A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then we'll swap Young for Nani? I like where your head's at.

You're not familiar with the works of friendlytramp, I gather.

We're either getting Sneijder for Nani or if Sneijder stays at Inter we'll still sell Nani but get Sanchez. In the latter scenario Young might not be needed.

It's all so obvious.

We'll spend whatever Fergie thinks is a reasonable fee to acquire a player he wants.

End of story.

£20m for a player who's contract expires next summer seems excessive to me. We could quite easily wait until January and that price would halve.

Makes no sense if we are after Nasri to offer around £10m, but offer £20m for a much inferior player.

I hate the transfer window.

To add competition you don't need to spend 20 million pounds! Again, we are getting mugged.

You don't think our current wingers are worth that much?

Because of Young's contract situation he'll probably cost a lot less than that, which is a great way to sign a player that provides meaningful competition for Nani/Valencia without paying a fortune.

£20m for a player who's contract expires next summer seems excessive to me. We could quite easily wait until January and that price would halve.

Makes no sense if we are after Nasri to offer around £10m, but offer £20m for a much inferior player.

I hate the transfer window.

You don't honestly think we'll get Nasri for that?

If by some twist of fate we do have a bid accepted I'd wager it will probably be above £20m.

Breaking News on SSN that a deal has almost been done, personal terms agreed etc

According to united terms agreed, fee almost agreed, deal to be completed when he returns from holiday

I wonder how often we'll see Valencia-Young-Nani as the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, it would absolutely put the fear of God into teams like Arsenal.

You don't honestly think we'll get Nasri for that?

If by some twist of fate we do have a bid accepted I'd wager it will probably be above £20m.

No I don't think we will get him for that, probably close to £25m I'd imagine but Nasri would be worth it and he's pretty much exactly what we need along with a goalkeeper. We're not in desperate need of a winger though, and I feel £20m could be better spent.

All that said I do like Young. I trust Fergie.

If he agreed personal terms why do we have to wait for him to come back to finalise?

Some say it would be a good PR stunt to have the signings gathered up and smiling.

They said he had a mini medical so maybe he needs a full one first and fee hasnt been agreed yet

I've kind of warmed to this deal since my original 'nooooo' response to it. I still don't see how he'll fit in though, it would mean one of Nani or Valencia don't get to play when he does, and neither of them deserve to be dropped.

Change the record Lailini. We're signing him. He's proven to be one of the best wingers in the League. It's a good signing.

I've kind of warmed to this deal since my original 'nooooo' response to it. I still don't see how he'll fit in though, it would mean one of Nani or Valencia don't get to play when he does, and neither of them deserve to be dropped.

But they do deserve a rest mate, plus, he's excellent cover should one get injured. Plus, he may play through the middle / second striker role.

It's a good move.

Whoever is in form will play.

In addition he can play behind the striker when Rooney is unavailable.

It has to be said, if we think we've a realistic chance of signing Nasri then the Young deal makes a lot less sense - seeing as Nasri usually plays on the left wing for Arsenal.

I think we'd be stupid to sign Nasri for anything other than playing centrally tbh.

I don't understand how we can agree personal terms before agreeing the fee.

Nasri? Yes. I agree.

Given he can play on the left wing, though, and play very well it does seem strange to add another left winger to the mix if we're confident of signing Nasri.

It's only logical that we're not confident of signing Nasri then. Which, let's face it, is not much of a surprise.

Remember last year - 'what are we signing another centre back for' '£12m for a Fulham reserve' 'he's rubbish' 'moan moan whinge winge'.

Smalling worked out alright, I'm sure Young if he signs will too.

Remember last year - 'what are we signing another centeback for' '£12m for a Fulham reserve' 'he's rubbish' 'moan moan whinge winge'.

Smelling worked out alright, I'm sure Young if he signs will too.

Yep. An injury to Nani/Valencia and we'll be thanking our lucky stars for having Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.