A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, a mate of mine broke into Gill's office at OT and found a memo from Fergie, i've copied the contents below:

Gilly,

Transfer targets:

I want the below before i return from my hols and don't fcuk it like Kenyon did...

Young
Adam
Green
Micky Phelan

Regards

Fergie

I believed that until I saw Micky Phelan on the list.

I agree, we have always been a team with flair not just efficiency, Nani is our best flair player and with a stronger midfield we wont have to leave him out of any big games.

We will if he's not playing well.

Or if we're playing Chelsea and Fergie wants to give Valencia another chance to run rings around Ashley Cole, without dropping our best player the last time we came up against them (Park)

We will if he's not playing well.

Or if we're playing Chelsea and Fergie wants to give Valencia another chance to run rings around Ashley Cole, without dropping our best player the last time we came up against them (Park)

I thought Giggs was our best player last time we played Chelsea, but I was looking at it from the perspective of if all are in form I think Nani's creativity and goal threat mean he starts.

He's just scored a Nani type of goal for England 5 minutes after he was introduced into the team.

I don't know whether I'm just missing another unfunny joke but he's been in good form for England since he's been given his chance this season, this isn't anything different and won't really have any impact. He'd already shown he can make the difference at this level.

He'd probably be a decent signing for United, you dont really have a left winger at the moment. Still i dont think he's quite at the required level.

I think he is absolutely at the level. Think Antonio Valencia.

With Young there is room for improvement, and Fergie is the man that will turn him into one of the countries' best players

He definitely livened England's attack up today, but it was virtually comatose in the first half, nothing has changed one way or the other, I suspect his signing will be announced on Monday.

Completely changed the game today, MOTM having only played 45 minutes. Still, the England performance was very poor so he had to make a difference really.

I think he is absolutely at the level. Think Antonio Valencia.

With Young there is room for improvement, and Fergie is the man that will turn him into one of the countries' best players

could very well be the case, not rulling him out, i just have my doubts. If the price is right he's a worthy gamble.

Who do you support FV?

Kilmarnock FC

he is not really that young either, 27.....

his name doth deceive :D

he's actually 25!

he's decent,

but while they aren't exactly carbon-copies positionally....affelay can play wide and through the middle like young.

though affelay is slower than young, affelay is streets ahead technically.

Affelay went for 2 million....young 16 million?

The market never makes sense for english players.

he's decent,

but while they aren't exactly carbon-copies positionally....affelay can play wide and through the middle like young.

Affelay was out of contract in 6 months.......Young is out of contract in 12 months.

he's decent,

Value in the market?

Young is a good player. He's no Ronaldo or Messi, but he can go past players and create space for others - he also links up with other players on the team. You may have realised that SAF is preferring this kind of player recently. They may not be amazing stand-out players, but the fact that they link up means the team plays better and is better than the sum of its parts.

I think he would make our team better.

Young is a good player. He's no Ronaldo or Messi, but he can go past players and create space for others - he also links up with other players on the team. You may have realised that SAF is preferring this kind of player recently. They may not be amazing stand-out players, but the fact that they link up means the team plays better and is better than the sum of its parts.

I think he would make our squad better.

edited for you. agreed.

Based on?

Would be happy if that was the case.

He said he'd sort out his future after the England match, I suspect this will be a very quick bit of business, I base this mostly off the fact that just about every journo says he'll join us and because I don't want him to, the latter making it almost certain he will. :lol:

He said he'd sort out his future after the England match, I suspect this will be a very quick bit of business, I base this mostly off the fact that just about every journo says he'll join us and because I don't want him to, the latter making it almost certain he will. :lol:

:lol: I think if he does join you will be pleasently surprised.

He has plenty of room for improvement.

Capello has just said that he didn't start Young because wing is not his position.

Is he an idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.