A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you saying. Is it a good source or you don't believe him

The source is impecable, and I 100% believe him as he so far knows it. I know he has contacts.

He says Foster to Villa is very likely, Villa as a club think Young will join Liverpool.

Mikail Smith is going to Celtic/Rangers/QPR.

He told me some other shit about a striker going Sheff United as well. But the first two were the big ones.

The source is impecable, and I 100% believe him as he so far knows it. I know he has contacts.

He says Foster to Villa is very likely, Villa as a club think Young will join Liverpool.

He told me some other shit about a striker going Sheff United as well. But the first two were the big ones.

Okay. Can't say I would be upset if Young goes Pool, possible means we've decided to take on option up on another winger.

Why? he's had a good loan spell at Wigan and is spoken of very highly. In truth unless we are bringing in the kind of wide forward that could become a truly top player like Nani, I don't see the point in shoving another ordinary player in at the expense of giving a youth product a try.

Why? he's had a good loan spell at Wigan and is spoken of very highly. In truth unless we are bringing in the kind of wide forward that could become a truly top player like Nani, I don't see the point in shoving another ordinary player in at the expense of giving a youth product a try.

I've got faith in his talent and believe he'll be a top top player, just check my previous over analysed comments on him. I just think it would be too much for us to expect that kind of performance level which we would need from him in his first full season with the 1st team.. but I could be wrong.

I've got faith in his talent and believe he'll be a top top player, just check my previous over analysed comments on him. I just think it would be too much for us to expect that kind of performance level which we would need from him in his first full season with the 1st team.. but I could be wrong.

I think he has the mentality for it, plus we'd only require him to be the back up winger, that should ease him into the first team squad.

How do people go about being ITK, genuinely? Who is it in our club that is that high up to be privy to this information and is happy to give it out?

This i see happening

Really?? We seem to going against our plans in January which looked like Young and Rodwell as definate buys.

our plans in January? Are you Fergie or something, because I dont remember United announcing transfer targets in January?

How do people go about being ITK, genuinely? Who is it in our club that is that high up to be privy to this information and is happy to give it out?

There are no genuine United ITKs. Clubs like Liverpool seem to have loads of them.

ITKs can exist. For example, if you work in the club shop, you'll be told of a potential signing before it happens so you can print the name on the back of the shirt in advance. That does happen. My ITK at Arsenal works in the press office - he still gets things wrong, because changes happen of which he isn't made aware, but he gets the majority of stuff right.

ITKs can exist. For example, if you work in the club shop, you'll be told of a potential signing before it happens so you can print the name on the back of the shirt in advance. That does happen. My ITK at Arsenal works in the press office - he still gets things wrong, because changes happen of which he isn't made aware, but he gets the majority of stuff right.

There is usually a significant amount of time between the announcement of a signing and granting him a shirt number, I imagine that's when they are produced. Transfers are usually announced as soon as an agreement is reached because of all the registering that needs to be done, I doubt there are many people outside of the top of the officials ladder at the club who know what's going on behind the scenes.

"Cheers mate - we are planning on signing Ashley Young, but we wan't to keep a lid on it - so could you just print a few thousand shirts with his name on it - just to be on the safe side. But don't tell anyone - this is between the board, Ashley and you"

"Cheers mate - we are planning on signing Ashley Young, but we wan't to keep a lid on it - so could you just print a few thousand shirts with his name on it - just to be on the safe side. But don't tell anyone - this is between the board, Ashley and you"

Obviously they don't find out ages in advance, but perhaps the night before the unveiling. Otherwise you get thousands of people turning up at the club shop with no shirt for the new signing.

I imagine the only times they can know in advance of the press are at deadline days. Wouldn't surprise me though.

Obviously they don't find out ages in advance, but perhaps the night before the unveiling. Otherwise you get thousands of people turning up at the club shop with no shirt for the new signing.

Yeah, I had to give the shop a nod ahead of time when I got Legend printed on mine. :lol:

Young had admitted that he is ambitious and wanted to be part of the CL final. I doubt that this could be achieved with Liverpool's current side.

Young had admitted that he is ambitious and wanted to be part of the CL final. I doubt that this could be achieved with Liverpool's current side.

