn't cost less and I prefer a top quality proven PL winger than someone who might be a hit or miss in the league. Young will be excellent for us I promise.

Exactly. Established PL players always cost that little bit more. Whatever we end up paying for Young (and the exact fee remains unkown) it will have to be considered in that context.

For the record, N'Zogbias has 20 goals and 14 assists over the last 3 season, Ashley Young has 27 and 38 respectively.

EDIT: Nani has 31 and 30, Valencia has 13 and 16 (bear in mind he missed almost the whole of last season)

I'll take your word for it.

Exactly. Established PL players always cost that little bit more. Whatever we end up paying for Young (and the exact fee remains unkown) it will have to be considered in that context.

For the record, N'Zogbias has 20 goals and 14 assists over the last 3 season, Ashley Young has 27 and 38 respectively.

EDIT: Nani has 31 and 30, Valencia has 13 and 16 (bear in mind he missed almost the whole of last season)

That doesnt tell the whole story though, I bet Young has more assists and goals than Nasri, who would you rather have?
N'Zogbia has improved ridiculously over the last two seasons too, plus he's been playing for relegation fodder.

That doesnt tell the whole story though, I bet Young has more assists and goals than Nasri, who would you rather have?
N'Zogbia has improved ridiculously over the last two seasons too, plus he's been playing for relegation fodder.

To play on the wing? Young.

I have to hand it to you though: United bought N'Zogbia on every single FM10 save of mine so the virtual Fergie must have seen something in him.

I think he's a tricky but high-maintenance player who's best suited to being the main man at a mid-table club.

It's like Rio all over again, except on a lower level. We overpaid, and there are better alternatives around (Nesta, Cannavaro blah blah).

One of the main reason we're signing him is that he's good, and he's English. With us losing Hargreaves, Scholes, Gary, we need to top up a bit to the squad. We are an English side after all.

None of this is going to help us catch Barcelona in the surrealist Art Nouveau stakes....I reckon we need to sign Tracy Emin.

It's like Rio all over again, except on a lower level. We overpaid, and there are better alternatives around (Nesta, Cannavaro blah blah).

One of the main reason we're signing him is that he's good, and he's English. With us losing Hargreaves, Scholes, Gary, we need to top up a bit to the squad. We are an English side after all.

Yep, we all know what happens when you don't have enough British players in your team and too many foreigners. :)

N'Zogbia
Gotze
Navas
Mata

Navas feels homseick when he leave saville for a day...

None of this is going to help us catch Barcelona in the surrealist Art Nouveau stakes....I reckon we need to sign Tracy Emin.

That'd be like inviting Sacchi to take over from the Glazers. Terrible idea I'd say.

That'd be like inviting Sacchi to take over from the Glazers. Terrible idea I'd say.

But then we'll never match them for Cathedrals dammit!

Navas feels homseick when he leave saville for a day...

This is sadly, and hilariously true. He only went to the World Cup cos him mum came with him....He suffers from severe anxiety attacks. A windy night in Stoke might actually be the death of him.

We're not going to catch Barca, Mockers, but we'll still have Lowry to their Gaudi.

Orangoutang or something.

We need Christopher Wren more than Tracy Emin, the puesdo-intellectual knobcheese.

Well apart from being dead for nearly 300 years, your plan is faultless...Faultless I say!!

We're not going to catch Barca, Mockers.

But...but...then what's the point in living?

feck it, I'm just going to support them then. If you can't beat 'em...

I heard we could pay him 130,000 pounds a week, is that for real? :wenger::eek:

Well apart from being dead for nearly 300 years, you're plan is faultless...Faultless I say!!....

Dead you say? Or immortalised in various architectural masterpieces?

Well apart from being dead for nearly 300 years, your plan is faultless...Faultless I say!!

Or buy Xavi and Iniesta.

Brilliant plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.