A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of those threads where peoples negative posts are going to be bumped throughout the next 4 years whenever he plays well.

It will probably be locked if (when?) he signs and replaced with a new one in the United forum. That's what happened with Valencia, and his transfer thread had many similar comments which would have certainly lead to bumps.

I can't understand why anyone would think signing Young would be a negative? Good player, young enough to give us 6-7 years service and probably had his best, most consistent season with Villa - earning him a regualar call up to the national side.

I think the only negative could be the sale of Nani.......

We need a another winger ffs!!!!!!

We´re playing with two wingers in almost every game.

Bebe isn`t a winger, Obertan isn`t good enough for us, Giggs will play next season surely the most games in CM............Nani, Valencia and Park aren`t enough cover.

The Young signing makes 100% sense.

I totally agree on the "United creating world class players" point. And to an extent, we've seen Nani and Valencia bought in at a youngish age and we've seen both improve a fair bit under Ferguson's tutelage.

Young's a different kettle of fish - nearly 26 years old - and I'm not sure whether there's genuine scope for improvement in his game. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice, especially since players can mature at later stages, but I just don't really see how his game can be developed to any great degree.

The fee looks like it'll be between £15-20m. I just feel that it'd be money better spent elsewhere. I think we're handsomely enough endowed on the flanks to not have to worry about signing another one. That said, if he does arrive, I'll fully back him and I think he will become a very good performer for us.

I think there is plenty of scope for improvement, some players relish playing on the bigger stages, and we are starting to see similar improvement with England from Young. He has been arguably England's best attacking player in the last few matches i have watched. (which isn't saying much admittedly) :D

Sometimes the quality of players around them can inspire players to even higher levels of performance and consistency, let's hope Young, should we sign him, falls into that category.

Harry Redknapp: "Ashley Young looks like he's going to Man United" #MUFC #AVFC

shut up, none of your business

Fighting on all fronts, using squad rotation system is opening big chances of winning something, every single year. Create even bigger depth with that signing and chances will rise very close to it's maximum.

Ashley Simon Young is very dynamic but he can also look around, find gap in defence, shoot from distance, or simply cross it with solid precision. He will reinforce Rooney in creating goal chances and provide Hernandez with assists.

England have important player in him and so will United.

Harry Redknapp: "Ashley Young looks like he's going to Man United" #MUFC #AVFC

shut up, none of your business

Harry next week

Sky reporter "Well what do you think of Ashley Young's move to United"

'Arry "Well he's a decent player, we put in a bid over the weekend, the Chairman spoke to Randy Lerner but he's heart was set on United!"

Sky reporter "Is there a sense of disapointment on missing out?"

'Arry "Well I understand Georgie Thompson has been released by Dec recently so we'll move on to that target"

317913853.jpg

No way he's making more than £100k a week.

Journos are doing this kind of thing more & more:

£200MILLION FOR TEVEZ!*

*in wages, if he stays at Man City for 50 years.

OH HI WE'RE CITY LETS BUY JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT caps

1305514166021.png

Rumours are that #MCFC offered Ashley Young more cash in a late bid for him, but he's rejected it. He only wants #MUFC

:lol: City in getting slapped in the face and told where to go in the transfer market strikes again, when will they learn, theyre still a small club in a big pond with only money to offer, no player in his right mind would join them over the elite of europe, must say i find it quite amusing how they so obviously try and sign every player we go for to stop us getting our targets, talk about obsessed from the top! and apparently we're the ones who are scared! :lol:

City = the home of mercenaries.

Numbers in the Mirror seem well off, £14m fee and then a contract over 5 years worth £20m. Thats what I think they are getting at, so £70k a week rather then £130k.

The Daily Mail say's £15m.....

Yep. A bit tiresome to be honest because you get the feeling for about 2-3 weeks now it was talked about as done. Hope it really is done tomorrow and that's that.

Yep. A bit tiresome to be honest because you get the feeling for about 2-3 weeks now it was talked about as done. Hope it really is done tomorrow and that's that.

Why? Like the Jones and De Gea ones I think it's 99% done to the point where there will be no more speculation

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but if we're going to catch up with Barca, well, I don't really see how any of the players we're linked with are gonna help us do that.

Young is a quality player though.

I dont understand this sudden 'would this player make a difference against Barca' Argument craze, are we supposed to only sign players good enough to beat Barcelona now then and who exactly are these players?? Fabregas is raved about as the best midfield player in the country yet got schooled against Xavi and Iniesta, so who do we sign whos better???

Barcelona are out on their own as the top side in the world, no player we sign is going to change that for the forseable, and its ridiculous to rubbish potential signings on that basis, Alexis Sanchez and Wesley Sneijder wouldn't make us better than Barcelona, feck it cristiano Ronaldo wouldnt make us better than Barcelona.

I dont understand this sudden 'would this player make a difference against Barca' Argument craze, are we supposed to only sign players good enough to beat Barcelona now then and who exactly are these players?? Fabregas is raved about as the best midfield player in the country yet got schooled against Xavi and Iniesta, so who do we sign whos better???

Barcelona are out on their own as the top side in the world, no player we sign is going to change that for the forseable, and its ridiculous to rubbish potential signings on that basis, Alexis Sanchez and Wesley Sneijder wouldn't make us better than Barcelona, feck it cristiano Ronaldo wouldnt make us better than Barcelona.

My point is that we seem to only want to strengthen our squad depth, as opposed to strengthening our best 11.

They would certainly bring us closer to them.

Numbers in the Mirror seem well off, £14m fee and then a contract over 5 years worth £20m. Thats what I think they are getting at, so £70k a week rather then £130k.

The Daily Mail say's £15m.....

Sun says 4 year contract, not 5. That brings the £20 million salary to £100k a week roughly. Which is about right considering he was on fair money at Villa apparently.

So his fee was around £15 million.

Yeah it's a bit annoying but the sentiment that we need top top (Jamie Redknapp alert) players to compete as we have previously. Whichever way you 'spin' it, Ashley Young just isn't in that band...yet. But it's a squad game, we'll surely invest further and (like Valencia) SAF sees something that many of us do not.

Can't say I'd be 'over-awed' by the signing but it's far from a 'bad' one. I thought a similar thing about Valencia and was probed wrong, so hoping this will be similar - SAF is the master.

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but if we're going to catch up with Barca, well, I don't really see how any of the players we're linked with are gonna help us do that.

Young is a quality player though.

It's still early in this window to be jumping to those conclusions tbh, having thought about it the idea of moving 'deadwood' such as Brown & Gibson out and bringing in top talent like Jones and Young certainly makes our squad stronger thus it will bring us closer to Barca

You're obviously looking at the two starting XI's from Wembley and not seeing changes from us yet from that standpoint but it cant be done overnight and probably not in one transfer window either

We need a central midfielder we all know that, but that alone wont suddenly make us better than Barcelona it's going to take a couple of years to get there this summer though I'll be happy with just one star central midfielder and hope we dont play them again in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.