A. Young | Guardian: Medical today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sign de gea, young and maybe rodwell. Pathetic for the second best team in the world!

You really are a complete idiot. :lol: Bless....

Spastic - and there are multiple reasons for that sort of comment.

Living in Brum, I've asked a few Villa fans I know what the news is at their end. As far as they're concerned he's off, but most think to Liverpool.

Would be a bit of a strange move if he's looking for Champions League football, there's a strong possibility Liverpool aren't even going to get that the season after next.

Would be a bit of a strange move if he's looking for Champions League football, there's a strong possibility Liverpool aren't even going to get that the season after next.

Maybe he s doing a 'joe cole'...

£15-£20m seems pretty high for a player that has only a year to run on his contract, and under that silly ruling could buy out the remainder of his contract in a few months time.

We should try and use maybe Gibson as makeweight for the Young deal. They are releasing players left and right.

I'd say 3 years left on his contract and the fact he's English yeah 20m sounds about right for him really couldn't envision him ever being sold for more than that

I'd go to 18m if he was on a long contract. All this recent stuff seems so weird considering a few months ago the general idea on here was that he isnt all that brilliant. Certainly not a £20 million player

I agree with Ekeke. 20m for a player with a one-year contract? Hmm, I guess Fergie really wants him then, if it's true.

I think we'll get him for 14m... Just a feeling that the speculation is just a selling point but I'm sure SAF will not pay more than needed.

A.Young definitely isn't our No.1 target for the "BIG" transfer mentioned. He will be a very good squad player which at 25, still has the potential to be better... But I'm sure we will pull something through in CM.

Aside from De gea, Young and Rodwell doesn't fill me with much hope for next season when we try take the CL.
Look, don't get me wrong, they seem to tick all the right boxes when it comes to the EPL, but we need something different for the big Eurpoean nights.

In fact, i'll go as far a saying that we can win the EPL next season without any new signings, as long as we stay clear of injuries.

He isn't going to cost £20m (in transfer fees anyway).

As I've said before, I'd be more excited by someone like Sanchez but this is the sort of signing Ferguson tends to do very well at: Premiership proven, ambitious to win something, versatile with clear room for improvement.

i get the feeling if we really wanted young the deal would be done by now.

my gut feeling is that we are investigating a few other options with young as a backup

I'd go to 18m if he was on a long contract. All this recent stuff seems so weird considering a few months ago the general idea on here was that he isnt all that brilliant. Certainly not a £20 million player

That's quite a specific window, £18m ok but £20m no way?

What about £18.5m? £19m?!

I would rather see cleverley and welbeck given gametime on the wings, as backups for Valencia, nani and park.

We don't really need a new winger, I would sooner sign a 2nd central midfielder (assuming we are already going to sign one as a priority)

For £20m Young can feck right off. No value there and thats the truth.

If we buy 20m for a player who's going to be a squad player and who's got one year left on his contract... well let's just say those "no value in the market" comments will seem interesting.

Has a player ever been sold for £13m? It seems an odd price for a football player. Like £19m; who's ever been sold for £19m?!

He'd be a bargain at £18,732,542 though.

I really hope we sign him for £18,732,542.

Anything more would be a rip-off.

Ok, maybe £18,968,112, at the absolute maximum. Not a penny more though :nono:

:lol: the specifics of the fees discussed above amused me too.

Any amount of money is too much whilst we have a central midfield in great need of some big investment.

Meanwhile we already have two of the best wingers in the country.

The Caf is sometimes ridiculous, the Mail has given the figure of 15Mil, Mirror at 16Mil and it's only the Express which is going at the figure of 20Mil. It's clear that nobody knows what the real figure is, but yet we're using the highly quoted figure.

He'd be a bargain at £18,732,542 though.

I really hope we sign him for £18,732,542.

Anything more would be a rip-off.

Ok, maybe £18,968,112, at the absolute maximum. Not a penny more though :nono:

:lol: maybe we can all chip in with a penny to raise it to £19m!

No, but seriously, what do you reckon, Pogue? At the end of the season, if you asked me how much i'd pay for Young, I would've said about £10m. This seemed to be the concensus, with the player having just a year left on his contract.

Gradually, the price seems to have inflated judging by reports, which couls explain the delay in his transfer.

£20m for a player who in my eyes is not better than what we have just seems like madness.

£12m - with only one year remaining it cant be anymore than that! We are too stingy

After all these numbers floating about on here id love it if we signed him for an undisclosed fee :lol:

The Caf is sometimes ridiculous, the Mail has given the figure of 15Mil, Mirror at 16Mil and it's only the Express which is going at the figure of 20Mil. It's clear that nobody knows what the real figure is, but yet we're using the highly quoted figure.

Go to the update thread. Plenty of the papers are in agreement of the price.

If we don't consider the length of his contract than 20M seems about right.

£20m for a player who in my eyes is not better than what we have just seems like madness.

I'd tend to agree. If he had four years left on his deal he'd probably be worth around the £20m mark, but buying a squad player who has only one year left I can't imagine we'd pay > £10-15m. Especially when it seems that we are the only team in for him (if he wants Champions League football as he's quoted he isn't going to go to Liverpool).

If SAF decides that Young is a player he wants in his squad and that he's willing to pay £20m to bring him in, why do you any of you guys give a stuff how much he is signed for?

If we sign him for £20m or £12m, what difference will that make to you?

If SAF decides that Young is a player he wants in his squad and that he's willing to pay £20m to bring him in, why do you any of you guys give a stuff how much he is signed for?

I'd go along with this.

If the money is there, spend it.

He's done it before, Berbatov, Rio, Rooney. He'll spend what he has to to get the players he wants.

Because that would mean we would have lesser to spend on a CM, a position that needs more attention. Especially if you look our (supposed) targets - Modric, Sneijder - players that would cost more than around 30 million themselves. Also considering De Gea would (most probably) sign for around 18million, that's a lot of money spent on just 3 players, one of whom would only act as cover to Nani/Valencia.

because £20m is mental for a player with 1 year remaining on his contract, we would have been royally taken to the cleaners.

Ozil went for 12m with 1 year remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.