And if United, Arsenal etc have shown no interest? Does he just stay at Villa forever? Liverpool is definitely a step up.

And if United, Arsenal etc have shown no interest? Does he just stay at Villa forever? Liverpool is definitely a step up.

Well he should had stopped short from saying this "I want to play in the CL final" nonsense. Liverpool need at least 3 more years to return to their former glory and by that time they have to start thinking on how to replace crucial players like Gerrard, the own goal maestro, Reina and erm Kuyt.

Well he should had stopped short from saying this "I want to play in the CL final" nonsense. Liverpool need at least 3 more years to return to their former glory and by that time they have to replace crucial players like Gerrard, the own goal maestro, Reina and erm Kuyt.

Again, if the likes of United are not showing interest then whats he supposed to do?

Liverpool are not as far from CL qualification as you imply, and Young may back himself to be a player that make the difference for them.

Again, if the likes of United are not showing interest then whats he supposed to do?

Liverpool are not as far from CL qualification as you imply, and Young may back himself to be a player that make the difference for them.

They're that away from the CL Qualification.

"He has shown people why clubs like Manchester United are after him and he is a top, top player," admitted Bent.

"He has played the last four internationals and got three man of the matches so he is on fire at the moment.

"That's why teams like United want him.

"I have always said the best player I have played with club-wise was Luka Modric at Tottenham but Ash can't be too far behind now, if not on a par with him."

Fergie Fergie sign them up

I've told you they are multiple ways how to praise this sleeping giant, mention history, their support base, the way their fans can nick a car and get away with it. Just don't mention the CL final. Its like saying to us "How Id wish to sign with a club capable of humiliating the current Barca team week in week out". That would be stupid.

Liverpool are some steps away from CL qualifications (Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Shitty are better then them and can only get better (either on the pitch or in finance wise)) + they have to also compete with Spurs and light years away from the CL final (Real, United, Inter, Barca and AC Milan are waaaaaaay better then them).

"He has shown people why clubs like Manchester United are after him and he is a top, top player," admitted Bent.

"He has played the last four internationals and got three man of the matches so he is on fire at the moment.

"I have always said the best player I have played with club-wise was Luka Modric at Tottenham but Ash can't be too far behind now, if not on a par with him."

Get Modrid to United now!

He will. It just makes so much sense.

I've told you they are multiple ways how to praise this sleeping giant, mention history, their support base, the way their fans can nick a car and get away with it. Just don't mention the CL final. Its like saying to us "How Id wish to sign with a club capable of humiliating the current Barca team week in week out". That would be stupid.

Liverpool are some steps away from CL qualifications (Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Shitty are better then them and can only get better (either on the pitch or in finance wise)) + they have to also compete with Spurs and light years away from the CL final (Real, United, Inter, Barca and AC Milan are waaaaaaay better then them).

And do you think Ashley Young is doing a thorough analysis of the clubs out there? He may well just be thinking 'get me the feck out of Villa, I don't want a relegation battle next season'.

If Liverpool come knocking, and nobody better does, then why wouldn't he go there? It's not really so long ago they were in CL finals, and if he has the ego that most players have he'll back himself to help get them back in the CL and show the clubs like United who ignored him what they missed out on.

It wouldn't work in FM because Young would refuse to leave so early.

Ah ok.. I haven't played FM for years now.. I knew they would fix that sometime or the other..

Really?? We seem to going against our plans in January which looked like Young and Rodwell as definate buys.

I don't think it was that clear cut that we were going to buy these specific players back in January.. Also if its true.. A lot can change in 6 months..

Obviously not 100% confirmed, but the press have generally accepted/reported that the player we tried to sign in January was Young

Rodwell and Henderson have had as much talk. As usual nobody in the press knows anything about Uniteds plans. They're just speculating.

You didn't even post the entire bit... The last part is quite revealing incase Bent mentioning Man Utd wasn't enough..
Bent believes it is unlikely that Villa can prevent Young from moving to the Champions League runners-up.

"I am still trying little bits and bobs here and there to make him stay but at the end of the day he a top, top player and a top professional," added Bent.

"If he wants to go and play for the second-best club side in the world, who is going to stop him?"

Young seeks bigger stage | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Status
Not open for further replies.